What is YOUR favorite cotton for rebuildables?

I wanted to start a new thread (hopefully new) on peoples favorite cotton to use when rebuilding.

Starting out rebuilding I was strictly mesh, Wotofo atty’s, the Profile series, so I used their mesh cotton. I also used their 3mm cotton for coil rda’s/rta’s. After 6 months or so I discovered Cotton Bacon Prime. It’s what I’ve been using ever since. I’ve tried others, Coton, Native Wicks, kendo cotton gold, but I always went back to Prime. I felt there was a short break in period when you prime your coils correctly. Kendo I have to go through a tank before I get a nice draw with nice flavor. I recently revisited Kendo and I’m totally impressed with the long lasting flavor after I get over the break-in. I just ordered 5 bags on sale through Coil Clout.

What’s your favorite, and WHY? :smile: Happy Friday!! :tada::tada:

8 Likes

Organic Cotton pads, A pack is/was $7, it has lasted me about 8 years. Organic cotton by any other name is Organic Cotton,

10 Likes

@Lynda_Marie I’m hooked on KGD.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/koh-gen-do-pure-cotton-80-pads?ID=12609411

10 Likes

Carolina blend and Mavaton X from Cottonman.com

6 Likes

I’m using Cotton Bacon Prime about 80% of the time. I like that there’s a short break-in which, for me, is only a couple of hits or so. I’m also using Rayon occasionally but it doesn’t hold up as well in mesh tanks. I have a large bag Japanese organic that I tap into but the break-in for that stuff is considerably longer than CBP.

7 Likes

Koh gen do. Divide em by 8 per sheet and it fit a 3mm coil. Most of the time I didn’t need to thin it. Break time about 3 to 5 ml in my supreme v3.

10 Likes

Cotton Bacon Prime, most of the time… I have tried others, but wanting to finish them to go back to Cotton bacon…

6 Likes

I’ve been using rayon “Sallys” for years now and from time to time Muji. I recently bought some of this stuff & it is good too. Can’t see spending a lot of money on “specialty” cotton, when rayon produces perfectly clean flavor and longevity (at the only expense of being a little more work to use). I don’t use mesh coils, so yeah that’s a thing.

12 Likes

yep this stuff is fine - there is rope now too see below (it’s not branded “Muji” but is organic) https://www.amazon.com/Makeup-Facial-Cotton-Unbleached-180pcs/dp/B00VHA3ZXQ/ref=dp_coos_1?pd_rd_i=B00VHA3ZXQ&psc=1

6 Likes

CB2 …Right now im on the Prime bc i have a bunch and saving my CB2

4 Likes

6 Likes

You get a good amount in Fuzz, but I usually opt for Cloud 9 as I find it seems to last longer… I use single coil 22mm RSAs and a tin of this lasts quite a long time.

5 Likes

Nothing like a little fuzz close to your mouth, eh Joel?

3 Likes

I named my Priest in World Of Warcraft “Pastorbator”

4 Likes

Username checks out

4 Likes

This has been my favorite to date. I have used many other cottons but I still have not tried Cotton Bacon so I cannot compare it.

It says ten pieces per pack. Each piece is ~10mm or more so it’s a good amount.

5 Likes

A few words about my favorite:

7 Likes

Interesting,…looks like a fluffy version of muji?

2 Likes

I need to try Mavaton x. Coil Clout just had a sale and I ordered some Kendo. Next time I’ll grab a bag! Thanks!

2 Likes

CBP is totally my go-to. I order by the box at Fast Tech. It’s hard to get vape stuff in Massachusetts.

2 Likes