What proportion of vapers do you think make their own eliquid

That’s just a tad passive-aggressive, don’t you think?

6 Likes

I knew I’d get one, but I wasn’t expecting a double!

9 Likes

Absolutely…it should be imo …i do believe once you have dived into the hobbiest side a person will continue vaping longer

8 Likes

Im sure companies like FLV and WF etc have some type of numbers that differentiate DIY vs Commercial sales …

5 Likes

I think so too @fidalgo_vapes
Plus not everyone joins itty bitty forums to chat, but to learn and move on. The petty BS floats everywhere. Put your work in, and understand how all this works. Speak up or sit back and let others do your work for you. Too many catagroies for everyone, post if you want to or don’t… :slight_smile:

Too many of the ones that do flap fingers, don’t want to put the work in for themselves, but if it works for others, it must be right. ~Really.

They do, but again, it’s work to have to find out things for yourself. Why do that when others will and have. ?

4 Likes

I just asked about 6 companies. So far only one of them has got back to me. while they didn’t have the exact number, they said they definitely sell more eliquid than concentrates. I asked if they have any rough numbers regarding the ratio and I am waiting to hear form them. I’ll update when I hear from more vendors.

4 Likes

I agree I was the same I was buying juice off a mate at work I said I bet it difficult to make e liquid he said no it’s really easy he said buy a one shot Concentrate and use a Vape calculator Online so I did I picked up Wayne walkers misty and I was like wow then i Watched Hours of YouTube videos then came across this site elr and didn’t want to listen to advice from people on here but once I did I started learning so much Dan the man made me see sense. And now I feel I’ve been excepted tot he ELR family.

8 Likes

also I have taken their phone number and will give them a call if they don’t email me

3 Likes

I am referring to actual flavor companies. Those that do not make ejuice, but only sell flavorings.
The market for diy is very small, and I will be the first to say I appreciate that there are some companies that only try to help us “diyer’s” out.

For those that sell ejuice, the concentrates they are selling can be a combo of multiple flavor manufactures, so I bet you will be receiving a mixed response, but it will be even smaller. Most that discover companies like tfa/cap/fa/ etc… rarely go to companies that sell ejuice. Diy tastes better, and you can style it to your own particular tastes. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Great question! I’ve managed to move about five or six friend’s over to vaping but I’m the only one who mixes my own e-liquids [and the only one to have got into RDAs and RTAs].

9 Likes

good for you. that’s potentially 6 lives saved #notallheroswearcapes :grin:

9 Likes

I believe too, the % of DIY mixers is pretty low. The vapors I know all buy commercial juices and own one setup to vape on.
One year after I quit smoking via vaping, the rumors started circulating that at some point in time we possibly would no longer be able to buy ejuice or mods etc. I thought, screw that… I’ll make my own. I quickly found this website and read everything I could on how to mix, build my own coils and proceeded to buy or (win in contests xD) as much vape gear as I could get my hands on
I found I got great satisfaction making my own and knowing that I could survive in case those ugly rumors ever came to pass. Nowadays I don’t know what the future holds but do know who’s door they’ll be knocking on if those vape shops ever close their doors. xD

9 Likes

It’s also worth noting, as @Mew has mentioned, that when a deeming regulation or any perceived threat to the vaping community comes around there is usually a wave of new users wanting to learn DIY. How much that affects the proportions in question is probably negligible though.

8 Likes

I’m the only one I know, I got a friend to start but she gave up after a short while. I can’t smoke anything commercial anymore, can’t find anything but plain candy floss that I like. Couldn’t have done it without you guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In my friends circle:

I’m the only one mixing my own juice.

I’m the only one playing with coils etc.

I’m the only one with +3 setups, most have 1 setup, some 2 setups.

7 Likes

@stratu1 welcome to this great place

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been coming here for recipes for a year or two but somehow missed out on this forum. It’s really thanks to the “Weekly Summary” elr emails out that hooked me. Great stuff!

7 Likes

I do think this is the best Forum around everyone is so helpful and nice

6 Likes

Definately agree with you there English. I don’t post very often but I read the forum daily or more and this forum has got to be my favorite…great bunch of people here. :grinning:

8 Likes

Holy crap if that’s not the truth lol my brother in law owns one mod, one tank, and vapes 2 types of commercial juice but primarily just one flavor, and he is the person who converted me and my dad over to vaping lol

5 Likes