What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023

That does look like a fine base to build upon. I decided to go down the Flavorah route, though these VTAs are fine choices.

I think you may be a tad strong on the Red Wine and adding Red Date (VTA) may help in getting to the musty note we’re challenging ourselves to get to.

7 Likes

Well fruit loops is where you lose me: I have heard of and seen them but never eaten them. My interest in sweet things is mostly limited to traditional sweets and dried fruits.

Having a wheel of pressed figs with a wine I made myself is a weekly treat.

7 Likes

That’s awesome. I’d say if there’s a market for a port wine flavored e-liquid or disposable vape then mix it up. Personally I’m not much of a wine connoisseur, I prefer creamy cordials and coffee liqueurs, though I’ve yet to find a good Irish Cream e-liquid and I’ve tried a lot.

6 Likes

That’s a good suggestion though I only have a few drops of Red Dates left. It’s flavor reminds me more of a raisin than a date, I used a whole 30ml bottle of red dates mixing a fig newton recipe. I’ll probably get more when I run low on enough hard to source VT flavors that I need to make a direct VT order.

7 Likes

I can understand the hassle of getting concentrates particularly after Chef’s became DarkStar. I think I’ll have to order directly from Flavourart in order to just get my hands on some of my essentials.

7 Likes

Today’s main mixing event was creating 2 bottles of Six Demon bag. I was asked to make one, so decided that I needed one in my cabinets too.

The raw spirit is a double distilled wash (namely the base for my Manticorium [a day to day herbal I make at around 19 -21% ABV) but put it through its paces until it is a 70% ABV beast and then left to steep with the 6 demons: I can make things stronger but 70% is the best percentage to infuse aromatics into a drink.

5 Likes

What pcts do you use when you mix with the clotted cream? Any particular blend (pg/vg) you prefer?

ETA: I have SSA Clotted Cream

3 Likes

I dont have that as of yet. It will be next order so i cant help on that one

6 Likes

That should be regarded as an essential in being regarded as ‘local’ in the UK.

6 Likes

The League Of Gentlemen and Little Britain has to be my all time favourite comedy shows of the modern day , they epitomise the total opposite of political correctness that I find absolutely hilarious.

7 Likes

As you said, being the epitome of Britishness.

Although, to ensure that eccentrics like me are included, let’s add The Mighty Boosh to make a trinity of comedy.

6 Likes

Just cracked this open after 10 day steep (May need longer), I think it is very good, all the flavors in the mix come through nicely, the toffee and Irish cream play very well together but I’d like a little more coffee flavor (waiting on my Flavrz order to arrive and will sub the cafe latte with Brazilian coffee and see what happens.
Anyone have any other suggestions?

12 Likes

Care to share what those herbs are and what the purpose of this “lawn debris in a bottle” is?

6 Likes

Yum, you just gave me a good reason to use my Ultimate Brown Sugar. I’ve got a mix that uses brown sugar that I can try it in, too.

11 Likes

They are rosemary, wormwood, wild ginger, star anise, wild mint and cloves. There purpose is to get you very, very drunk.

9 Likes

You perhaps got a recipe for that Smashie?..Recipe sharing forum after all :innocent:

8 Likes

I can do. Do you prefer a more modern absinthe and the resulting drink or a hyper-traditional one? The traditional is very bitter and potent: that’s why it was drunk with sugar and water.

6 Likes

Well honestly after vaping the 30ml tester all the way through it was pretty good but the cream milky undertone didnt do it justice. So it didnt bring the boys to the yard :man_shrugging:t2: It was solid but that did stand out a little too much in the background. So ill mix it again without it so on to this again. Not changing anything except removing the cream mu (ooo)

7 Likes

Hopefully it turns out better. Obviously it’s not a style of vape where I can offer much when it comes to advice.

4 Likes

Sorry it took so long for a review been a little busy. I can definitely say that it’s different. I like it though it is a little bready and strawberry forward, I usually use pudding base @ around .50% with a custard to help fill out the mouthfeel. It makes a custard more pudding like. At 1.50 it starts to get a bready note almost like a soggy bread pudding. Also I would probably come down to under 1% on milkshake base, it’s got a lot of malty notes but definitely works in building a pudding. The use of warm custard is really good, I also like that you used the glazed strawberry, it is a bit forward though. You might want to consider VT Strawberry Milk as part of your pudding base, it tastes like a bottle of powdered strawberry nesquick. It would work great to flavor the pudding because it will sit in the background and allow the glazed strawberry to sit up front. You could also try VT creamy custard 3:1 with warm custard though it may create a banana note in the background. Creamy custard tastes has a pudding like texture but it tastes like a mild banana taffy.

7 Likes