What to do with used cotton

I was saying some time ago that I’ll be chewing nicorettes and spitting my saliva into my juice :crazy_face: ! Either that or chewing gum and vaping at the same time. Or maybe we can soak our free nic patches in PG. Hey! That sounds reasonable…and cleaner :rofl: Junkies have been figuring out ways to hack opiates out of pill ingredients for years now. Why not us? Lets hack the crap out of big pharma…woot woot!

5 Likes

No no NO.

NO

Hope I never have to resort to even trying that bottle, and ordering every week like I will be I shouldn’t have to…

Also, though we will need a doctor’s script for nicotine liquid come August and won’t be able to import tje stuff at all, it may wind-up being that we get to just purchase 100mg/mL nic base at any local chemist while still offering 0% flavours and juices etcetera.

If that’s the case I will happily flush that bottle of used cotton away without a thought.

But so far none of our idiot politicians have given any details about how October’s legislation will actually be rolled-out, so none of us have anything but speculation to go on and speculation always seems to lean towards the ‘worst case’ scenario occurring :confounded:

3 Likes

You’d be lucky then. In the US I don’t think that will happen. I guess we’ll soon find out. Right now my state is offering free nic patches to all smokers. Maybe even nic gum, too. As for anything else vape related like flavored juice and tobacco it’s already banned, even menthol cigarettes. Anyway, my post was meant to make you chuckle. I truly hope I don’t resort to spitting in my juice :rofl:

4 Likes

We’ve got those nicorette patches, gum and now sprays in every supermarket, but they’re a) nearly as expensive as cigarettes/tobacco and b) though we can get NRT cheap with a doctor’s script, the script ONLY allows for patches.

Of course c) all those NRT products suck anyway and I don’t like them at all :confounded:

2 Likes

I will chuckle once I’ve got a year’s supply of base in my cupboard - enough to last until this stupid anti-vape legislation is finally reversed through public outrage.

No chuckling can occur on the matter until then:)

4 Likes

It’s all so ridiculous it’s almost surreal: for governments everywhere to suddenly decide to ‘crack down’ on vaping

Why don’t they crack down on actual crack, ice, heroin - some of the real drugs that genuinely fuck people up?

To single out an alternative to smoking that’s only a delivery method for nicotine…

And even though the legislation in Australia compared to America is quite different in detail, it just LOOKS so obviously like they’re doing it purely to benefit big tobacco by making it difficult to vape - in both countries…

Yet they’re still going ahead with it!

7 Likes

Well, Idk how much nic or juice you vape but a litre of 100mg/ml should last you well over a year. A friend did the math for himself before the hammer started to come down and he got himself a gallon of 100mg/ml. He said it will last him till he’s about 85. He believes in being prepared for the worst, lol. I got my fill, too. I only use 3mg or sometimes 0 nic. The PG/VG and flavors will always be there. But vaping is also a hobby for me and I enjoy buying/trading gear and that’s what’s being prohibited right now.

3 Likes

I’ve been using 50mg/mL salts, which will obviously have to change if I want a litre of 100mg to last me a full year :flushed:

Though I only started vaping again a few weeks ago and already had that order of juice, ordered, before eating about the impending bad news.

I’ll start mixing 6mg/mL freebase with 12mg/mL salt nicotine once I’ve got both bases.

I could live with an 18mg combination mix, opposed to 50ml constantly.

4 Likes

You couldn’t be more right, Guido Possum. The US has what’s called the Tobacco Settlement. Each state receives a percentage of tobacco sale profits from Big T to pay for the past and future damages caused by smoking. So…the more they sell, the more we make. Just follow the money and you’ll see that vaping was a threat to our states’ budgets. Fuck our health. They don’t give a rat’s ass about us and it burns me up that they come off as these bleeding heart liberals that want the best for our children.

6 Likes

Exactly the same here; they’re claiming it’s to stop teenagers from taking up vaping.

3 Likes

I have more experience with freebase but when I decided to try some salts I was thankfully informed here that the amount of freebase and salts shouldn’t be any different.

2 Likes

Exactly! The government won’t get any kickbacks from the vaping industry. They rather our teens smoke cigarettes.

4 Likes

Just smoother which will make the 12mg salt so mild on my throat I should only feel the 6mg freebase, but with the combined nicotine delivery of instantaneous salt and slower-acting freebase.

It’s win-win :slight_smile:

I’ve certainly never been able to fill my lungs with 18mg freebase: even with a MTL device, 12mg is the highest freebase I can inhale without coughing a lung out.

I DID plan to dilute the 50mg commercial juices I ordered - down to between 6 and 12mg - but the first time I tried it @ the full 50mg I found the feeling of it hitting my lungs was exactly like actual smoke - without any of the prickling freebase so generously needles your throat with.

Straight away I realized I didn’t much want to dilute it so um, I haven’t :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And if they DID start adding tax to juices like they do tobacco, can you even imagine how much they’d cost?

Tobacco taxes here cause a packet of smokes or pouch or tobacco to be double the actual retail price alone…

Doubling the price of eliquid with a similar tax would see a 100mL bottle of Killar Custard go from $AUD49.00 to around $AUD100.00…

Though to tax at the same rate as they do tobacco would be unjustifiable since vaping won’t do anywhere near as much damage as smoking…

2 Likes

Yeah, but a 100mg/ml base is 100mg of nic per a ml. I don’t understand how you were using 50mg of nic in your juice when full strength cigarettes are 24mg? I would have stroked out, lol!

Have a great night GP, I think that’s a wrap for me. Glad you got back to vaping again. Pleasant dreams.

3 Likes

Night :sleeping::relieved::sleeping:

Easy: tolerance adapts super fast :slight_smile:

• Day 1: Felt a bit sick until just after sitting in bed had to run to the toilet to hurl-up dinner and suddenly realized I was also simultaneously having a nose-bleed as drops of blood spattered the toilet bowl. Wiped nose, brushed teeth and figured I might’ve had enough nicotine for one day, so went to bed.

• Day 2: Got the hot & sweaties here and there, mostly at night when I was vaping more. Didn’t vomit once all day.

• Day 3: Maybe hot & sweaty once or twice and that was it. No vomiting or noise bleeds since that first night.

• Day 4 until now: No nicotine sickness anymore.

3 Likes

How about:
“I double-dog-dare you” or “Medic!” juice?

4 Likes

“Double Dare Ya”: definitely!

Ladies and gents, we have a winner! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah.

The nanny-state bullshit we have to put up with here… gawd.

2 Likes

How about “Trash can punch”. Ever heard of that? It’s the same as jungle juice really. Everyone brings a bottle of whatever to the party and pour it in the can as they arrive. It’s a new trash can, freshly washed, of course.

4 Likes