What mod should I buy before ban

I bought 2 Grus already from them, received them last week. Thanks for the other 2.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll prolly go with one or two of the higher end mods.

4 Likes

I purchased this one on advice from Scuba about the YIHI chip it’s old school but supposed to last

8 Likes

Very nice mod and built like a tank. Use the code FASTTECH and the price drops down to about $38. Screaming deal on a mod that sold in the $200 range when it first released.

It is heavy though, I don’t mind but it should be mentioned.

8 Likes

Same here @authormichellehughes, too cheap NOT to.

4 Likes

Being as I admittedly never had a squonk mod (was always hesitant about mechanicals & have a thing about plastic or 3D printed), I figured I better take my shot. I liked the reviews and the idea of the Topsides (renditions) but it seemed like a substantial investment for a 1st dive. I picked up a Pulse V2 and haven’t put it down since…yeah it’s plastic, but with a full squonk bottle and a 21700 it feels pretty substantial in the hand. I then started thinking, man it would suck if this thing stopped working and I couldn’t get another one - so I picked up another one before the prohibition.

5 Likes

same - put them away for a rainy day

3 Likes

Always been torn about getting a really “good” chip (i.e.DNA etc.) while being on a budget, especially when I don’t ever use TC anymore. I usually end up buying a couple less impressive/expensive chips for longevity (i’m not very hard on my gear anyway). I saw this and I know it is a great price but for some reason the mod’s aesthetics just don’t appeal to me. One thing that would be nice with a higher end chip is having the mod recognize accurate resistances…

4 Likes

Squonks are great.

Go through a bit more juice because pressing the bottle gets to be habitual, but I wanna get another one if them myself, since I lost my lat squonk mod two years ago

4 Likes

yeah, specially when you love RDA flavor and hate the hassle of dripping/overdripping

3 Likes

How many do you have now?

1 Like

I want to order:

• A good squonk mod
  • A good pocket mod for going out.
  • A good chunky dual/tri battery mod for home.
  • A good MTL RBA
  • A good DL RBA

That’s it, I think.

Maybe new batteries while they’re there and cheap.

4 Likes

~dos emphasized text

2 Likes

I have about 12 RDA’s - not sure which you were asking about :wink:

4 Likes

I think RDAs are generally so simple and with so few parts they almost can’t fail long term.

I’ve never had an RDA even look like breaking im me.

I’ve also got about 500 feet of mixed wire now, so I’m kinda locked-in to RDA/RBAs :smirk:

5 Likes

I’m hard on post screws - one of these days I am going to have to practice my optician skills and tap a few out - I have a whole FT order coming with spare M1-M6’s (and half sizes with diff heads) on the way.

4 Likes

I haven’t purchased a subohm coil back since the Kanger Sub Mini & even then after a dozen or so started rebuilding them - a real PIA!

3 Likes

if you can find one/more of these, get them ! RAM, 18650, but pretty good with mesh.
oh, this one has a coat of poly on it. as new they are a flat finish.

these are also very nice ARMAGEDON 18650, but your prolly not going to find them now.

8 Likes

oh. DO NOT, buy an AZEROTH, they are junk. and that is sad, cause otherwise it would be a nice carry mod.

3 Likes

Yeah I have great hopes for that one :slight_smile:

4 Likes