What mod should I buy before ban

Before this ban takes hold, I’m looking to purchase a couple more regulated mods (mech mods make me nervous but I don’t mind buying them if I can get some guidance) what are your favorites that are still available for purchase ?

7 Likes

Some ideas

9 Likes

Vaporempire has some great deals on Vaporesso Gen for 35 Gaur21 for like 40 the Grus for 35ish…All good mods imo and the prices are great

8 Likes

I went with the aegis 100w solo(direct vapor coupon codeMQ4FK5A had to also buy a26650 case for free shipping total 31.92), hasn’t came yet. I own 2 of the original aegis, all good with those besides being big. Owned 4 pico 25… temp control isn’t fabulous and not very durable but great size for pocket, I’ve been looking and can’t find a decent price $15 with free shipping would be top dollar to me. Some american companies might do a last minute panic sale.
Although I haven’t recieved the aegis if it’s as durable as the original it should last years.
My favorite would be my broken epetite dna 60, but they are hard to find and too expensive, really the aegis temp control is probably about as good.
Note- I’m all about the 18650’s sony vtc6 long battery life but battery mooch is saying 15amps continuous or around 50watts=about 15amps.
Sorry for rambling I don’t get out much and I’m half asleep.LOL

9 Likes

Instead of a lot of lower end mods it might be better to get a couple higher end mods with the DNA250C chip in it. I have never had a DNA chip fail on me although I know a couple of people who did not fair as well but were able to ship the mod back to Evolv in Ohio and they repaired it for free as a warranty repair. I do believe Evolv will still be in business, just shipping international mostly.

The Lost Vape Centaurus is an excellent mod and vaporempire.com has them for about $115 to $125. Use code VC10% for an additional 10% off.

If you ever need help with mechs please please ask questions first before diving in. A lot of helpful people will steer you in the right direction so you can be safe. Most important is to make sure your battery wraps are intact. Know your ohms law as well, very important.

11 Likes

6 Likes

A good one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There really are so many things to consider. Small size is a big deal to me taking a large mod in and out of my pocket all the time working outside or in the garage is a pain. But working in an office it would be great, or if you carry a purse.
Plus I hate “is that a mod in your pocket or are you happy to see me,” which the answer usually is both.
DNA are in my opinion the best chips made great efficiency and great temp control. But geekvape hits it good with temp control and price, misses on efficiency a bit. It depends on what you need for your life circumstances and vaping style. If money is no consideration I would take a serious look at the Dicodes Dani SBS, that should give great performance with small size…but thats just my preference.

7 Likes

Aegis Solo is a really good mod, much better than the Aegis Max.
Dovpo Odin 100 I would recommend highly, or the 200 if you want more power.
Lost Vape Grus is ok, though a little under powered.

There are a lot of choices out there, I usually go with brands I know.

6 Likes

I have a few Aegis Legends and they’re solid workhorses. I agree about DNA mods. I have 3 VT 75w Inboxes that are going on 3.5 years of use and they’re in fantastic condition.

7 Likes

I just got a Max and an Odin 100 as long term backups. The Odin is the perfect size for going out and about.

6 Likes

I liked the size of the Max, but mine had chrome buttons which went to crap pretty quick. Chips and blemishes all over them.

The Odin is a great mod, probably the best wearing finish (matt black) out of any mod I have and really comfortable in the hand.

6 Likes

I’m not impressed by those buttons either. I got the matte black Odin as well. It fits like the original Battlestar which I use everyday.

7 Likes

I have a Battlestar but I don’t like the way it delivers power. Also over the twin 18650 thing… :wink:

6 Likes

Like @mjag, IF, things are going to get harder to find, if even in the beginning, higher quality up front, might lead to less stress down the road.

5 Likes

I’d really recommend the Guar 21700 mod, well built and vaping on it exclusively I get a solid day to day and a half before needing to change batteries, and thats with an rda at 80 watts, great mod to take to work, plus I don’t have to worry about paint peeling eventually.

5 Likes

I always wanted the play with escribe but don’t tc, I was thinking of getting a kit from analog box mods, could get an extra chip and screen, or a mech kit there too…I kinda had my eye on a lipo build but they have single, dual 18 or 21700

I thought the centaurus was a no go, qc issues or something? I been trying to hurry along and pick, I liked the big Odin but couldn’t ever carry something that big… Just can’t decide.

But I cam add I’ve never had a mod fail, I think I’ve got 10, maybe 15 counting pods ,i had a sloppy 510 from ipv get fixed only to fail again but from kanger to the gaur 21 all still work, just look like shit

4 Likes

looking at one of these. so the max diameter of a tank for this would be 25mm?

4 Likes

It measures 26mm but my Relaod 26mm RTA has a hair of overhang.

4 Likes

Guess that rules that out. Don’t want to buy all new tanks and stuff at this point. :cry:

5 Likes