WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

WOW @natbone !!!

4 Likes
1 Like

The UK Government finally gearing up to add mods as a Nicotine Replacement Therapy on the NHS. It’ll make basic devices free for those on low incomes.

7 Likes

Not sci-fi but he looks like a “Mango” to me lol. He’s a cutie too and you can almost tell he’s full of “piss and vinegar” ( yes I am THAT old to remember that old saying)

4 Likes

That I DIDN’T put a Tonneau cover on my truck.

4 Likes

And a free vape floating at the end.

4 Likes

You can’t be that old for remembering that term, 'cause I remember that term. :wink:

And piss and vinegar doesn’t describe him. I caught him in an unusually active moment. While he likes to play with toys (he gives this dangling Pom-Pom thing hell) he doesn’t run around much like a typical chaotic kitten. He takes languorous naps, then comes to me by dragging his body along the ground. He’s kinda low energy. :slightly_smiling_face:

My older cat is afraid of him, and won’t walk past him to eat, so I’m having to put the kitten in the cat carrier just so Talyn (the Tuxedo) can eat and use the litter box. The kitten falls asleep w/in minutes.

I considered “Mango,” tbh, but right now I’m leaning toward (baby) Groot. He’s supposed to be half Maine Coon, and judging by the size of his paws, he’s gonna be a big fella. A big, not altogether bright fella that’s gonna need the guidance of someone smarter to help him along. My Tuxedo cat is very smart, except when it comes to being afraid of kittens. :laughing:

3 Likes

I agree on not being old @Deb50 has more hair than most of us.

4 Likes

Groot, well then, I think you found your name for him. I like that. Now you mean the Groot from the Marvel Comics yes? Perfect.

I took in a feral a little over a year ago now I guess, and he has turned into a fat lazy cuddle cat. From the vicious skrawny thing that took months before I could get close enough to even start talking to him to this…When it’s “his” attention time, I can’t work on anything on my desk. he just flops down across it. I love him. He has gotten pretty good with hubby now but not other strangers and he’s fine with the other animals in the house now. Took a long time and quite a bit of vet care to get him where he is. This is William.

all my rescues. Danny (orange Tabby ) Meko, (my baby half munchkin) and William (possibly some Bombay I think ) They all like sleeping on my legs. I can’t move at night :slight_smile:

and one last one of Mr. Big Fluff Butt lol

The unwanted and unloved always seem to find their way to me, and I don’t have the heart to turn them away.

12 Likes

Wow, William is a big-looking kitty. Those cats know a nice warm bed when they lay on one. That’s why they’ve got you pinned down. :heart_decoration:

I suppose “feral” is an inaccurate term for little Groot. (and yes, from the comics) He and his littermates were left to run wild, and while they don’t like being picked up, they’re not at all skittish around people. He’s extremely loving, and he loves having visitors pet him.

Talyn is 5 years old and still runs and hides under the bed when people come over. He can open doors and cupboards and gets into all manner of mischief w/ those paws of his, but he is not a brave kitty.

5 Likes

I’m the same way with stray dogs. I take them to see if they’re chipped, walk them around the neighborhood, put up flyers etc, but they usually end up as permanent refugees in my house.

7 Likes

The last one reminds me of my mental Bengal. I think it’s the glint in the eye which indicates a hunter.

3 Likes

That is a GREAT clan you’ve got there @Deb50 and thank you for saving them. Every one we save, or rescue, is one less that we have to. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Having a peaceful break in the park.

10 Likes

Walking back from my daily park break, the outbound part involved a random serendipitous wizard chat, to have a welcome surprise: Glorious George, my favourite fat squirrel, ran at me and sat on my shoe for a chat. Sadly a group of school kids screamed in excitement, and obviously gave us both a shocking earache, before I could memorialise the moment with a photo.

2 Likes

And, a lake update. I might as well add them here as I get requests for daily park updates from others during autumn/winter.

The afternoon winter light really affects the contrast.

(All taken on my Huawei without any editing or setting changes.)

5 Likes

Is that a natural lake?

Partially natural with later additions. It is Sefton Park in Liverpool. I’d have to check the 18thc changes, as from memory, it became the Earl of Sefton’s deer park in the late 16th.

Or, as I call it, my temporary back garden. As, due to Covid, I am lacking one for now.

2 Likes

Female, Marine, Immigrant, WINNING !!!

6 Likes

Marine vs. Joy Reid, hehe …

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/03/winsome_sears_i_wish_joy_reid_would_invite_me_on_her_show_to_talk_about_white_supremacy.html

4 Likes