What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023

I’m getting into the swing of making only VTA blends with a rather limited palate (I think I only have 28 VTA concentrates, so tiny compared to my Flavorah shelves). As they are all Aussie, I decided to give them suitable names. Obviously you’ll only get bragging rights for spotting the connection.

10 Likes

Nice, I have everything for Big Rock, and it has a nice ring to it!

6 Likes

That one just lept to mind as a fun concept. I’ve kept the percentages low to start with as it gives me wiggle room and doesn’t create something too rich in the summer months. The three week steep is there as the Xmas Pudding needs time to settle and marry properly.

6 Likes

Ya know what, I’ve had that xmas pudding forever but I’ve never got the nerve up to even try it. but you had me at Coffee Liqueur…

7 Likes

Don’t know what the connection is, but when I was a kid I went on a train journey called All Aboard that was for school age kids and went to various places each year.

The one I was a part of went from Melbourne (Victoria), through South Australia and up to Ayers Rock (As it was known then, now called Uluru), then across to NSW and back to Melbourne. Entire trip took around 6 weeks and it was the only time in my life I got motion sickness.

Thought it was interesting that you used that name (All Aboard)…

7 Likes

The connection being places in Australia and the flavor company name Vape Train. Choo Choo!!!

6 Likes

I did work that out, after I posted… :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t…

7 Likes

Can anyone advise me on a good walnut flavor? It can include Black Walnut and Bitter Walnut if you should happen to know of any. Thx

5 Likes

@muth I recently received a sample of Black Walnut from VSO, on its own it has a good black walnut flavor with a little of a bitter finish but in a good way to me, that was a simple SFT. When I mixed it with some shortbread, double chocolate, fresh cream, and Caramel and steeped it 14 days it was fantastic, the black walnut was definitely the star of the show and worked incredibly well with the other flavors I went through 30 ml in no time and not once did I get any kind of “flavor fatigue”. It was very satisfying and I made a 120ml that is steeping now.
Hope that helps a little, I’m still a beginner so I haven’t perfected the fine art of mixing yet but I do know what tastes good to me :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You have 3/7 so not too bad.

6 Likes

I’ve been mixing up what should be a raging beast of a summer wine:

Burdock root, liquorice root, star anise, lemon and clementine peel, sliced ginger (including the skin to aid in a second fermentation), cloves and rounded off with two pinches of wormwood. Mrs. Squirrel called it Bear Fuel and I think this name will stick.

8 Likes

Sounds like a delicious addition to my injection marinade for pork, how would one get a couple hundred liters? :thinking:

6 Likes

9 bags of turbo yeast.
72 kg of sugar.
And, then scale up the spices.

That’d get you to just over 200l.

5 Likes

We’ll darn! I was hoping someone would do the work for me and if you give me a few minutes I’ll come up with many excuses why I can’t do it.

5 Likes

Oh, I tend to do the hard work and then charge others to make it simpler.

6 Likes

Sounds like something that would work for me but, of course, it has to be VTA :cry:

8 Likes

If it has to be a VTA Walnut, when why not opt for Walnut (VTA)? It’s a decent nut base and does a good job at emulating the earthy macadamia notes to give a rounded walnut taste.

7 Likes

I have a barely used 10 ml bottle of VTA Walnut if you are interested.

6 Likes

00JiM2's June Juice

Ingredient %
Botanical Gin (VTA) 1.50
Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 0.25
Jasmine (Gelsomino) (FA) 0.60
Juicy Pear (OOO) 1.50
Mango (Flavorah) 1.00
Natural Mint (WG) (INAWERA) 0.20
Pink Raspberry (Molinberry) 0.50
Strawberry Swirl (Purilum) 2.20
Yakima Hops (Flavorah) 1.00

Flavor total: 8.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
9 Likes