What type of Vg is safe to use Palm, Coconut, Soy derived?

With VG prices going up I was wondering What type of VG is safe to use Palm, Coconut, Soy derived?

I have always used palm derived VG which was the Essential Depot brand USP - Kosher - Pure - Pharmaceutical Grade. Most VG on Amazon do not say what plant they’re derived from or say something like (extracted from vegetable oils)
I don’t like to sacrifice flavor for bad VG, but also don’t like my wallet to be empty after buying a bottle. Thank you.

7 Likes

I think the general consensus is for palm derived VG. I bought a gallon off of Amazon and it has been just fine for my base.

Question:
What is the plant source? Is it palm based?
Answer:
Hi and thanks for your question. It is derived from palm and palm kernel oil.
Cynthia
Cesco Solutions Solutions

10 Likes

Welcome back @pa_eagle. Where did @fidalgo_vapes grab his recent 4 gallon purchase I wonder?! BCF is $30 a gallon- and is what I use personally. Hope that helps dude.

10 Likes

To answer your question in one breef statement they are all safe. It comes down to a matter of taste. Different VG taste different. If you’re looking for a recommendation I personally use palm. It adds a slight sweet taste to your mixes.

10 Likes

Glycerin Supplier…Its 26 there but i like it and its the closest to what i was buying b4 ( NR , LNW or LB)

12 Likes

Thanks Fiddy!

8 Likes

Welcome back after a 6 hiatus @pa_eagle. I, like @TorturedZen, only use Palm VG. Bad VG can ruin a lot of juice, so chasing the cheapest isn’t always the best way. I’ve had great luck with this …

9 Likes

@D.Sims GlycerinSupplier aka IngredientSupplier.

7 Likes

I have to get use to this name change

8 Likes

Thank you. I always used palm base ever since I started making my own juice, but somewhere I read that soy was not good to use. I’m not sure how true that was.

6 Likes

Thank you. I usually buy a lot of flavors from BCF, but honestly never looked at their VG. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Sometimes the answer is right in front of our faces and we never notice it.

6 Likes

Thank you. I have herd different things about Soy derived. I started 2nd guessing if it was safe.

6 Likes

Thank you. Yes, I don’t like to sacrifice flavor for bad VG, but also don’t like my wallet to be empty after buying a bottle. The Essential Depot brand USP - Kosher - Pure - Pharmaceutical Grade is around $60 a gallon now and was looking for a good alternative for a lower cost but was not sure about Coconut or Soy since I have never used them and could not find any good information about them.

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome back. I have always been here, just usually make juice and jump back off.

5 Likes

Is it “USP” grade?

2 Likes

I had to double check, but yes.
And free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.

3 Likes

Ya amazon has it for lime 34 landed ehich is good if your buying 1 gallon.Amazon alwsys get their paws on stuff

3 Likes

Welcome to ELR @EdwardPhillips.

1 Like

I’m thinkin we’ll see an edit to that post. :wink: You’re so cheery, I’m so cynical :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi, I have 3/4 of a gallon of essential Depot vegetable glycerin left and I was wondering because it has a use by date of January 1, 2023. It’s been stored well smells OK looks OK. Just wanted to know what your opinion is it still safe to use Thanks for any input

5 Likes