What juice stopped you smoking?

You can reduce the percentage due to improvement in today’s equipment.

8 Likes

For my tastes CAP Vanilla Custard Version 1 and INW Custard are the eggiest I have. TPA Vanilla Custard 1 and 2, FA Custard Premium and WF Vanilla Custard (SC) are more buttery and pudding like rather than eggy. FA Custard (not premium) has a lemon note, FA Custard Pi has some spice and sort of a slight hint of crust like a custard tart for some people.

My ADV in one of my RTA’s for the last 3 odd years has been a 10% single flavour mix of CAP Vanilla Custard V1 in a 80VG 20PG 1mg base. Presently, I am using INW Custard at 3% (and just mixed a 3.5%) as a standalone and it has the English baked custard note like my Aunt used to make when I was a kid. No, I am not English and nor were my forebears but we love cooking old English stuff at times.

9 Likes

I guess its my turn to speak up, my son in law vaped and kept asking me to go to the vape shope with him. I’ve had a butt hanging out of my mouth for over 40 years.
Feb, 2014 i walked into a vape shop and walked out with $200. Worth of stuff. Smok mag kit , batteries, charger and some vanilla flavored juice,
Tha vanilla did it for me. Haven’t had a butt in my mouth since, as for what i have now, well my hunt for that good flavor started and the product that would give it,
Supported a reviewer here and there. Thats how I’ve gotten so many pod and aio’s I’ll put up a little list for the newer people. As for diy’ing. Ive been staying with a few other peoples recipes, going to work on getting a game changer to help in the mixing. Rabbit hole not full yet haha, very cool people here, some very scary smart, lol
Well, i guess I could of just said vanilla flavored juice helped me stop the butts. Got a little out of hand

10 Likes

Yeah I can’t stand the smell anymore

6 Likes

No that’s fine glad for you to drop by and read my post and some of the comments on here. Isn’t it strange how people say oh smoke for 40 year or more don’t think I’ll ever stop, we’ll done to you tho my friend… it isn’t easy at all

What aio do you have ?

8 Likes

No kidding, that’s what I used!

9 Likes

What was it? The vape or juice?

7 Likes

I’ll gather some up after while and post some up. Nothing special as I’ve sold, traded alot

7 Likes

I believe it was an ego twist and the juice was sunshine by dotcom vapor. The juice was a orange crush i ce cream. I have never been able to recreate the orange crush flavor.

8 Likes

Sound yummy did it stop you smoking?

6 Likes

I desperately wanted to quit smoking but all I tried until about 2013 didn’t come near to working. I tried everything I could think of apart from hypnosis which was next on the list until vaping was suggested by my wife. A friend of hers had quit and we met up. She gave me a few pointers and the details of a local business to contact.

I bought a ego and some of his juice and after my first vape never smoked again. It was a Joyetech ego with the i16 (from memory) clearomiser and a B&H juice. Unfortunately I didn’t keep a note of the date as I honestly didn’t expect too much success but I was wrong and very pleasantly surprised.

I still prefer tobacco juices to this day but my tastes have expanded considerably.

10 Likes

This is also what kept me away from cigarettes too. That and a few other Johnson Creek juice’s. I was using the “V2” brand cig-alike and refilling the carto’s. The V2’s worked fine for a short time but the automatic draw(pressure switch) would stop working. I exchanged a couple and later bought a version with a button switch. It wasn’t long before I decided there just wasn’t enough battery capacity. I wired in a AAA battery holder and used NiMH rechargeable cells. I tie-wrapped the V2 body against the battery holder making my first mod. That worked great but it wasn’t long before I wanted more juice capacity. I visited a new local vape shop for my first ever Vape shop visit. After they stopped laughing about my setup, one of the guys found an adapter for the “V2” thread type to 510 in his personal gear and gave it to me. I bought a Aspire Nautilus-mini tank and used it with my mod for another year or more. I switched juices to their house “MallBurrough” tobacco flavor. They had to change the name to “American Tobacco” or they just decided it was best. I never felt like going back to cigarettes again, and haven’t. I tried a few other flavors from them, and I liked many but found that I liked them much more if I just added some to the ADV “MallBurrough”. After awhile it occured to me I was essentially mixing my own juice flavor. That’s when I started looking for other DIY juice mixes on the interwebs and I found this forum/calculator and the rest is DIY history.

13 Likes

Sounds like my experience too. I just couldn’t trust the CE4 with it’s plastic, press fit tank. I never knew when juice was going to leak out. After going through two of them in short order, I made the jump. I got an MPV 20 and a Nautilus Mini…lol. That combo served me quite well.

I still have that same combo. I use a mini dripper on the MPV 20 for SFT testing, and the Nauti Mini is still in my rotation. I still think the Nauti Mini is one of the best MTL tanks out there for great, smooth taste. I bought more of the minis, used, on ECF classifieds. I have a small stock up stash of the BVC coils. I have them stashed in case my eyes / hands no longer allow me to rebuild my main tanks. Kayfun Lites, ego One CLR tanks, Doggystyles, and a couple of others get 90% of my use these days, but the Nauti Minis are in the stash, just in case.

10 Likes

That’s amazing never really tryed a tobacco flavour as I always think it will bring back the tast of the cigs

7 Likes

Yes and no. Most tobacco flavors don’t taste like burning leaf. To me tobacco tastes more of the fresh leaf. With additives you can get the smoke taste but it then adds the taste of a campfire.

8 Likes

You should def try Smoky Blue’s tobacco mixes, they are really good. I didn’t think I would want to vape tobacco either but now they are in my daily rotation.

9 Likes

Agreed. Those hoping to find a 1:1 replacement for the combusted tobacco taste they’ve enjoyed for __ years, disappointment awaits you. It just isn’t out there. As @rcleven mentioned, the taste is similar to the aroma from a freshly opened pack of smokes. There’s an adjustment period for the taste buds to get used to it. After getting past that, I discovered a lot of previously unknown nuances in all the different tobacco flavors out there. I enjoy experimenting with them.

The same old reason that I started vaping still applies, for me.

I was looking for an alternative to smoking. I wasn’t looking for an alternative to snacks.

That said, I may start playing with some fruit and bakery combos, simply because I have the flavors on the shelf. I was mixing for a relative, for a bit and he stopped vaping. What the hell, the flavors are sitting there.

11 Likes

As has already been pointed out by a couple of posts above vaping a tobacco juice isn’t the same as smoking tobacco. Originally I had zero interest in vaping anything other than tobacco flavours but that has certainly changed over time!
Personally I hated that I smoked but unfortunately I enjoyed the taste so a tobacco juice was the obvious for me. I’ve tasted some shockers in my time but as you’ll read many times taste is subjective so my shocker could be your holy grail.

I immediately thought this could work and basically applied my mind to not buy any more tobacco and resist at all costs as the old “just one won’t hurt” could have been all it took. For the first couple of weeks I’ll be the first to admit I struggled but as vaping was by far the best method I’d tried to that point I actually thought it was possible and grew more determined.
I could never prove it but I honestly have never smoked since.

13 Likes

It wasn’t a juice that made me stop smoking…
But this was the one I vaped until I started DIYing, great juice by the way…

10 Likes

A trip down memory lane :slight_smile:

I was a 40 year, pack a day Kool smoker. I never intended to quit, but I needed something to get me through a basketball game in a smoke free arena. My first ecig was an ego in November 2010. Thanks to advice on ECF, I tried a bunch of flavors, but nothing stuck until I tried Cinnabomb from VaporBomb. It was like a lightbulb went off and I thought 'I can do this instead". My last cigarette was December 8, 2010.

About a month later, missing the menthol, I had switched to VaporBomb Fire n Ice (a cinnamon red hot menthol mix). Needing vaping to be as easy as lighting a cigarette, I finally won the sale ‘lottery’ and got the original sqounker, a REO (named for its inventor and maker, Robert E O’Neil).

I have been using those original REOs and Fire n Ice vape since then, with the minor change of switching from premade attys to a BF RDA. About a year ago, VaporBomb joined the exodus of independent juice makers, and I have been trying to replicate the flavor ever since.

12 Likes