WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

I’m not sure if this makes me smile or terrifies me. An old friend offered to pay me for surf lessons. I didn’t think I’d be surfing again and now I need to double check my knees, lol. Hey, I don’t want money, the fun of it is plenty rewarding and I suppose I can call out my instructions on a bullhorn :rofl: Seriously, the thought kind of warms my heart and maybe it will be fun to get back in the water again after all these years. Wish me luck!
Surf Fail GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

Go for it. Doing young things keeps you young. Wear a brace, lol.

6 Likes

This was yesterday, but in the morning I went for coffee then to a nearby park for a walk. Lots of folks walk their dogs. After about 10 minutes I came up on a woman in her 60’s with a dog. I said something to her and she replied. We then walked together for the next 25 minutes just having a great chat. She’s originally from NJ and I’m from Boston so there’s a connection there (we’re in Georgia). We split up and said, see you again. It’s a great way to start the day. I have absolutely no fear of people and I talk to strangers all the time. More of us should do that, it helps build a better community.

10 Likes

You know what they say:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Or maybe, James is from another universe where sobriety is frowned upon.
It could happen.

4 Likes

We’ve been feeding a momma raccoon only over winters for about 5 years. Last night she brought her 4 babies for a feed and a visit. When they’re a bit bigger she’ll introduce them to the Mulberry tree out front.
momma raccoon and 4 babies
A baby held up her paw to my daughter’s palm. Our attack cat was glad that pane of glass was protecting her :rofl:

11 Likes

When my new puppy jump starts the Roomba then does a full on run around the room playing with it. Rat Terriers can run up to 27mph. She’s fast and amusing. And my floors have never been cleaner…

9 Likes

I have a mulberry tree out back and one day a momma racoon led her brood up into it. Then she climbed down and got into our birdbath (it was a hot day). One of the youngsters tried to do the same but couldn’t make it up. It was comical watching it try though. My vet said that cats and racoons have a mutual respect and my own cat watched from afar. That’s HIS birdbath, lol.

Great photos, big vape!

6 Likes

We’ll fill that big white bowl with water all summer. Momma drank a bit but the kids loved playing in it. We won’t feed them anymore so they don’t become dependant. I’m no big animal lover but she’s so weak after hibernating and feeding the young ones, it’s only humane to help her till we see the young’uns. In past years we’ll see them all along the top of the fence exploring the 'hood

6 Likes

Not sure if any bars still do this, but in the 80’s there were bars that would give you free drinks for your AA chip. As a person in recovery, I always thought that sucked.

3 Likes

I’m thrilled that the Avs won the Stanley Cup last night. I had picked them in 6. I knew the Lightning wouldn’t go down easy. This year I feel that the two best teams were in the finals and believe the Avs were truly the best hockey team this year. Smiling BIG !! :smile:

6 Likes

I’m an animal lover myself but I won’t make a habit of constantly feeding wildlife and making them too dependent or trusting of humans. Not all humans are humane toward animals and just as soon shoot, trap or poison them rather than enjoy their company. I understand not wanting them to eat your garden but there are ways to keep them out. A Maine farmer told me how to get racoons out of my shed without calling pest control and trapping them. It’s so simple and easy and they probably won’t return because they are always moving on anyway.

5 Likes

Anyone who contributes to breaking someone’s sobriety is despicable, imo. Especially when it’s for the purpose of business and making money.

6 Likes

@Cary1 what that ^^^^ a real thing ?? If so, that is pretty @#$#%$^$%'d up.

5 Likes

My 17 yo son, just now. He’s 6’3 and has Asperger’s. He’s always been a bit awkward because of it but he tries so hard. I’m sitting outside his boxing club, an old school, hard ass, work them til they drop club. He’s been at it for a year now and both him and his brother are in great shape, strong and they can box.

When they arrive,y boys always run up the street. In total it’s half a mile. At the end of each session they send the whole lot of them to run and with 30+ boys and men there’s always some competition. Now, this club is almost all black guys, maybe 2-3 white guys, 2 Hispanic guys and that’s it. My kids are 1/8 black, btw. Tonight they came thundering out as they always do and my son was at the front. He then out ran the entire pack by 30 yards. Half the guys were walking as they were gassed.

That was impressive and his determination is epic. I’m so very proud of him.

13 Likes

Great story @natbone.

5 Likes

Yep, it was a real thing. And it is pretty sh*tty. Kind of like knowing that someone has a life threatening peanut allergy and someone who knows then offers them peanuts.

2 Likes

I had 3 friends growing up, one of them was pretty allergic to peanuts…

So to fuck with him we’d chase him around and throw peanuts at him.

3 Likes

Tuesday night another girl was born to the family. My oldest daughter gave birth to Mave. 6 pounds 10 ounces. Have had my other 3 granddaughters since Monday. Can’t say it hasn’t been fun but it’s Shure feels good to send them home today. Not enough energy to keep up with them.

Mom and kids. The silver haired one is the boss Debbie.

16 Likes

Congrats man! Your news has made me smile. Hope she’s healthy and grows up happy.

4 Likes

Youth is wasted on the young. It’s been a wearing 2 week period.
Replaced a hip a week ago Monday. Almost back to walking without assistance.

5 Likes