What flavours to get from TPA?

bloody hell…\never paid attention to that.

but those are 0.0001%.

so for 250ml bottle, every 125 puffs is a ml or 2 of arsenic and chloride. 25 puffs ml of sulphate, 10 puffs ml of sulphate ash… it adds up and could really offset flavor i would think on a molecular scale, if they react to the flavoring molecules in any way.
im not a chemist, but I would not risk it lol of course my math is not accurate, but just making the point, you’d still be ingesting known poison :confused: TFA sells VG and PG, if you are trying to keep your order all together with one supplier because of your situation where you live. i cant be sure but id be willing to bet some change that heating the flavoring with those chemicals present is probably going to do some damage to the flavor no matter how small ammount of it there is

you’re freaking me out, man! lol

what about this stuff?

which would you choose?

i lean towards the one in the center (2) … its turkish.

furthermore, look what i found on the bottle of glycerine i was using (for a short while anyway). never really used it much.

at the end of that PDF it says:

HAZARD STATEMENTS : May be harmful if swallowed . Causes mild skin irritation. Causes eye irritation
PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS :
Prevention : Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
Response : If skin irritation occurs, seek medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists, get medical
advice/attention. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF IN EYES:
Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.

lol. “if swallowed”. does that count for inhaling also?

1 Like

I have seen similar warnings like the “if swallowed” part, on the MSDS for several flavors we are using in our recipes. Every recipe with a “!” inside a black triangle…if you click on the triangle, it will explain the warning…and in some of the cases (perhaps all) it shows a link to the MSDS and it sounds very similar to the warning you were just listing. I was taken aback a bit, I have to say. I think a LOT of what’s on those MSDS’s is there to cover their asses.

Not to say information and instructions on a Material Safety Data Sheet should not be followed. I just think they haven’t caught up to vaping yet so we are trying to read between the lines and scratch our heads. Prevailing caution would say if swallowing it and getting it on your skin are bad then vaping it is probably bad as well, but I just have no idea as I am neither a doctor, a chemist or even very smart for that matter. It’s up to each of us to do our research.

Now…on the [quote=“mikelej14, post:22, topic:57447”]
so for 250ml bottle, every 125 puffs is a ml or 2 of arsenic and chloride. 25 puffs ml of sulphate, 10 puffs ml of sulphate ash…
[/quote]

I will have to agree with Mike…that is some dangerous shit, even in small quantities. WTF are they thinking cutting Glycerine … wait a sec. Is that Vegetable Clycerine or something else? And is it food grade? Cannot see enough of the bottle.

1 Like

I’m guessing given the arsenic, and others, its probably not food grade…
I use 100% vegetable glycerin… Some “Africare” brand my girlfriend bought on Drugstore.com to use in making some deodorant with essential oils, but never did, and I needed to cut my 18mg crap for my subohm so I used some, says 100% on it, no other ingredients listed, in the description says “kosher, no animal fat, this vegetarian formula is safe for everyday use. Massage on skin and hair, or mix with drops of your favorite fragrances” it tastes decent, too, so even though my juice is a bit “watered down” of flavor, it gave it a nice sweetness to make up for it… :slight_smile: might even stick to that brand since she does regular orders there often, shipping wouldn’t be an issue. Little pricey stuff tho, around $8 or $9 for 250ml

exactly. I got my 100% food grade, kosher from Wizards…2 hours away. Easy Peezy… I can only imagine the troubles he is having trying to locally source anything like food grade VG. Trying to think of a way Aalmo can have an easier time, but I am coming up empty on ideas. If it wasn’t illegal there, it might be easier ways to obtain things, but that fact combines with other regional factors to make vaping one hell of a challenge, I am betting it is anyway.

MSDS papers list anything that can be a “potential” issue under the most severe application

pull up a MSDS for table salt and see what that lists… :slight_smile:

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9924972

and as far as the “impurities” percentages, that the maximum amount allowed in the mix… so if there are any in there it will most likely be less than what is listed…

Your math is a bit off. For a 250 ml bottle with 15% flavoring is a maximum of 0.0002125 ml arsenic (and the same amount of chloride). Though the numbers on the bottle are maximum limits.

In fact a limit on Cl (chloride) of 0.0001% is actually less than what is required for being USP (0.001%).

USP can have up to 1% other stuff in it… If you’re interested in the limits of different things check this link out:

http://www.usp.org/usp-nf/official-text/accelerated-revision-process/accelerated-revision-history/glycerin-monograph

I’m sure there is a full requirements list in there somewhere :slight_smile:

Actually I’m pretty sure that there is no such thing as 100% (not 99.99% but 100%) pure VG…

yes. and furthremore, the walmart glycerine from the humco everyone seems to use is only 95.5% as well.
once again, do we know what that other .5 % is?

at least on my bottle it lists it.

and what daath said about USP.

i am gonna go for it using mine. if i die then so be it :slight_smile:

furthermore, a pharmacist talks about glycerin here: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2ddyqr/psa_glycerine_is_glycerine_you_are_being_scammed/

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too worried :slight_smile:

I think a big part of the .5% would be water :slight_smile:

no clue. but they do list 2.0% as water. heres the pdf for the bottle. they did a good job about listing all details about it

http://www.cdhfinechemical.com/images/product/specs/537055.pdf

That’s a bit weird! How is it 99.5% Glycerol when there is 2% water in it?

I just had to look up what “AR” means - it’s “Analytical Grade”…

Idk but my bottle says %100 in big font right on the front label… In the ingredients; only glycerin. No arsenic or chloride etc… Also I was aware my math was wrong, I said so in the same post. I was just making the point it Does say arsenic, which is one of the most poisonous substances, to us living beings, you could possibly put in a fluid you intend to vape… I’ll stick to non arsenic vape. Especially since governmental regulations don’t nessecarily do what is “safe”, but more what makes them money, anyway.

pic please.

Africare Glycerin

interesting. how does it vape? :slight_smile:

anyways. watch this if you’re interested: How to make Glycerine (Glycerol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWe0Af_0hg

I would not trust that further than I could throw it :wink: That stuff is meant for hair and skin, not consumption - Fairly sure it’s not 100% glycerin - I’m sure it’s fairly pure, but I highly doubt it’s 100% pure. Hell, on their website it says, “Warning: For External Use Only”…

That is because it is marketed in stores as a skin care product, not taste tested for flavorings. If they marketed it as a vape ingredient, like they do on vape specialty sites, they wouldn’t be allowed to sell in places like walgreens or walmart etc… they would be killing their own business by forcing online only sales. It also says “Kosher” and “vegetable formula safe for daily use”, right on it, which means it is fine.

I also found this post on another forum about it:

"I sent them a message on their website (Cococare) and got a call back this afternoon. The voicemail from them says “It is USP and it is vegetable based.”

Not sure why they wouldn’t put it on the label, but there ya go. Just thought I’d add to the thread since it came up near the top when I was Googling to see if it was safe to use."

comment #7, Africare USP?

Also FYI, Arsenic is considered addictive.

Well, here is the official email response I just got from Cococare about my Africare 100% VG;