What i have found to be so much fun to watch here

Do NOT give me any alcohol or I’ll get all weepy and huggy and stuff. I love you man!

Seriously, you all (and others on ELR) have done more for me than any pill, hypnosis or ass-kicking could ever do in getting me healthier. You’ve done it with laughs and caring and the strongest sense of community than I have ever experienced on the internet or out of it.

10 Likes

I haven’t been here that long, or for that matter vaping a year yet, but I already love this place and check in daily. Making juice has become a huge hobby for me and taken my mind off health related issues that came from smoking. Getting to know you guys has been incredible :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I wan’t to thank Lars as well, for creating ELR.Also, I was an admin on forum, and it’s a lot of work.I’d also like to thank the members of the forum as well. As we help others, we help ourselves.:+1:

7 Likes

I second all the positive comments. This site has totally helped me and is probably only 1 of 2 Internet forums I will ever use…that’s Internet as a whole…no fb/Instagram/snapchat/blah blah.

Seriously I enjoy checking in daily and try to help other newer folks or atleast say something funny’ish.

7 Likes

Unrelated to the topic, but based on the quote you should like this vid. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The good ole days!! Remember when you were 8 hours into a 9 hour download and someone would pick up one of the other phone extensions? I’d be all like “WHO THE F%@% #$%#$% #$$@$…”

It’s so much more peaceful here. :wink:

4 Likes

I still love that sound.

ROFL! I remember that well. Pretty sure that could of obscenities still hovers over that plot of land. I still visit a few BBS boards but of course they are all IP based, telnet, as i let go of my land line when i shut down my Gopher hole two years ago.

I can still remember the command strings for my Hayes modems but cant remember most of last week…

3 Likes

It was especially gratifying after an hour of busy tones… I need to get my turns in on Tradewars and LotRD, come on!

2 Likes

I loved to play Lemonade Stand and Dope Wars, my favorite door games. I used to play a LOT of Duke3d online and we modemTOmodem a lot back then for better latency. I believe that handshake will be the last sound i hear in my head before i move on to the next adventure.

1 Like

I’ve been DIYing for a couple years now. If you can call it that… Throw some stuff in a bottle and try to make it vapable. A few months ago I discovered ELR. WOW! Look at all these recipes! Then I saw the little “forum” button… A forum? What a wealth of information! And people are nice here! You guys have taken my mixing to a whole new level… I actually have friends that buy my juice now. several friends, and they share with their friends. Awesome! Because it pays for all my supplies and it’s just so gratifying to be able to mix something up that someone is willing to actually pay for. I belong to a couple other forums but this one, well this one is special. I made a donation here, I have NEVER done that, but will do so again because that’s how grateful I am to have found this place and all you helpful, friendly people. So a huge thank you to Lars and to everyone here… I feel part of the family and am so grateful😊

13 Likes

How nice Kimber. What a testimony.

Now, you guys taking that trip down modulator-demodulator lane. I don’t share the same sense of nostalgia you guys do. I HATED every moment of dial up. Fortunately for me I wasn’t on it long before I got DSL. Holy moly, cooking with gas now! I’m what, 1.5MB…fast as a herd of turtles. Then I got onto cable and DAYUM, 10MB!!! Pages load so fast! Streaming music is so great! Then I got 36MB speed and Kablooey! As soon as I can get that 300MB optic fiber that’s next. Hell I guess my browser will then display pages before I even touch my mouse.

4 Likes

I was a beta tester for cable in my town, it was awesome! I would love to dial into a 300baud BBS again, just for old times sake. Im not a huge fan of the commercialized web but there really isnt a viable alternative.

2 Likes

Yikes! My first modem was 2400 baud. Seemed like you could almost read as fast as the text came in at that speed. Maybe I’m thinking of dialing into a BBS that had a max 1200 connection tho? The memories are fuzzy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of insane to think in those terms now tho - a decent cable modem is like 10000000 baud. Geeze, that’s a lot of zeroes!

1 Like

Sure, any time ya got a couple hours to kill…lol. My first modem was a 300 baud. Yuck !!!

2 Likes

That’s where I started too. And it was a HUGE commercial unit with a hardwired telephone on top, not even a coupler. My brother-in-law got it as a use from home unit while he was working for AT&T. It was the best there was available for them to use at the time too. Consumer stuff was barely even available.

Now back on topic…

What I find most fun to watch are: the tangents we can go on. :wink:

5 Likes

looks as though a great number of us can honestly say we were around before the internet!?!?

3 Likes

Looks like it, when i was a kid we got 3 channels on TV where i lived. I spent most of my free time hunting and fishing. Now i bring a tablet with me when i fish…

3 Likes

We only had one channel for the longest time :stuck_out_tongue: But then again, it was in Greenland :smiley: hehe

3 Likes

I still carry around my 300 baud modem. Just can’t get into this new fangled stuff…lol

2 Likes

Are you familiar with any Iceland blues performers?