What is the Best Pumpkin Spice Flavor?

Yeah, I realized after I made it I might have the pumpkin spice too high. I am going to drop it down on the next bottle.

1 Like

@tbt127 Thank you for the recipe!
I will make a batch and set it aside to steep.
One year we did not have condensed milk and used egg nog in the pumpkin pies, they were real good that way too.
I havenā€™t tried any condensed milk/egg nog flavors either, so will have to check them out just as soon as I recover from the last order,lol.

@JoJo - you should try that Mayflower Clone. The TFA Pumpkin Spice turned out better than the Capella did so far. You may want to drop the FLV Rich Cinnamon down if you donā€™t like a lot of cinnamon, depending on how you normally use it. Man that stuff packs a lot of flavor. But at .2% I really like it a lot. Let me know what you think. And I plan to make @SunnyTā€™s original recipe as well. I bet itā€™s really good too.

1 Like

I donā€™t have TPA pumpkin spice, only Capā€™s. And Capā€™s lives next to my espresso machine since it ruined everything Iā€™ve ever made with it. Iā€™m kinda scared to try it again. Iā€™m bookmarking that recipe though, so donā€™t go and delete it without telling me. :wink: My biggest thing is that everything ā€˜pumpkin spiceā€™ seems to just be the spice without the pumpkin flavorā€¦or basically just eggnog. Now that Iā€™ve had a few more months of mixing for real, I think Iā€™m ready to give it another go.

I used Capā€™s Pumpkin Spice in my Twixted Jack recipe (I know, I need to move on LOL). But anyway, at first it tasted like a fresh pumpkin, which is really kinda nasty. But after it steeped a few days it really isnā€™t too bad. The pumpkin flavor mellowed out and it is more pumpkin pie-ish now. I will definitely use this one again and again. Maybe in combination with TFAā€™s. But I did add some FLV Rich Cinnamon to the mix which spiced it up a bit.

I really believe both Capā€™s and TFAā€™s need a custard to go along with them and @SunnyT kinda proved that to me. Or the evaporated milk mentioned above may work well. The pumpkin spice flavors seem to lack the creaminess. So I really think you need to pretend you are making a pumpkin pie if that is the flavor you are after. The crust, the whipped cream, cinnamon, the condensed milk or custard, etc. It all needs to be there to pull it off. A single mix of either of these pumpkin spice flavors would be terrible.

I have been chasing a pumpkin pie flavor for a few weeks now, and I think I have exactly what I was after in my sights. So dig out grandmaā€™s recipe book and make a pumpkin pie :wink:

2 Likes

I mixed up a batch, and it tastes great. Gonna let it sit in the cupboard for a week or two.

I used Hangsen ā€œpie spiceā€, which as a standalone flavor, tastes and has that back of the throat feel just like cooked pumpkin pie filling out of the can.
Havenā€™t tried any other brands but IMO this hangsen flavor is spot on!
Im still going to play around with condensed milk flavor just to see if I can get that home-made pumpkin pie filling taste I remember from childhood.
Im pretty sure Grandma and Mom used the condensed milk to add body and sweetness to a pie filling made from scratch. So this is likely a personal preference!

I only have one Hangsen flavor and it is Green Dew. I havenā€™t even broken the seal on it and I bought it a month ago. Let me know how that turns out!

1 Like

Well my hangsen batch was pretty good after sitting one week, but had a slight perfume taste in the nose. So slight I am not sure it was a bad thing. Over all pretty tasty.
Was going to give it another go today, couldnā€™t find it. Long story short, wife says it was delicious! :expressionless:

Im going to mix another batch.
Love to hear about the Dew flavor sometime!

@LordVapor
So it turns out I had shoved a 15 ml bottle of that initial batch of pumpkin pie mix in my overnight bag with my dripper.

It is great! There is still a slight pumpkin nose to it which is just right IMHO. I did make another batch 6 days ago when I thought my wife had vaped the test batch, and chose to go with 3.% rather than 2.5% Hangsen pumpkin spice and so far I really like it!
Although Hangsen is known for having good tobacco flavors, every non-tobaco Hangsen flavor ( Watermellon, Menthol Smooth, Juicy Peach, Pumpkin Spice,Ginger Bread, Caramel Toffee) I have tried so far has been fantastic!
In fact the Caramel Toffee was my ADV for several weeks and is the only true stand alone caramel flavor I have found, it actually Tastes like caramel, and not burnt brown sugar or some weird cream mixture with funky spices that donā€™t belong there!

Condensed milk, malted milk, oak milkā€¦ will be here Wed and I cant wait to fiddle around with this Pumpkin pie a little more.
If you have anything to share Im all ears! Happy holidays!

TOCā€™s Southern Pumpkin Pie :

3% Apple Pie (CAP)
2% Brown Sugar Extra (TPA)
1% Caramel (FA)
2% Catalan Cream (FA)
2% Cookie (FA)
2% Custard (FA)
1% Marshmallow (FA)
0.25% Milk Condensed (FA)
2% Pumpkin (LA)
0.1% Sucralose

Flavor total: 15.35%

Throwing this together today and itā€™s really my last shot at pumpkin pieā€¦ I mean it this time. Every mix Iā€™ve tried to create has been pure crap on pumpkin so Iā€™m omitting the Pumpkin pie spice and going to see if Catalyn and custard do the trick LOL UPDATE Pure crap LOL

1 Like

Did you ever try that Pirate Ship recipe I posted? I love it. And so do my friends. Just curious what your thoughts were if you tried it. After steeping it became really rich and delicious.

Pirate Ship

Ingredient %
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 2
Cinnamon Roll (FW) 4
Graham Cracker v1 (CAP) 1
Pumpkin Spice (TPA) 3
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.25
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2.5
Whipped Cream (TPA) 2.5

Flavor total: 16.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

hiya Lord not sure if you were asking meā€¦ but I havenā€™t :frowning: I donā€™t have the FL custard

Yeah, I clicked the wrong reply button. We had discussed a clove flavoring. Did you ever try that?

You like custards, and you donā€™t have FLV custard? Blasphemy I tell ya!!! :smiley:

1 Like

lol I found my custard though hahahah ā€¦ now I rememberā€¦ my brain is a vortex and stuff just goes in and disappears LOL

The only thing Iā€™ve EVER had work for me in Pumpkin was recently found and thatā€™s Flavorah Yam .75% paired it with Eggnog (Flv) 1.50 and it was the best dang Pumpkin with spice Iā€™ve ever tasted (Cinnamon wasnā€™t there which was good for me because I canā€™t vape it, but if you added .25% Cinnamon Ceylon I have to believe youā€™d never find a better combination for pumpkin spice.

1 Like