WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

That sucks.
I’ve got 3 of them within 5 miles or so.
Maybe a business opportunity awaits if you open one.

5 Likes

I went out to water my tiny garden today and my radishes are ready to harvest, super big smile despite the “feels like” 107*F heat.

7 Likes

I feel your pain with the heat.
I was down in Alloy WV at an old abandoned steel mill used for warehouses. Was 98 but the humidity was killer.
Those people have to work inside those hot as hell steel buildings, I don’t know how they do it.
I was only in there 10 minutes strapping the load down and I was soaked.
Walked back to the truck and water was dripping off the windows because I had the A/C cranked.

6 Likes

Humidity is a killer, fortunately it is around 40% here today. Ima ginger, a pale ginger. I prefer winter, which i call ginger summer, and temps no higher than 75F. I walked down to get the mail and smell a lilac bush and was sweating in the 5 minutes it took.

I used to build houses and loved it except for the heat.

5 Likes

Got a bumper crop of bunnies this year, not sure what’s the big attraction with my new deck but I have to sweep it off daily, maybe I need to put out a bunny liter box :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

8 Likes

Problem solved :rofl:

5 Likes

So i am stuck using tiny raised beds so my harvests are gonna be small but here is todays:

Ive never had long radishes so i bought seeds for them.

8 Likes

Nature has solved the rabbit overpopulation problem around here. The coyotes have moved in and turned the rabbit to a non existent creature.

6 Likes

Coolio. Never seen those before.

5 Likes

Wait till the mountain lions move in and take care of the coyotes.

6 Likes

I hadnt either so i grabbed a pack to give them a go. Not quite as dense as the regular round varieties. Got me some multi colored carrots too.

4 Likes

How’s the taste? Love me some radish, but man oh man, the heartburn!

4 Likes

Hehe, same here. These seem a bit more mild and less starchy. Same general texture just less dense. 30 days from planting to harvest, well 35.

4 Likes

The Avalanche are in for the Cup! GO AVS!!!

6 Likes

@Ken_O_Where Those look darned tasty. Love radishes in salads and also just eat them plain. Congrats !!

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer Just got the 12 inch Crixus.
What a great knife/cleaver

7 Likes

I think if that doesn’t work @Pastorfuzz, I don’t know what will. Very nice.

2 Likes

I tried it out on filleting some boneless chicken breasts.
Not what it’s meant for but it worked excellent.
Should come with a refill for the First Aid kit though.

3 Likes

Well for some reason, I think that ^^^^^ is one of the strongest endorsements you could get, or make IMO.

3 Likes