What would be your thoughts?

Ok…, I know everyone has their own thoughts and opinions about this COVID19 crap…, jobs are shutting down., some with pay, some without…, unless your an essential worker, no down time for any of us…, that’s fine & all…, I’m young & in pretty damn good overall health so I shouldn’t have much to worry about in terms of getting sick or anything (I hope). But my main concern is that I have close family that have health conditions and I take the chance of giving them this shit…, ok…, that’s a chance… a major one…, but how would you feel if someone that works in the same department as you., was around someone they think might have the Coronavirus & he messaged the supervisor and notified them & they were asked if they were running a fever and when getting told no, he tells him to come on in??? How would y’all feel?? This is just absurd if u ask me

6 Likes

It seems selfish on both ends… the employee and the supervisor

4 Likes

Sorry for the rant and all, and most probably don’t know me here, I’ve been around, just never got active in any discussions on ELR and I wanted to say something one day, so I had to set up an acc. But how is everyone today? Name’s Stevo btw…, I’m in the USA if anyone wonders…, Tennessee as a matter of fact :wink:

6 Likes

@St3v0 welcome

4 Likes

Thanks…, sorry for all the bullshit here, I just have a lot on my chest rn & I’ve been thinking about a lot throughout my night of work…

6 Likes

Hi Stevo, welcome to the forum :grin:

These times we are dealing with are difficult and frustrating.
I would be pissed at first too!
But… unfortunately we all have to deal with the bureaucracies that are now in place to deal with the situation.
You, I and others may feel this is not the best but those who are Managing the situations have to make decisions with the information/advice they are given.
Ideally anyone who reports this type of scenario would be tested but there are not enough tests… “monitor symptoms” seems to be the standard for this type of situation.
Unfortunately, the whole “fever” issue seems to be the deciding factor, in a lot of cases, as to whether you get a test or not.

Hopefully this will change sooner rather than later :crossed_fingers:

Be calm, be clean, be hopeful :wink:

6 Likes

Ha! You’re funny! :joy: You have no idea how much BS has been verbally vomited up here over the past weeks! I’d dare say, there’s nothing you could say that world surprises a soul here! Everyone has a story to tell. :wink:

Welcome! Perhaps some of the communication here can help you through the bad times and maybe you can help others. :wink:

8 Likes

To address your original post… it’s my feeling, the employer should be temperature testing everyone that walks in the door for work. No temp? … you’re good for that day. That’s the least the employer can do to make sure his workers are safe to work with others. A normal temp doesn’t mean you aren’t carrying the virus. :confused: However, the employer could act like he/she gives a shit!

10 Likes

Hello…, yes, times are getting pretty hard for some people from what I hear., I can only hope nothing arises from this ;( u only get one family… & in the end… family is all there is… Family is First, Family is Forever…
I don’t want anything to happen to any part of mine or really anyone else’s for that matter just because we’re labeled essential! We all need to go in for days… let this stuff pass over

5 Likes

Tht last msg was @Sevencasper

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick that are my thoughts on any of the research that I’ve done about it…, u can carry it without any symptoms or anything…, so wouldn’t the smart thing to do… let HR or hell, even the supervisor… tht ur going to have to self quarantine for a couple days or so, but tht is one of the problems with any generation above mine…, they don’t give a damn about anyone but themselves :expressionless:

3 Likes

Sorry my writing is so shitty, I work graveyard shift & I’ve looked back @ some of the things I’ve wrote & it makes me question myself… ugh… but it’s kinda hard seeing exactly what I write at times it doesn’t always show me what I’m writing at all​:neutral_face: I’ve got MAJOR anger issues and it first started a little while ago, so I threw the phone & cracked the screen a little :unamused:

4 Likes

@Kinnikinnick it is bs on employers part…, they don’t give a rats ass about ur life…, just the dollars they make off u

2 Likes

:+1:
We all have to look out for ourselves & each other and if necessary call-out things we’re not happy with (politely of course) to try & keep the virus to a minimum.
Some people just don’t seem to understand how this virus transmits.

That’s normal, Stevo, there is no simple answer to this virus situation. Well, apart from complete lockdown in every country & that ain’t gonna happen… :laughing:
We all see that everyday watching what other countries are/aren’t doing, unfortunately the world is a guinea pig at the moment :hugs:

Doh! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

If you think you come in contact with someone who’s infected, self isolate. Keep your distance from others at all times and wash your hands, disinfect the stuff that you touch, wear a mask if you need to get out.

Being in good health is no reason not to worry. Well, worry may be a strong word, but I just heard a IC nurse talk about her department… filled with 20-30 yo people with no underlying conditions. She was crying because she’s never had to deal with so much death and there’s no end in sight for her. The chance you end up in hospital may be small but this disease affects everyone :frowning:
Use skype, whatsapp or whatever and keep your loved ones safe. This will pass and you will be able to see them when this all passes (or when you get tested with a negative result).

Not sure where you are, but if an employer here cannot guarantee a safe work environment, they’re not supposed to keep you at work. Employers here get reported, first time a warning, second time the business gets closed and the owner can try an explain it in court afterwards…
Your life and the life of your loved ones should be more important than any job I’d think.

8 Likes

@Sevencasper young people don’t care for the most part though… they don’t really have a risk of getting sick from it, so they do as they please and don’t think of anyone that their actions could affect :pensive:

4 Likes

SHHHHHH!!! Just because BS is my specialty you do not need to incriminate me. Ahhhh, crap, see what you did! I prefer the BS pleasantly sprinkled rather than vomited up.

5 Likes

@anon28032772 here in Tennessee if a business isn’t open to the public it’s considered essential

2 Likes

Don’t essential businesses also have to stick to safety regulations? Sounds a bit weird if they wouldn’t…

2 Likes

What our staying 6ft. apart & wearing gloves that aren’t even provided except the fist day something was said about it

2 Likes