What kind of bottle labeling works well for you?

Same, same.

I’ve used a few methods and settled on painter’s tape. It’s the fastest and easiest I’ve found. When the ink fades or smears I pull a pen and write over it.

10 Likes

I also use painter’s tape. It hardly leaves any residue …

11 Likes

I use whatever scrap paper I have. Got 15-30-60ml bottles and cut to size. Scotch tape to bottles. I’m cheap.

11 Likes

Masking tape with jagged ends.

11 Likes

@CCS I use two types of labels. One for sales, and one for personal or testing. For sales, I use the Brother Wireless printer with continuous tape. For stones, testers, personal, I use Chroma Kraft removable round labels.

11 Likes

Just cheap as chips white stickers from the $2 shop and write on them.
Usually just flavour (and percentages if a SFT) and date of mixing.
I only mix for my son and I so no need for anything else.

He was going to do something on his computer but that never materialized for whatever reason and he hasn’t mentioned it for ages.

8 Likes

I use a sharpie right on the bottle, cover with scotch tape. The marker comes off clean when I remove the tape if I want to reuse the bottle.

10 Likes

Huh-huhhh, I like the sound of that sir. I’m gonna give it a go.

6 Likes

I just use a DYMO thermal label printer. Bought it cheap with a heap of labels and works ok. The labels can be a bit more work to get off, but the print quality is pretty good and they last well on the bulk (500ml) bottles.

6 Likes

Masking tape, painters tape, back or receipt with scotch or packers tape. I have used xmas labels lol. The filmy metallic ones peal off nicely.

6 Likes

I use Avery Labels #22816. They have a great template system. They adhere well and to protect from eliquids ruining the label, I apply a layer of clear packing tape over the label. The attached pic is my fave Caramel Coffee and Yes- that’s 1/3 of a milligram! (.3 mg)

Hope this helps with your request.

Take Care,
Melziemae

EL Labels|146x356

2 Likes

When I’m lazy I use a scrap piece of paper and cellophane tape.

otherwise I use a Brother P-touch Cube Bluetooth label maker. The labels are plastic or plastic coated. They will not fade or smear. They stick to bottles yet can be easily removed without leaving behind any residue. That is why I choose that label maker. And the printer is portable, can be battery operated or plugged into outlet. I use my phone, don’t need a PC. The downside is that the label rolls are pricey and I have to be careful not to waste any.

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @melziemae1.

2 Likes

I have been using these easy peel removable sticky labels from EBay U.K. that come in A4 sheets with individual labels on of your preferable size.
They are pretty good and make removing labels a doddle because they fall off easily when soaked in hot water. I have had occasions where they haven’t stuck properly to the plastic bottles and have fell off but it’s rare and mostly due to something like e liquid getting on the outside of the bottle before attaching them.

4 Likes

I use the P-touch PT-C200 you can get it on E-bay for $10 used to $30 new or Amazon as well as many other places it uses 1/2" tape cartridge that I buy on E-bay for about $5.00 for colors down to deals of 4 or 5 for $10 for black on white

with this P-touch you can make single row or dual row labels I’m cheap so I will wash out the bottles and mix the same juice as the labels so I can just put a short label with the new date on the bottle covering the date of the previous use

7 Likes

@pegasus First, welcome to the forum. Second, thanks for the info on the label maker. I was going to get one because I started out with hand written labels (and my printing sucks), but my job got me an all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax to work from home. So I just use Avery 16790 labels with it, and it seems to work fine for me. I keep it simple, with a name, list of flavors and percentages, nic percentage and date.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @pegasus. Your Sparkling Apple Peach Wine has piqued my interest.

5 Likes

It is a simple recipe I found here on ELR by @Shaner all FA flavors. Fuji Apple 2%, Peach White 2%, Vienna Cream .5% Wine Champagne 2% I didn’t have the peach so I used a combination of 4 different peach flavors that I have. I really like it. I would put it into my top 4 out of about 11 now that I have going. It has a surprising amount of flavor for the low percentage of flavorings.

5 Likes

@shaner had some GREAT mixes @pegasus.

A lot of that has to do with the FA flavors, as they are stronger than average, but also his mixing still where the flavors worked together.

2 Likes

I use 3m label tape and write on it with a marker then put a piece of scotch tape over that.

4 Likes