WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

What a sweet image :heart:

5 Likes

Yes, I dropped mine with the atty on it and the 510 plate came up a bit. I was able to bang it back down with a rubber mallet but that didn’t fix the atomizer error reading.

5 Likes

Found out that I no longer have the anti-theft wheel key to my Toyo Avalon. Truly bummed. Looked on line and with the VIN, I could order one for $49 and was fine with that. Then I called a local Toyo dealer and asked about it. Their parts person said drive the car over and they will find the one that matches (there about 20 different ones). Went there, they matched it. I expected to pay more than $50 (the internet price) because it is a dealer and was shocked that it was only $25. I drove away smiling BIG. :grin:

5 Likes

Thx, yes, I’m stilling using the first ones too. It’s just a comfortable hand fit for me. I do have plastic protector discs I could use but I don’t understand how that could be a solution at this point, idk. What do you mean by it helps?

4 Likes

The Broody Chook has chicks!
Two so far…

10 Likes

Beautiful bird

2 Likes

Could have broke a wire loose. I remember the Reuleaux RX2/3 had a thin little wire that would break loose if you dropped it. That was a pain in the butt to fix and I remember fixing two of them before I started telling people it would cheaper to buy a new one than to pay me to fix a broken one.

5 Likes

Keeps you from screwing the atty too tight. The atty with the stock coils had a more than usual protruding pin.

4 Likes

That was the mod that made buy the higher end stuff. The positive wire on top of both rx mods would come loose and after 3 4 times each of resoldering I had enough

3 Likes

that sounds about right

2 Likes

:hatched_chick: Five chicks total! :hatching_chick:

12 Likes

Chicken Nuggets

4 Likes

I got the job and with my first pay cheque I’m going to send this guy some money to buy Audio Equipment and Video Editing Program.

https://youtu.be/JZVR5my-TRc

9 Likes

Congratulations on getting the new job @Joel :trophy:
And thank you for supporting underprivileged children. Every dollar means the world to them.

5 Likes

It’s 4 dollars more an hour than the job I wasn’t able to do physically… Plus this company has a $2k spending account for healthcare a year, so I’ll get my meds covered and be able to pocket the remainder every year.

9 Likes
2 Likes

I got this: :partying_face:

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 19.31.48

Extra money for the poor to help with the rising energy prices.
I already got 800 this year. I also get 190 euro reduction on my energy bill this month and next month.
I pay 100 a month, so I’m up 90 and don’t pay the bill. :partying_face:

I payed 100 a month last year and got over 700 back at the end. (We pay an average amount a month and you get an end bill every year.)

My contract expired at the end of June 2020. I didn’t really see anything positive in the future, so I got a 3 year contract with a fixed price.
So I’m good until the end of June 2023.

I will probably get around 700 back again when the end bill is calculated.
Never had a crisis that was so lucrative :grin:

6 Likes

Nice, yeah there’s provincial kick backs but stuff is already expensive and has continued to get worse… Single Steak here is around 24-34 dollars… 3 pack of peppers is 7 dollars… Romaine is 3 dollars a head… If you only get paid 1600 a month, almost 1200 goes to rent (for me) and the rest goes to bills… I have family support but other people don’t and with rents and food increasing it’s weird our government hasn’t been increasing Disability amounts, instead as per suggestion from the Liberal Government, it was froze during the pandemic.

5 Likes

That sucks. We have housing projects for people with low incomes and/or disabilities. They are harder and harder to find, but still.

I don’t get 1600 a month, probably around 1100 in disability benefits.
My rent is fairly low, because I’ve been living in the same house for 20 years.
I pay 488 euro a month and get over 200 in subsidies from the government to help with the rent.
So basically paradise compared to your situation.

Sure the food prices are rising fast. Got dog food in the house for about a year, cat and birds are provided for.
That’s my biggest worry, I’ve got plenty of non perishable foodstuff in the house for myself.

Still got meat in the freezer and I could go without, or catch a pigeon, we’ve got loads of those :woman_shrugging:

I get a little extra from another pot for the disabled to help pay for extra energy you might need and such.
That amount has been the same for over 10 years.

Still, as I said, I cannot complain right now.
One of the advantages of looking back on a pretty shitty life, is that things are not likely to get a lot worse than they’ve already been.

I’m sure I can handle it :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, not a big deal… I made a lot of money doing Wellhead stuff here, but it’s just too physical… Fortunately the guy loved my experience as over the years I’ve done everything from the “weak mind strong back” stuff, to management and now I’ll be doing Sales… A new challenge but looking forward to not having to be in coveralls all day

7 Likes