What proportion of vapers do you think make their own eliquid

was just wondering…

6 Likes

Welcome back @Ashkan. That’s going to be a TOUGH one on to answer. In my circle, I am the juice maker guy, and no one else I know locally does. Plenty of local stores, mostly peddling sub par house blends. We all congregate here, all DIY’ers, but as an overall number, I’d be curious to hear.

7 Likes

Hi @SessionDrummer. It HAS been a long time since I have posted, but I do keep lurking here and reading comments :slight_smile: . same here, I am the only guy among my vaper friends who DIYs.

6 Likes

Well welcome back from the lurking !!! :slight_smile:

I’d be really curious to hear the answer, but i have no clue how we’d come to an answer on this. If I think REALLY hard, maybe a very FEW, tried briefly to DIY, quickly gave up, and most buy from me now LOL. I find the question VERY interesting.

Hell, I’m struggling to think how we could even get an accurate “Who’s Vaping” number, let alone the DIY subset. Great question.

7 Likes

DIY Mixing as I know it from stats, is roughly 5-15% of vaping.

7 Likes

I’d luv, love, LOVE to see those stats @anon84779643. If it’s really only 5-15%, wouldn’t that make the recent victory (kinda) in Australia, that much more impressive ??

6 Likes

It does. It means a lot. I wish I could show those stats… and Aussies did a slam dunk…
I just hope they can change out the ones that keep wanting to get rid of vaping. They have the time, what they do with it, is on them. :slight_smile: I am pulling for them!

Unlike us… no new liquids or equipment… the hell with the FDA!!! :slight_smile:
Mix away, vape happy! :slight_smile: Do your own thang!! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Interesting although strange. you would think more people would do it given how much cheaper it is.

6 Likes

Not everyone can or thinks or believes that they can, as well as thinking what an inconvenience.
I know folks here that are so set in their ways they toss visual temper tantrums. I wish it could be different, but if we all keep doing what we do, eventually the light gets shown :wink:

8 Likes

To be honest, I was terrified to buy the first kit I bought! It was our full budgeted amount for the month for vape supplies.

I was SO worried I would fail and not make anything worthy of vaping. I ended up sitting down, browsing recipes, here on ELR, made up a recipe based on the percentages I was seeing and BAM my Sweet Georgia Sunrise was born!!

Actually that was my THIRD mix. First was a lemon sugar cookie. Second was a 4 raspberries mix.

All of which were totally vapable!! I was so shocked at how easy it was!! And how little of my supplies was used after three mixes that normally would have cost me $20.00 EACH!!! Instead it cost me about $2.00 each!?

10 Likes

Yeps, it doesn’t take much… :wink: super easy and omg too tasty, if done right.
Not hard at all, no matter what vendor you use. :slight_smile:

and just think… for each day you do not smoke… it’s a day that is healthier for you! :slight_smile: <3

9 Likes

It would be small depending on how you count who a vaper is. Counting everyone who has bought a product in the last few months 0.5-1%. But who really knows.

8 Likes

I would imagine it is very low considering how many people actually vape. All the vapers I know are not interested in DIY at all and the one who tried gave up pretty quick. Under 5% would be my guess and even that seems generous. If you think about the active people on this forum it is minuscule compared to the millions who vape.

12 Likes

I think the pct is low as well , id say 1 to 5pct , the 5pct would be those who have tried and quit mixing combined with those who still mix…As far as vapers who only mix that 1 to 2pct probably …

8 Likes

Mixing can be hard for some and its not as easy as they think. For me it took a long time, I followed recipes and everything tasted crap. It’s patience, trial and error. My problem is I can’t take my total flavours over 1.5-2.0%

6 Likes

Not really mate…, a lot of vapers vape commercial E-Juice…, either they haven’t heard of it or just don’t do it…, it takes special talent if u ask me, as DIY isn’t for everyone.

8 Likes

Sad thing… I do not know a lot of vapers locally now days.
Most managed to stop smoking and then to stop vaping and as far as I know… they don’t do either now.
That is the goal to stop smoking… and I am happy to see them move on with their lives. I get a few that check in on their anniversary dates… but eh… life goes on. We meet new people… This is how vaping should be, as a grass roots thing, to help others… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Excuse me, but the expert has already answered. Heck, if she can tell what a recipe will taste like without even mixing it, you know I believe her stats on this. :wink:

Of course, we mere mortals are not privy to these statistics, but as long as she shares, I don’t need that access.

9 Likes

I agree :smile:
I think it very much depends what country we are talking about as well. Intrestingly. I was watching this video which was saying why home depot failed in China. it did so because apparently Americans take pride in DIYing, whereas the Chinese see DIYing as a poor person’s hobby so they avoid DIY as much as possible.

6 Likes

Maybe if you worked your flavors and stuck to one company for more than a few years, you too would know how one of your recipes would turn out, before mixing too. It’s called taking notes from flavor testings.

Hey mere mortal…
why not call up your favorite flavor manufacture and ask them what amount of sales does vaping or even mixing give them? Maybe they might be truthful or maybe they really won’t tell you. Luck of the draw I guess, but I do know with at least flv its around 5%… so try calling them. Hear it for yourself.

eyeroll was done here.

2 Likes