What is Goin On Here? Same Recipe, Same Batch, Different Color

I gotta nice little chuckle outta dis…:slight_smile:

1 Like

180 mg/ml?!

2 Likes

DOH! No, I’m stupid, I will fix it. 18mg/ml. Weak sauce. I vape about 30ml a year of 3-4% nic, so I figure why keep the hardcore stuff around. I had NN mix me up a batch.

1 Like

Ok, I’m no longer worried :smiley: hehe I use 52 mg/ml myself - I’m considering going to 72mg/ml just for storage purposes (I need to stock up soon, as the EU TPD comes into effect in Denmark - then it’s all max 20 mg/ml in max 10ml bottles)…

So, from which vendor do you purchase your nicotine?

I usually purchase it at pink-mule.com :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

My nic was sourced from Heartland Vapes. And like I said, the rest of the bottles turned out just fine. My only thought is the nic was added first. If it somehow didn’t get mixed up being in the bottom, and it poured into the last bottle maybe that was it? I am leaning more toward the oxidation theory myself. Somehow the bubbles, the light, etc all played a factor in it.

I appreciate the offer TRW. But I will buy a kit and see what I get out of this bottle. I need to get one anyway. I just have never thought about it too much until this mix. So I really do need to get something. I have a Wizard Labs order going right now. I will toss a kit in there.

I order and store my nic at 100mg because of the Indiana law passing soon. I may not be able to buy nic any more, and storing higher strength nic for long periods is preferred. I don’t have a problem at all mixing with it even mixing at 3mg. And have had no other problems, especially now that I have my hotplate magnetic stirrer.

This sounds more likely to me than oxidation. Reading everything you’ve described to this point my thought is you’ll find those darker liquids will have most of your nic in them.

When I first started frothing my mixes I also put the nic in first. Then I started mixing in larger glass - usually no more than 80ml at a time. But my makeshift frother doesn’t quite reach the bottom so I figured if anything was going to not mix perfectly, better it’s not the nic. So now that goes last.

I tend to agree. And the suggestion to add nic last is a good one when you’re working with the concentrated stuff! But even so, would @LordVapor call a bottle of 6mg (assuming all of the nic went into only one bottle) “completely unvapable”? If not then I’m at a loss.

I made 150ml of that recipe. I only showed two bottles. But there are more. So yeah, the nic content if all went into one bottle would be like 45.3mg. But I know all the nic didn’t go into that bottle. I was pretty anal with that hobby stirrer. So for it to not be mixed up really would be strange.