What Flavors Work Best At High Nicotine Levels

I vape 6mg, but If I’m going to a party where I know there will be smoking and drinking I’ll switch to 18mg.
The flavours that can survive a drastic change like that (for me) are Tobaccos, menthols and blackcurrant/ lemon/ lime / mint with menthol - no sweeteners.
The acidic or menthol stuff also helps cool down the throat hit.

3 Likes

Could add some:
coffees
Peanut Butters
Chocolates

2 Likes

I agree. I’d skip flavors that have a stronger th. Then again if you’re accustomed to the th of the nic, maybe a little extra from the flavor wouldn’t bother you…?
The flavors themselves shouldn’t matter if you have good nicotine. My husband vapes 9mg and I vape 2.5, he only likes fruits so whatever fruity mixes I make for myself I also make for him. He’s never complained about flavors tasting off, and when I’ve vaped his higher mg stuff I don’t notice any difference other than th.

4 Likes

From my experiences Nicotine can and will take over a mix but it is over a longer period of time. Really i think it comes down to flavors fading coupled with nic oxidizing further. Say 8% TFA citrus punch as a Single flavor may not be enough as it steeps flavor fades and coupled with further degradation of nic you may taste more nic than flavor. 15% may hold its flavor but steep time will be longer. Hence why we boost/layer mixes with supporting flavors that reduce flavor fade. I agree with others that clean nic should not be a problem butdepends on how long you plan to have them sit in your cupboard/box/shelf.

2 Likes

I used to smoke 3 3 1/2 packs a day. the 18 mg works for now. I’ve found apricot is fantastic. So is strawberry double melon. I just need to figure out the right proportions based upon the recipes here. I made one I called “super blueberry”. OMG it was good. I just can keep track of all the modifications to recreate them. Any fruity flavored only recopies that work for 18mg? Honeysuckle is a great sweetener. I want to make a decent Cucumber honeydew melon. I just need the flavor mg adjustments.

3 Likes

I can not vouch for any of these, unless you might find one of my recipes, @Doug_Comer

but that will give you a good head start.

I can not tell you your flavor amounts, however I can tell you to try your flavors one by one and find out where you like it, starting low and work up to where you like the flavor.

Being you have on your elr recipe wall you vape at 200 watts, I am afraid what I might suggest, you might not be able to taste.

3 Likes

@woftam… what ya think… is he safe to keep vaping 18 mg at 200 watts ?? Not seeing what he says as a V12-T14 coil… I see a V12-T12 coil at .12ohms… seems to me a bit high… here are the specs…

https://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv12-cloud-beast-king

3 Likes

I truly believe your own body will tell you what is OK and what is not…
Vaping 18mg at 200W can be done if you’re taking small puffs, which I believe he indicated he does. It is however far from an ideal setup, that I will agree to. In the end, people have to do what works for them and what keeps them off the stinkies, but @Caped_Conspirathist would likely benefit from going to his B&M store and testing out some other equipment or see how another liquid would work with his current equipment. I’d say the first would be the best option. TFV12’s are IMO not great tanks for beginners who want to quit smoking but for people who’re mostly interested in producing local weather systems.
I’m sure he’ll find his ways. Most of us have had to try different systems before we settled with a certain type that works for us.

4 Likes

I agree with you there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ya for sure it will - 18mg in a subohm is on the high side but then 3 pkts a day is also on the high side. I know if i hit that i would get nic sick

5 Likes

is what I was thinking too… but if it is working for him now… it’s a good thing.
Just not too sure on flavors because there are a few that just can not handle the heat…
I know exactly what he is talking about and I think he should look into the ultra flavors.
just my opinion… :wink:

3 Likes

I take small puffs similar to a cigarette. I don’t inhale deeply (which I have issues doing at all nic mgs) I got this unit because it works with the small puffs. The V12-T14’s are brand new. I’m slowly cutting the wattage back. I’m at 180 now. I tried the 80-100 watt units (I have an Aegis Legend that I bought first. Great flavor but I have to inhale deeply with it. I can use LNW brand mixes at 18mg at 200w and I can taste them great. I just can’t figure out how to make my own.

2 Likes

If I may ask, which tanks have you tried so far?

2 Likes

@anon28032772, the smok beast, the King Smoke Beast, the Falcon, the Falcon 2, the Blazer 200, and one that lit up pink when I used it. I have no clue what it was (it was old) so once the last new coil was used, I trashed it. If I cut the wattage back on the King Beast, the flavor comes out wonderfully. I don’t want to go to 24mg. With mixing my own I found I’m at around 16mg after mixing.

The Falcon 2 is somewhat ok for maintenance but after I eat or get up in the AM, the King Beast is the one I have to start with. Remember, I don’t inhale it like most (if not all) vaper’s do. I take shallow hits. With the Falcon and Falcon 2, It took an hour in the AM with deep inhales (and that hurt) to get up to feeling normal. I’m going to taper off 1mg at a time. I can’t do 6mg’s at a step. It’s to fast.

2 Likes

@anon28032772, I made a KILLER blueberry too on my 2nd attempt (just winged it until I hit about 18%) and it was fantastic!!! I ran out of flavor though lol.

2 Likes

@anon84779643 Just saying… Not trying to do anything but show you they make them. Don’t shoot the messenger?? (if you do, aim just a little above the tip of my nose? lmao!)

0.12ohm Fourteen Coils
80-350W / Best: 120-200W

I know I’m raising a lot of eyebrows and making eyes bulge but I can’t help it. I’m not smoking and my chest stopped hurting when I started to vape. Even at this level. That’s the important part to me.

I’m just showing you they make them…

3 Likes

Not doubting you, after market coils are possible… I just couldnt find the ohms this morning :wink:

2 Likes

These are supposedly made by SMOK. They’re super new. They really make it smooth. No throat hit…

3 Likes

I roll my own coils… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I’ll screw that up too lmao. I’ll just stick with the store bought stuff. I still screw that up but not as bad lmao.

2 Likes