What wattage do you vape at?

Is it safe to vape at that level, I seriously worry about his health…

4 Likes

Personal opinion here, not dissing anyone or looking for debate, just personal opinion.

I wouldn’t advocate pushing any more than 50w per cell. I’m a ‘safety-first’ guy and would rather not get a cell anywhere near it’s theoretical limits. Why the mod companies continue to produce dual 18650 mods that have a 200+ watt limit is beyond me (but I know, marketing). If you want to use high wattage vaping, get a quad mod, and regulated. Again, I’m not trying to impose my will, just giving an opinion.

OK, so I’ve been up and down the spectrum of power, between 8 watts and maybe 80w. I have settled into a build that’s comfortable at ~40w because that’s my personal style sweet spot.

9 Likes

I’m all over the place. Usually anywhere from 120watts to 240 watts depending on the build, atomizer and mod. Sometimes though, I like to pull out a kayfun clone, single coil, and run it at 30 watts, usually when I’m on a tobacco juice kick.

3 Likes

120 w on tfv8 tfv4 and tfv12

2 Likes

I think my taste buds are half dead. Unless I run what I consider warm, others would consider hot, I don’t get any flavor.

1 Like

I only go up to 240 watts on a @Whiterose0818 mod, 30mm rda with lots of airflow, .5-.6 build, and lipo batteries that have have a much higher amp rating than any 18650 battery.

5 Likes

.3ish build atop the Noisy cricket, those were the days lol. I usually sit around 90w mainly to conserve battery life.

3 Likes

“Molten shit spewing down my throat.” I’ve heard that one or twice!

3 Likes

I vape anywhere between 30 and 80 watts even though my mods go uo to 220, and 225. I also have one that goes to only 50 but I only vape around 35 on that one. The reason is the batteries. it is just not wise to do the batteries like that. Unless you have a whole lot of batteries to go through.

I spoke to a very experienced vaper a couple weeks ago that explained to me why he likes high wattage. He told me he would do like 180 on my coils that I built to be around .42 ohms. I was astounded to hear it from him. He uses mostly mech mods and knows his batteries, has all his fingers and teeth. lol

Thing is, it is a hot vape, I get that. But when I have messed with close to 100 or more watts. I am getting more of what I have been wanting all this time. I want a short, powerful blast of vapor without such a long draw. I may have to get a mod with more batteries if I would be comfortable with that, and also drip a hell of a lot more than I am accustomed to, to avoid some serious dry hits, but I think I would like that as long as I don’t build so low that it causes a problem with my batteries.

I do not know the math by heart, but if the mech users have been doing it for so long, then they have a point. I really want that powerful blast of vapor, but am afraid my regulated mods will not be able to prevent damage to the batteries at that point, if it is just a 2 battery mod. I will be sure to school myself on my batteries before I even push my reg mods that far though.

4 Likes

Get yourself a tri or quad battery mod with good batteries and then you can push that 100 watts with really good battery life.

3 Likes

Of course, there’s always the option of a higher Ohm build that heats super quick at a lower power. Eek, all the maths and the laws…

2 Likes

I like your style

1 Like

I usually fall between 100-130w at around .2-.3ohms but depending on the whole setup I’ll go anywhere from 70-150w.

3 Likes

It will have to be just at home for me though. I am a woman and use a friggin holster to bring my Smok Majesty with me out and about and to work, also I bring that little Aspire Zelos 50 watt everywhere in m y pocket as a backup, and to have a mint vape.

I think I get vapers tongue with my custard ADV and it works so well to vape the mint in between. After vaping mint, my custard is a whole different animal. lol

Those mods are too big. I have a bruise on my hip from carrying my mod on my belt. lol My 118lbs of self just cant carry all that. haha

3 Likes

The women above carries some of the biggest mods around.

2 Likes

Are you poking fun at me?
:neutral_face:

1 Like

Not at all. @VapeyMama has a couple of 4 battery mods.

2 Likes

Of course not. Super low builds are great for big clouds and hot vapes at high watts. But you don’t absolutely have to build at .15 to get a hot vape. It’s all about experimenting, like a 28g twisted parallel build at around .45 would be right warm probably at 40-50w. There’s nearly unlimited combinations, thanks to wire types, gauges, winds, ID, and on and on.

1 Like

Just one four and three three. :wink:

Does that make sense…? :thinking:

5 Likes

I have a Triad and that’s enough. I couldn’t do a 4 battery mod.

3 Likes