What should I charge a local vape shop for one of my juices?

I’ve posted a few recipes on here and I was at a local shop and they really liked one of them. They said they would buy my recipe but I have no idea what I should charge! FYI they were my original recipes. Anybody ever sell there juice… If so what’s the going rate? Thanks for the help vape fam!

1 Like

Are you going to make the juice for them and they will sell it at a marked up price or are you selling them the recipe so that they can produce it themselves?

2 Likes

I have no idea …

… Sounds like a good round number :smiley:

5 Likes

When I sell juice to friends I charge twice the amount this site tells me it costs to make. It’s super cheap for my friends and I basically vape for free…so start there. Kinda like being a drug dealer, but not as much fun.

I have the same thing happening to me at this time…except this shop wants me to bring in my own bottled up juice for him to sell. I really don’t want to get into it just for the fact that it could be so time consuming sitting around making 15-30ml bottles if one becomes a hit. Decisions decisions…I would think 250-500 per recipe would sound fair!

So… About tree fiddy :smiley:

5 Likes

Not too time consuming, you would just make one large 500ml batch then just transfer it into the smaller bottles.

1 Like

Maybe not to much time involved except I’v got 4 kids…one set are twins at the age of 22 months that are into everything plus my full time job of 60+ hrs a week…I guess it’s really just me not wanting to put in any effort except for my own pleasure at the moment!! Maybe if I can send the wife out of town with the kids I could have me a juice making weekend to see if anything comes of it!

I was thinking 3 fiddy and like .50 cent a bottle. But I would have no idea how much they sold.

do they want the recipe outright?? …so you can’t claim it or will they sell it under your name ©©©©©

They want it outright. I make my liquid in my bedroom for personal use. They were asking if I had a hepa filter and what not. I don’t think I want to make it and bottle it for them. It would be an addition to their house juice… That’s why I was think I should get a cut of each bottle sold. I’m not trying to get rich, I just want a fair price

1 Like

I would get a royalty and get it in writing so you could check they’re paperwork @anytime

3 Likes

So what amour should I ask for if they’re selling a 60 ml for $38? And they would doing the bottling, mixing, labeling etc?

you need to figure the percentage that will make you satisfied… if you have no part in the making of it it’s all profit …you’ve just got to be sure that percentage is fulfilled with no shananagins!!!

set up a royalty payment system… you can research it online and you can set up a system where you’re paid by bottle or a flat fee… check it out?

If you asked for say, 10% of each bottle sold, you’d make 3.80/bottle. At that rate, you’d make $250 after 66 bottles, $350 after 92 bottles, etc. So you just have to decide, do you want to potentially make MORE but have to wait for it, or do you want to make a flat fee and get it all at once, but once it’s done it’s done. If they sell 500 bottles, at 10% you’d miss out on quite a lot of money ($1550) if you took a flat rate of $350. But, there’s no guarantee they’d sell that many. Maybe they only sell 10 and decide to not make anymore…then you only made $38. You could try to negotiate a percentage, with a minimum amount…that way’d you would be sure to make a certain amount, they’d be more likely to continue making the juice and pushing it so that they got their money’s worth, and you’d win either way.

3 Likes

ty for chiming in!!!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I think I’m ready for the bargaining table!

1 Like

Additionally you could sell them the base and have them use their own nic and pg/vg, that way your keeping your recipe, they are getting the flavor and having to use their bottles, and if you decide to expand, you can also sell the same recipe to another shop later without the worry that your now using their recipe that belongs to them and not you if you had sold it.

3 Likes

haha a real thinking cap fur sur!!!