What to do with used cotton

No offense Jim, but I don’t think I wanna party with you. :rofl:

8 Likes

Yep

Why is that I wonder, something weird is going on. I’ve noticed that the places that sell tobacco don’t have anything on display anymore like they used to.

They keep it in a cupboard with blinds in front of it now, everywhere.
Is there no place anymore for the tobacco industry either in that great reset that they have planned?

3 Likes

i wouldn’t “flush” that cotton. it could cause plumbing problems.

3 Likes

True that, and a blocked toilet is no good at all

2 Likes

No offense taken. That’s about 30 years ago and It’s been near the top of my “never again” list😅

5 Likes

So how much in ml’s of that 50mg/ml are you vaping a day, and what kind of setup? (You did say it was an RDA)

2 Likes

Only about 1mL/day I’d say, dripped in one of two RDAs - both at ~20-25W on 1ohm single kanthal 28ga coil.

They’re both sub-ohm capable tanks, but (and I’ve been trying to get this into the hive mind at reddit) sub-ohm tanks and drippers can still be used with 50mg/mL salts, long as you keep the power down.

Spose that makes them ‘full-ohm’ RDAs now, technically.

High wattages and ‘cloud chasing’ might be unsafe for high mg salts, but increase the ohms while dropping the wattage and you get a more open sub-ohm-y DL draw instead of the tight MTL with less vapor so there’s no nicotine sickies.

I haven’t tried actual high-wattage sub-ohming the 50mg juices and haven’t really felt the need to.

Yeah no it’s the high wattages but I understand why people generally tell people not to use salts with sub-ohm tanks: any new vapers wouldn’t understand they can coil their drippers to fire at lower power - many would just start at 80W and be spewin’ their guts up in an emergency room on the first night.

2 Likes

Close, but it’s even better for Big T.

Payments by the Participating Manufacturers (PMs)

The amount of money that the PMs are required to annually contribute to the states varies according to several factors. All payments are based primarily on the number of cigarettes sold.

For the OPMs (Original Participating Manufacturers), the payments are determined in accordance with their relative market share as of 1997. The payment amount of a particular OPM is also dictated by the “Volume Adjustment,” which compares the number of cigarettes sold in each payment year to the number of cigarettes sold in 1997. If the number of cigarettes sold by an OPM in a given year is less than the number it sold in 1997, the Volume Adjustment allows that OPM to reduce its payment to the settling states. In other words, a reduction in the amount of cigarettes sold by the OPMs results in the settling states receiving less money.

So, in essence, let’s say the number of cigarettes sold this year, is 10% (just an arbitrary number for discussion purposes) less than what was sold in 1997. Big T is protected. They just raise the price of smokes to match (or exceed), and their profits are not affected.

The states however, are left holding the bag, for that 10% reduction in their payments from Big T.

Is it any wonder that the states have been jumping on the anti vape bandwagon?

4 Likes

the BIG reasons any politician is jumping on the vape bandwagon is $$$$$ in their pockets. the 2nd, campaign props = “look, i am saving the children ! vote for me !” = the sheep believe that shit.

6 Likes

… because politicians are pig-fucking arseholes.

4 Likes

well, i can’t blame them for looking out for themselves. BUT, the thing is they are elected to look out for us. and in this case, and MANY others, they "are not’

4 Likes

Nooo, and they’re so obviously not looking after us…

We are the pigs in this instance - being fucked :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

what does affe mean ?

3 Likes

Phone text-predict fail :slight_smile:

Edited it…

I’m much more accurate with a keyboard than my thumb, with my phone’s onscreen keyboard auto- complete literally creating illiterate writing anytime I forget to double-check every mistake it makes and fix them before clicking Submit.

Anyway it’s past bedtime for this particular piglet.

Night :relieved:

2 Likes

It has always been my wish and desire. To never drink Bong water, smoke a cigarette butt, combine all the left over drinks from last nights party. Or resort to Vaping a used cotton concoction.

7 Likes

Oh me too, don’t you worry about that :wink:

Starting with a 500mL bottle of 100mg salts this next order, we’ll see how much I can accumulate between now and October.

Hopefully there’ll never be a need to crack open the slop bucket :smirk:

2 Likes

You gotta sample it. I would. I think the flavor will cancel out all descernable notes and you will just have a “cream-like” thickness. Assuming you don’t vape the same flavors all the time.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. Much much safer to do it your way over a 4 night period

I dunno man, from when I started I’ve only been lowering my nicotine intake. I’d rather just smoke/vape weed before that shit.

But hey, you do you :+1:, and when you’re ready for more, you can try the 60mg/ml :rofl:

4 Likes

I think it’s just a gesture. Makes them look like they care and are using the Tobacco Settlement money for smoking cessation products. Phssht, a drop in the bucket. There are millions unaccounted for.

3 Likes

Josephine, it is alive and well where I live. I run errands and one of them is to buy a carton of cigarettes and a case of wine. Both the packy and the gas station have cigs displayed behind the counter. Minus menthol cigs and menthol loose tobacco.

2 Likes