What new flavors are you buying?

Definitely a must add then. I made up a new mix last night to see if I could fix my liquor chocolate tasting issue, that flavor has been killing me because I love my chocolate and really miss it in mixing. Those two new chocolates I ordered are to see if they fix that too.

4 Likes

Just bought Cocopilada INW, Vanilla Custard Cheesecake OOO, and Tropical Strawberry FR along with some restocks. I think I’m going to love the Tropical Strawberry, it smells amazing. I only bought FW Coconut Cream Pie for the sale, but just by knuckle I can tell it’s not really in the realm of a satisfying coconut (or cream) for me. Eh, it was cheap.

8 Likes

Let me know what ya love :slight_smile: I have the Ccopilada and VCC but have never heard of the tropical Strawberry :star_struck:

3 Likes

Have you tried the vanilla custard cheesecake yet? I have heard people say it is a better version of Lorann cream cheese icing, and I can’t vape the la anymore, I used to love it but every la flavor I like all has the same weird off note to me now, idk why, just kinda plastic tasting

5 Likes

I love that stuff. I don’t get off notes but it seems to disappear quickly for me. I’d like that vibe in a flavor that stays for the long haul.

3 Likes

It was in 3 of my top 5 recipes at one point, but it started tasting off to me, thought maybe it was my bottle so picked up a new 10ml from a different location and it was even worse, so I tried my la cheesecake, same thing…I thought maybe it was just the cream cheese note but I tried my la watermelon shortly after and it was the same, almost like what plastic would taste like if it could go sour, like sour milk but sour plastic lol so idk

4 Likes

Haven’t tried it yet, but I know it’s one I will like based on the smell and a drop on the knuckle. I’m the same way with CCI, only it began as having an off note for me. I think I still have a whole bottle of it left over from end of 2015.

5 Likes

You can seriously tell on the knuckle if it’s going to be overpowering … did that last night with a new flavor and had to go brush my teeth it was so strong LOL

3 Likes

FA Custard Premium has been a Custard epiphany and if you’ve not experienced it yet you are in for a real treat.

6 Likes

I’ve been hearing that, Strawberry. Can’t wait to see what I’ve been missing… now hurry up Chef’s LOL

4 Likes

I see you’ve been trying Zeppola and with Custard Premium on route you may like this.

5 Likes

I was having an issue with the Zeppola which I think is clove in it at this point… I LOVE doughnut vapes

4 Likes

Flavour notes from Reddit and fwiw i dont get a Spice note from it.

Setup: Recoil w/ flavor barrel, Dual 15 wrap 26g 3mm Nifethal 70 coils @.18 ohms. 60w power, 450F temp limit. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: FA Zeppola @ %2, 60/40 VG/PG, Steeped 7 days.

This concentrate was provided by bullcityflavors.com, for the sole and express purpose of publishing an honest review for r/DIY_eJuice.

Flavor Description: A dry, fluffy cake donut with a good deal of powdered sugar on top. I could see this passing as a grocery-store bakery take on a beignet.

Inhale is mostly powdered sugar. The drier, dense mouthfeel kind of feels like you’re actually inhaling powdered sugar, which is a bit disconcerting. Exhale starts with another good helping of powdered sugar on top with a drier cake donut coming through underneath. Overall effect is really sweet, and moderately dense. Back half of the exhale is primarily that cake donut right in the middle of your palate. Not a lot of low-end oily rich flavor here you’d get from an actual donut, although you do get sort of an oily mouthfeel. Lingering powdered sugar on the exhale. This manages to give you sugar lips while feeling like it’s greasing your mouth up a bit. Really interesting.

Off-flavors: So, a zeppole is usually fried, and I’m not getting that. It’s much more of a cake donut taste with a strange oily mouthfeel. Also, that powdered sugar thing is pretty intense, but probably workable for the profile.

Throat Hit: Light solo, mostly from the dryness here.

Uses & Pairings: If you want a yeast-risen donut, a little FA Joy will do you. That has the yeast, bready body, and slight touch of oil this seems to be missing for a typical yeast-risen american style donut. /u/ID10-T recommends using TFA Bavarian Cream for some added creaminess and richness, which should also work to round out that noticeable powdered sugar notes.

From there, knock yourself out. I’m sure you can figure out something rich and obscene to do with your donuts.

Also, this is profoundly sweet, and should work as a fairly non-descript sweetener for bakeries as long as it’s kept low.

Notes: S&V concentration testing, .5% this is a more like the scent from donuts without much mouthfeel. Same kind of taste, just really faint without much body. Still very sweet, though. 1% really just seems to boost the powdered sugar here, making it a bit dryer and sweeter overall. 1.5%, that cake donut taste is starting come back through, adding some nuance and giving you some of an actual donut as opposed to more of just a whiff of a bakery. Same thing with 2%, the powdered sugar seems to top out at 1% but that donut base is getting a bit stronger. Seems to get a breadier as the wicks dry out. At 2.5, the powdered sugar is a little more under control and that donut is taking center stage. Donut is getting some anise/maple kind of top notes. At 3%, I’m getting some bread out of this but the powdered sugar seems to be muting some of the more “donut” taste. At 3.5% and above, the flavor seems to mute a bit more and gets a bit astringent overall. I’d use this at 1% for a sweetener for bakeries, and probably 2.5% for a donut without added sweet components. I’d bump up to 3% for a donut where you’re adding a bit of joy or intend on having a sweet glaze or fruit filling or whatever.

Overall this is good, although a bit dry and definitely heavy on the powdered sugar. Doesn’t give me a zeppole per se, but seems like a really good donut base

4 Likes

FA premium custard is amazing. Glad I got some when I did, although my purchase from the mixer quitting also had a 100ml bottle so I’m stocked up for a while. Now I can be like the other cool kids with bottles of holiday pie lol

7 Likes

Gosh darn it Michelle,

You’re going to make me buy stuff! :grinning:
When you’re flavors come in, try your Custard base mix that you use and add in the WF Flapper Pie, I love that one. It’s definitely on par with some of my other WF faves like Angel Cake and Tahitian Vanilla Cream.

5 Likes

I’ve seen it said it’s got a hint of nutmeg in it but like i say i don’t notice it.
Some people are more sensitive to flavours than others and for me it’s honey so maybe you’re detecting it more than most folk would.

4 Likes

"I got a light cinnamon roll/ brown sugar taste out of this at 3%. A little “doughy”, but I’d almost call it more of a bready or cakey texture. It really reminded me of a much lighter version of FW Cinnamon Roll, which tends to carry a lot of that “sugar lips sensation.” Another review and I thought at first it was a background of cinnamon but it wasn’t … really off for me and I hated clove cigarettes back in the day and it’s that same off note. I stuck it in with some whipped cream TFA to see if I could back that note down… still a no go

4 Likes

I can’t wait to try that Flapper pie I’ve heard GREAT things about that one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh ya I totally forgot that one yes for sure it is a must have.
Unfortunately chefs only have a 10ml on the site atm

5 Likes

That’s probably why I didn’t buy Whipped Cream, I never saw it since it wasn’t sold here LOL.

3 Likes