What is YOUR favorite cotton for rebuildables?

In your opinion, what’s the biggest difference between v2 and Prime?

3 Likes

I am not 100pct sure what is supposed to be the difference …The CB2 imo has less break in time at least for me …It seems a bit thicker fluffier but it hasnt improved anything

4 Likes

I’ve heard about rayon, but was never sure where to get it or how to wick with it. Mostly curious if I wick the same as cotton. I’ll have to look more into it, thank you!

3 Likes

I could also be stuck on CB2 mentally simce it was the first cotton that i liked and it is the cotton that fi ally git me to switch to wicking my own builds…Every other cotton b4 didnt do it for me

3 Likes

You can get it a little cheaper at cottonman.com and also a bigger amount.
That have many different types of cotton.
Visit the website and read up on their operation.
This stuff is grown in the USA also so that’s why I support them. It’s more expensive than most but it seems to last longer for my use.

3 Likes

It’s much fluffier than Muji, and I still have a huge bag OF Muji. It’s fluffier, and the sheets are bigger, which I’ve grown used to, and have strip cutting down to a science with it.

4 Likes

This is prolly a lifetime supply. Vapes perfectly clean and wicks like no other cotton. It doesn’t expand when wet, conversely it contacts a little. Because of this you wick it a little tighter then cotton and thin out the tails for best capillary action. Rayon is processed wood pulp, it is thoroughly rinsed/cleaned after processing/fabrication. Some people consider it to be a synthetic material but it is basically cellulose made from organic matter (wood pulp). Besides the learning curve in wicking, the nicotine hit and flavor is much enhanced over cotton. The only caveat is that you do not want to dry hit it!

I bought this size box in 2016 (at the time it was $13.99) and have barely made a dent in it. I wick very frequently and use organic cotton maybe 50% of the time and rayon the other 50%. Cotton is quicker to use but not as flavorful -IMO.

9 Likes

I have a large box of that Rayon also.
Enough for a lifetime.
I have a Sally’s a few miles from my house.
I like the Rayon in my Profile RDA’s

8 Likes

I’m using a 3.5mm id clapton in my Rath rda on a Pulse V2 (as I type) with rayon wick & getting amazing saturated flavor. (Also, have a Sally’s nearby - they frequently offer free shipping too)

6 Likes

For cotton I use the organic pads that some people posted above. Other than that I use rayon which has zero break in time. Full, correct flavor right off the bat, however…make sure your fingers are clean before working with it. It picks up on any and all oils, odors. And that’s why it’s good for flavor, it translates quickly. It also has a lower burn resistance. But…it’s not easy to work with like cotton, it takes awhile to master it but worth it, imo. ETA: I use it for testing flavors so I don’t have to wait for the wick to break in.

8 Likes

I’m right where you are on the rayon. I bought a box of it for around $11 years ago around 2016, too. I thought I’d have to bequeath it in my Last Will and Testament :rofl: but I’ve actually made a dent in it finally. One reason is because some of it got wet during a water leak in my closet and I saw mildew around the box. Truth is, they usually use bamboo to make rayon and it’s naturally impervious to mildew and other bacteria. That’s why it makes great cookware and utensils (rice steamers, cutting boards, etc.) Lol, I love my rayon and partially because I’m a cheapskate :rofl:

7 Likes

Zactly, what Muth said!

4 Likes

In my area:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sally's+beauty+san+jose&oq=Sallies+be&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j46i10i199i291i433j0i10l2j46i10i175i199j0i10l4.15936j1j7&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

Cotton? Nah, I want something more sustainable.

3 Likes

Damn, did that come off of Tammy?

4 Likes

You sure as hell don’t want a dry hit on that stuff. Oh great, Joel, the smell of burning hair. So delicious :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Nah she’s clean shaven, she ain’t no pig

3 Likes

Wait one darn minute! I’m a piggy cuz I gots pubic hair? Either way, I just had to go down this rabbit hole…

How to Attach a Merkin (with Pictures) - wikiHow.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Who knew :sunglasses: :pray:

5 Likes