What would be your thoughts?

@anon28032772 ROFLMAO… :rofl:

2 Likes

If it is any consolation to you there is a lot of this happening. I have a Mother and Grandmother in the epicenter. I know there is a very strong chance I will lose them both. I hate saying this, but I have come to terms with that. I have come to the realization that life is fragile and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. This is going to sound morbid as hell and I am not trying to bring anyone down here it is just the realization that in the end we all pass away. In my 43 years of life I have been to 30 funerals. It is a lot, but it has given me the chance to accept death and to live the life I have now, in the now. I really live my life minute to minute, hour by hour, and day by day. I try to not let this affect me. Is it hard to do, you bet your ass it is. It will get easier over time. Time does really heal all wounds.

9 Likes

Oh yea…, & they gave us a respirator for when we need to be within 6ft of someone

4 Likes

@Skullblade789 truthful words…, although I had a bad car wreck back in 09’ & it really did a number on my brain… so, I’m to soft to think like tht…, now don’t get me wrong here… I think of things in reality & it just makes me cry thinking about anything like tht & with all tht u hear about this stuff can really drive a person insane

6 Likes

@Skullblade789 and I’m very sorry to hear tht

3 Likes

It can drive anyone insane. I am not saying my way of looking at things is the best. It took me a long time to come to this way of life. It took about 35 years to relax and start to come to grip with things. It took the last funeral to get me to just say screw it and live my life now. Would I recommend this to anyone, no. It takes a truly damaged individual to come out on top like this. I went through hell and back. Devil did not want me and upstairs said not at this moment.

5 Likes

If that’s how people think about it all, this will all drag out and cause a lot of suffering, emotional, physical and economical. Sad.
Glad to see some countries are really taking this a bit more seriously, and they’re not the usual suspects.

But that’s exactly the thing, you CAN do something about it. Health and safety regulations wasn’t invented to just be annoying and expensive.

4 Likes

I follow the CDC guidelines and whatnot, but My Grandmother is 93 and Mother is 70. They are both in the epicenter. At what point do you want me to collapse and worry about everything that can go wrong? (Like I said not the best way to look at it.) Suffering on an emotional/physical/economical level was my middle name for most of my life.

@anon28032772 Can you do something about someone in your family getting hit by a drunk driver while you are out to sea. How can you prevent that from happening? No, you can’t. You have to move along, carry on smartly, and follow guidance. Still does not mean my family is totally safe from the situation at hand.

7 Likes

Of course you can’t control the universe and all that, but you can make life a little less fragile.

4 Likes

Idk I almost lost my chance to live before and I am very thankful for my 2nd chance…, Idk I’m just very Family oriented and I don’t like thinking of anything happening to anyone… sorry :neutral_face: it’s my soft side tht speaks when it comes to my Family…, healthwise…, but put 1 of em in sum kind of danger & the devil comes out

4 Likes

I am so glad that you have that view on life! Keep it! (I am not being sarcastic here. I mean it!) I do not want people to go through what I had to go through. It just made me stronger in other areas and weaker in other areas as well.

5 Likes

Never be sorry at all. I am just trying guide you through tough times. Times are what we make of them. We can sit and stew or we can grab it by the cojones and run. It is up to us to make that decision. Just remember and I am not making a case for myself, there is always, always someone that has it rougher than you at this moment at time. Am I trying to lessen what you are going through, not at all. Stay strong and do what you can.

4 Likes

@Skullblade789 thanks for the helpful words…, I just wish & pray for the best for everyone & everything!

4 Likes

Just don’t let word get out that I am nice and helpful. I still like being the cantankerous old man that I am.

5 Likes

Lol… I appreciate it man, u have a good day…, I hope to tlk to u again sometime…

4 Likes

PM me if shit gets too tough. You are most welcome. Again keep it on the DL that I am helpful. Don’t want word spreading, I still got a reputation to maintain.

6 Likes

Alright…, I’ll keep tht in mind😎

2 Likes

I just started a temp job today doing exactly that! Stand outside a factory and check people’s temps on their way in the door lol

6 Likes

@Fishaddict420 damn… good luck & have a good day.

3 Likes

My day is already over lol just 3 hours in the morning while everyone shows up to work

4 Likes