What was the odd thing you encountered today?

Over the years I’ve noticed that there is gap in our main ‘What’ threads. As such, I am making one for the odd things which make you ponder but you are not sure about how to emotionally react to them and, ones which defy definition.

A key example which inspired me was a scooter hitting an ambulance. Obviously it has dark comedic value but I found it uncomfortable to add it to ‘What made you smile today?’

So, I thought adding a more neutral thread to the ‘What’ family would be helpful.

For example:

I don’t know how to react to Ye (née Kanye West) being unbanned on X (née Twitter) although it is a bit of madness worth sharing.

6 Likes

Here’s my opener. Today The Marvel’s trailer finally invaded my space.

Now, I view it as odd as Brie Larson accepting that she has breasts is the main selling point they are using to entice viewers. Having Rambo and Miss Marvel, who got their powers from TV shows most didn’t watch and the US postal system only compounds the fact that they cannot draw in an audience.

This make me emotionally confused and I am leaning towards Marvel having a 10 year break. Something which Iger may support. But, if Bob ever reads this, I’ll offer him $1 to take Disney as a going concern.

4 Likes

I guess this fits here

jj

8 Likes

Well that does raise a few queries.

4 Likes

Prior to checking all out myself, I’ll rely on the Billy Connelly response:

6 Likes

Talking about movie award shows, this is THE speech. Epic!

8 Likes

Oh definitely. Though he is good at ceremonies I had an odd first reaction to him. Namely, after watching The Office I saw him talking live and then realised that there was no difference.

4 Likes

Not that odd considering she’s a he. Although it is odd they can just shape shift into something else and win prizes.

5 Likes

Well, some just suit it better than others. For example, If I switched genders, well I’d only find work as a crone or harridan wise woman.

7 Likes

A vehicle merging on the interstate using a turn signal and entering at highway speed.
Don’t see that too often

8 Likes

I love it. He tells the truth and half the audience looks petrified, guilty or indignant. Something bothering you dearies?

7 Likes

I think it’s odd that the anaesthetic properties of Sudocrem and the immense relief it brings to haemorrhoids are not mentioned at all.
Stupid, it opens up a whole new market. :woman_shrugging:

Speaking of haemorrhoids, I’ve read in some book that haemorrhoid creme is often used, by celebrities and such, to get rid of the bags under the eyes.
I’d never heard of that. Isn’t that odd?
They don’t advertise that either. Another brilliant marketing opportunity wasted.
Mind you, most of you probably know it already. I happen to live under a rock.

Another odd thing I’ve encountered today is that I feel like shit but I’m in an excellent mood.
I’m afraid the stiff neck was a prelude to the flu. Which led to the Sudocrem because I burned my neck with tiger balm and a hot water bottle and the :o: is round.
Isn’t that odd?

5 Likes

It sounds like you’ve become a Sudacrem convert. That, aqueous cream and TCP covers a hell of a lot when it comes to general and medicated skincare. I think adding apricot husk pretty much finishes the main list: It’s a cheap exfoliator which doesn’t have any microplastics (And if you refine your own well, you’ll always have spare cyanide on hand.

Obviously always having superglue on hand as well is essential for first aid for reckless men. I think superglue has saved me from having at least 50 trips to A&E and ensured that my hands are up to 70% function after only an hour from inadvertently increasing the surface area of my digits.

3 Likes

Fester, as if we’d run out…

6 Likes

Hahahaha.

You actually used one of my nicknames: for being as bald as a flambéed eagle with a complexion which makes a Minnesotan look tanned.

7 Likes

One of my all time favorites

4 Likes

It is glorious. I actually have a book labelled ‘greed’ which opens a hidden door in Minecraft. I still want it added as the entrance to my private office.

4 Likes

That would be great! :smiley:
“We gladly feast on those who would subdue us, Not just pretty words Fester”

4 Likes

Gomez’s constant failing upwards was just amazing: I wish I’d own Crocodiles Unlimited!

5 Likes

This is odd
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker Signs Law Allowing DACA Illegals to Police Americans

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) has signed into law a plan that allows foreign nationals with work permits, some of whom are illegal aliens, to become police officers in the sanctuary state. Late last week, Pritzker signed the legislation into law which takes effect immediately.

In the sanctuary state of California, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) has made it possible for illegal aliens to become police officers on the local, county, and state levels.

6 Likes