What is YOUR favorite cotton for rebuildables?

Do you have them in Corn Rows so you can fit in at Raggae festivals?

5 Likes

Don’t worry @muth .
Women are more sexy when they’re sportin a little fuzz down there

5 Likes

No but I made one of these…

4 Likes

Rayon (a synthetic fiber/fabric) is made with/by using a lot of chemicals and I would not use it for vaping especially if you burn it. I personally would not want to accidentally inhale burnt rayon.

"Rayon is a synthetic fiber, made from natural sources of regenerated cellulose, such as wood and related agricultural products.[1] It has the same molecular structure as cellulose. It is also called Viscose.[2] Many types and grades of viscose fibers and films exist. Some imitate the feel and texture of natural fibers such as silk, wool, cotton, and linen. The types that resemble silk are often called artificial silk.

The fibre is used to make textiles for clothing and other purposes.[3] Rayon production involves solubilizing cellulose to allow turning the fibers into required form. Three common ways to solubilize are the Cupro process, not in use today, using ammoniacal solutions of copper salts;[4] the Viscose process, the most common today,[5][6] using alkali and carbon sulfide; and the Lyocell process, using amine oxide. The last avoids the neurotoxic carbon sulfide of the viscose process but is also more expensive.[7][8]"

6 Likes

I’m enjoying my lifetime supply of Graham Cellucotton Rayon. No trouble to wick, and sooo flavorful.

I had the small box originally, but long before i could put a dent in it, I left it open during a flea fogging of the room! I did not even try to use it, thankfully. Went to replace it, and my local store only had the giant box, so now I’m really stocked for life… Always remove you vape gear before aerosolized pest control! :joy:

9 Likes

That’s what I always thought. I didn’t know ppl still used it.

3 Likes

WTF??? :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve tried every possible kind of cotton, some are cheap and others were expensive… very expensive!!! Tried them all looking for something better than my lovely cotton bacon V2… but never found!
The only cotton that has zero cotton taste from puff 1, and lasts at least a week. I really love it :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Wajih.

3 Likes

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9617798-pilotvape-organic-cotton-for-rba-atomizer-5-pack

I’ve tried several different cotton’s but still many I have not tried. The Pilot Cloud Cotton has been, and remains my favorite of many years. I’ve made other recommendations for Pilot Cloud Cotton on this forum (Edit: earlier in this same thread :man_facepalming: ) and have never received a yay or nay. I don’t know if anyone else here has tried it :laughing: . Please try it and provide some feedback for my entertainment and so you can at least have some damn good cotton, much cheaper than the Bacon for which I still have not sampled.

Also available in a single pack
https://www.fasttech.com/product/9617797-authentic-pilotvape-organic-cotton-for-rba

6 Likes

Good stuff @JiM210 I’d never heard of that brand before. Thank you.

4 Likes

This stuff is excellent, first time i ordered the 4 pack. After two weeks i grabbed 2X8 packs but im using it for more than wicking.

Very little, if any, break in time and really easy to use.

4 Likes

I started using Kendo Gold on my Rta/RDA’s and wow! I’m hooked. I can easily change flavors in an rta from an empty tank and the new flavor absorbs so fast. I’m between that and CBP.

5 Likes

And Welcome to the forum!!

3 Likes

I have the KG but I didn’t think it was very absorbent… maybe I’ll revisit it again.

4 Likes

I primarily use Cotton Bacon V2, but have tried Kendo Gold (OK) and Bacon Prime (OK). Wasn’t a fan of Cloud 9 and still have some Muji sheets that I will use one day.

5 Likes

For RTA with smaller chamber or RDA with a tight deck, “Fiber Freaks No 2”, It’s actually not a cotton though but cellulose. In difference from cotton it does not swell when wicked. Since the reason for cotton (and other fibrous materials) swelling when wet is due to the liquid “sticking” between the long fibers forcing them to separate. The cellulose have a structure similar to a hive, with microscopic chambers where the juice is capsuled in to and since it’s allready a part of the structure no gain in volume occurs, which ofcourse is really nice when dealing with smaller decks or easily flooded ones. This is really a premium material that have NO break in and NO added flavour. Additionally its the easiest to wick with for sure and if you really end up in an emergency situation and HAVE to change wick but have none; This shit is actually washable if your a bit careful (it’s really tough so no problem when pulling it) as long as you havent had a dry hit because that foul taste won’t even wash out in the middle of a tsunami. You thought dry hitting cotton was horrible? Well, the good news is that now days when I dry hit cotton I’m like “Oh it’s dry” and go about my day. Before I was almost traumatized every time . Compared to dry hitting cellulose it’s a breeze on a spring day. So don’t do that. Fortunately it’s more heat resistant when dry so it doesnt sneak up on you the same way cotton does… When I cant get that OR when I wick bigger decks or 3.5mm-4mm dia coils I use Cotton Bacon Prime.

6 Likes

Sounds like it would work well for MTL decks. I do my coils with a 3mm ID but I know a lot of people use a 2.5mm ID for their builds. You would have to be fairly precise on the actual size for your coils if it doesn’t swell at all I presume. Would not want to much air space between the cellulose and the coil I would think. I will have to have a look around and see if there is a retailer for it here.

6 Likes

You won’t regret it. There’s a slight break in period but it’s fantastic. I’ve used it for everything but, I especially like it in RDAs. You’ll notice that it isn’t super absorbent at first but don’t fret. After it’s it’s wet, there’s nothing to worry about.

I’ve probably tried more cotton/wicking material than most. I don’t know if others notice it, but I can detect flavor differences depending on whatever flavor, and whatever cotton used. Sometimes I prefer this cotton over that for certain liquids. Overall though, Mavaton X is really great.

7 Likes