WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

4 Likes

Pearled up the lawn with the extra I had on hand today. My neighbors HATE ME! :laughing:

7 Likes

LOL you got a striper ?

3 Likes

I am a complete goofball when it comes to my lawnā€¦ Lawn Stryper

Well worth the $$ IMHO.

3 Likes

The fact that I can take pics like this of the moon, with a Cell phone ā€¦

13 Likes

One day weā€™ll go to the moon, but not nowā€¦ We donā€™t have the technology

3 Likes

I was out last night and tried it with my old iphone 6S but way too grainy. I was checking it out with binoculars too. The bright object to the left of the moon is Jupiter. Even with just binoculars, you can see some of Jupiterā€™s moons. The trick is finding a way to stabilize the binoculars.

4 Likes

Just registered for my second photography class which is next week. The first one brought back some fond memories from my 35mm days. I am just learning how to use my new digital camera (a Panasonic Lumix FZ2500). Digital is a whole new world, so there is a lot of learning to do. Gotta say the camera takes fantastic pics, but the photographer is feeling WAY out of practice.

Also smiling because I am almost fully retiring as of next Friday. I have been working part-time for the past year and a half. Now I will only be working about 10 hours a month for the agency I work for doing Individual and Group Supervisions for a team of 4 Peer Support Professionals and a few panels and Supervisor trainings a few times a year. Gonna try to set the Supervisions up so I only will work a few hours a few days a month.

6 Likes

Do it even if youā€™re doing it gratuitous. It keeps your mind busy and makes you feel better about yourself. Being retired with nothing to do isnā€™t all itā€™s cracked up to be.

5 Likes

Iā€™m still willing to give 'er a shot! :laughing:

5 Likes

Itā€™s done wonders for my mental health.

2 Likes

Been retired for 6 years. Without being out with the dog and yard work I would be lost.

5 Likes

I did it for 1.5 years and hated it, so I went and got a job and Iā€™m happy to go to work everyday.

6 Likes

Saw a bumper sticker today that read,

As long as weā€™re redefining everything, this

Is a cordless hole puncher.

Fucking brilliant!

7 Likes
2 Likes

I donā€™t need the money and the house is paid for. donā€™t want the responsibility of having to show up and not be appreciated. I go to my neighbors church and work the food lines occasionally. Sometimes pack boxes of food that the church gives away.

8 Likes

I get that, Iā€™m in the same position. I started working on weekends for my father when I was 8, worked through high school and all of my college years. I always thought Iā€™d enjoy not working, and I do to a small degree, but not enough to not do it. One thing I discovered is that my hobbies arenā€™t as enjoyable when I have plenty of time to do them.

7 Likes

Not working sucks, much the sameā€¦ Started working at 14 all the way until late 20s and started getting sick with random things, so Iā€™ve worked here or there but havenā€™t been able to put in a good effort for 10 years nowā€¦ Loved working, when I did I usually wouldnā€™t leave and moved up the ladder a lotā€¦

I think itā€™s also the social aspect as well, you get to be around other people in person and accomplish things, have goals and something youā€™re working together. It was fun.

5 Likes

:tada: Enjoy your retirement :tada:

5 Likes

@Cary1, sorry somehow I MISSED this ^^^^.

Congrats !!!

2 Likes