What scale should I buy to measure eliquid mixes?

Hi All, looking to move from syringes to a scale, but what scale? Can it be just any kitchen scale?
Would this work?

3 Likes

Tons of info here

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=Scale%20

6 Likes

Check out the American Weigh LB501. It is the most common scale in DIY. really, though, as long as it is accurate, can be calibrated, and measures to two decimals in grams, you should be ok. An AC adapter powered unit is preferred if you get a unit that goes into sleep mode with batteries.

5 Likes

Can’t get the scale in South Africa… Bummer…

3 Likes

Sorry, didn’t check your location! Amazon won’t deliver to SA? Is it the int. shipping charge?

3 Likes

They will but at a hefty cost :joy:… Will see if I can find an alternative

3 Likes

Whatever you get make sure it will go at least 500 grams

5 Likes

3 Likes

Aha love you guys! Normally where I order my flavors, keep rocking!

4 Likes

@Buddy_Vapez Check Out Theo Thiart’s (The Fog Vlog) Facebook group there is tons of local info that should help you out some.

5 Likes

More importantly, make sure it will measure down to 0.01g

5 Likes

Might also consider buying a scale which will not automatically shut off from battery only use. I would look at the duel battery or AC power functioning.

4 Likes

What’s the cut off time on the the AW LB-501? I have the TBBSC .01 X 100g Mini and it’s cut off is a bit quick ? The 100g limit is also a bit inconvenient. Is there a reasonably priced scale that goes to 1,000g (or even more) x .01g and that has a say 5 minute cut off?

2 Likes

MH-200 Mini Digital Jewelry Electronic Scale w/ 1.55" LCD Display (200g/0.01g)
$5.87

500g x 0.01g Digital Scale
$13.35

What happens if a scale is 5% wrong?

3 Likes

Get the lb501 it has a500g limit, but that limit resets every time you tare the scale. Just mixed a thousand ml of juice on mine.

3 Likes

I use the AC adapter on the LB501, so i don’t know the cut off time. Never had batteries in it. It just keeps going.

3 Likes

Greetings,
As a new mixer, I’ve just gone for a simple 500gm scale made by Proint XP High Precision Digital Jewelry Scale. Accurate with in .03gms. Only runs on 2 AAA batteries though, no AC power port. That said, it was less that $40 Canadian. Hope something like this is available for at least the “just now.”

3 Likes

I mix by syringe only so if I was to get a scale, I would want no automatic shutoff while plugged in to a wall socket. The option, powered by batteries only, is most often is supplied with the automatic shutoff feature. This is just a heads up.

3 Likes

This won’t cover anything new but just consider what “inexpensive” means when going by price. It’s a nice way of saying “cheap”. DIY e-liquid mixing has no room for cheap. You get what you pay for and as mentioned several times, the LB-501 is the best bang for your buck. Been using mine for 3+ yrs. Stay away from those Chinese battery powered pocket scales. Make sure the scale you select includes calibration weights.

5 Likes

Word to the wise, thanks. The LB-501 is in the cart.

2 Likes