What juice stopped you smoking?

My issue was the tobacco flavors were triggering. It was a ‘almost, but not quite there, my cigarette is better’ reaction. I had to move to something completely different,

8 Likes

That’s one of the BEST MOMENTS you could ever have @polo.

12 Likes

Beetlejuice, Thug Candy and the elusive White Lotus that got me mixing in the first place (Thanks @Granger, credit goes to them for the clone base, just mixed a batch last week).

10 Likes

I stopped smoking with SmokeTip. It was 11 years ago and I used their Tobacco flavor that I loved. Then they changed their tobacco flavor and forced me to search for one that tasted similar. That took a long time because all other tobacco flavors weren’t good to me. I’m now making my own liquids and everything is just great.

10 Likes

It is, it certainly is! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My nephew gave me a banana flavored disposable and it immediately got me hooked on vaping.

I bought EGO AIO along with tobacco flavored nic and some aromas for DIY mixing. I went from 20-30 cigarettes down to 0-3. Then it got up a bit after I started getting tired of my own inventions and some tobacco flavors which I just did not like. But now I’m settled with first tobacco and few flavors, and haven’t bought cigarettes at all for a bit more than a week. I started vaping 2 months ago.

The biggest eye opener in all this was to realize how big a difference steeping makes. I’m kind of starting over with mixing and have 15 bottles (a bunch of 10ml for new stuff, 5 30ml for stuff I think I will like and 2 100ML for stuff I know I like).

14 Likes

Excellent news @r4ptor_dk - welcome to the forum!

12 Likes

Welcome to ELR @r4ptor_dk.

10 Likes

Stay the course @r4ptor_dk you can do this!

10 Likes

Good stuff @r4ptor_dk congratulations. Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find a lot of information to help you expand your mixing here. :smiley:

10 Likes

9.12.2009 - RY4 and 555 and flue cured tobacco … still vaping them today except for the flue cured. I get my 555 from Northlandvapor, its just like the original flavor minus the dirty wet socks :slight_smile:

10 Likes

9 Likes

VOIPNinja made a clone that was actually pretty damn close, was just missing about a percent of Super Sweet and maybe some more Donut

8 Likes

The funny thing with this one was I was still smoking, I had a Goblin Mini and I don’t know what it was with that little tank but this juice tasted so goddamn good in it. I went from Dual using to just vaping that, but it was like 28 dollars a 30ml at the time, so I cherished every drop of it.

8 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I’m using the site to keep track of mixes I made and what I think of them, my stash and what I have in my bottles - and of cause to look for inspiration. All in all, a very valuable resource :smiley:

12 Likes

Welcome @r4ptor_dk

7 Likes

Dragon’s Blood by ECBlend

I started with an Echo EGO kit (same as a regular EGO kit but with 808 threads). I vaped only at work because my wife was not on board with me using an electronic cigarette. After a week of not smoking a single cigarette at work I let the cat out of the bag. I smoked my last cigarette on February 4, 2011. The wife started vaping a month after me, she had been smoke free since May 2011, and vape free since 2016.

My DIY journey started with Mrs. T’s Bakery. My wife loved her Snickerdoodle Cookie, and Strawberry Shortcake. That’s what she vaped exclusively. I thought I had a fairly good procedure for placing my orders. Order four bottles of each, when the 2nd bottle is finished order 4 more. It worked great, until Mrs. T’s shipping times kept getting longer and longer to the point where she would just take your money and not ship anything. I set out on a mission to find a recipe for both. Luckily for me Str8V8ping had already replicated both and posted the recipes on ECF. Been DIYing since.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing your success story. Outstanding !!

9 Likes

Welcome @r4ptor_dk! so happy that you were able to cut down on smoking.

8 Likes

I started with a penvape with the clearomizers with the fiber ropes. And sweetart juice was my go too. When vaping was so simple lol

8 Likes