What your best idea for SFT?

I am having a hell of a time setting up my new rdas and so far the best I’ve come across for SFT’s is this profile with the single mesh strip? Is this right?,this wotfo rainbow recurve I just wicked everything tastes like it smells…which is burnt hair! It’s gross!! I am trying Cappella new fresh pineapple at 3% and I know thats not what it is to vape and my profile hasn’t let me down ever!! What’s going on??;do I need new coil? Am I not allowing my wicks to saturate long enough? Is it the China coils that’s what’s in then single coil? Or does …God help me…Cappella, new pineapple vape like burnt hair?but none of that makes sense either because isn’t “Wotfo” profile made in.China??And BTW I just got this new set up stash thanks to @Pastorfuzz that I haven’t really got into yet is there good for sft flavor??? all want to know is what this nasty burnt? And what should I use besides the giant piece of cotton each time on my profile? It’s OK if I KNOW the juice is good but if it’s crap I got to waste this size of cotton!!! Now I’m looking at this coil it is new so now I’m really confused :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Have you done a SEARCH in the forums here? There are quite a few threads on the subject of Single Flavor Testing.

7 Likes

I use an Asgard mini for testing. 2 things I see in your setup’s. 1- your mesh has hotspots, which will make everything taste burnt. 2- on the recurve, try spacing that coil and lowering the coil just a bit.
That’s all I got. I use 3mm aliens and CBP in my asgards :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mass made coils hardly ever made things taste good. Wotofo coils are probably the best out of them all in my opinion. There are a lot of coil makers, I can suggest some if you’d like. Most of my coils I have in RDA’s/rta’s are at least 4 months old. Way cheaper than constantly buying Mass made. Or, you can purchase good wire and wrap your own. Simple round wire is perfect.

6 Likes

@ladycrooks everyone’s different, but sometimes, less is more …

9 Likes

Did you mean to reply to Ladycrooks?

5 Likes

Yes, my apologies :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I use a Dead Rabbit RDA, single coil, kanthal A1, 3.5mm diameter, 22ga, which is what I usually use to vape RTA tanks. I know there are people who use complex coils but without putting cotton, they can take one or two puffs…

5 Likes

I just got alot of friends
Using custard premiumn(fA)
I am still trying to find out how I like that one, in my recipes and I think it’s alot. Like I been trying for a
B.S Custard and haven’t got, it where in blown away.

4 Likes

We were having an atty conversation on the recipe side and you mentioned you like mesh and also the Hellvape Fat Rabbit. Do you know that it will take the rebuildable Wotofo SMRT mesh coils? I thought you might be interested. Wotofo makes their SMRT coils to fit Baby Beast/Big Baby and any other tank that will use the BB coils like Advken Owl for instance. I’ve used them and I tell ya they’re the quickest, easiest rebuildable mesh coil heads I’ve ever seen. The only ones I’ve seen of their kind.

5 Likes

I have a profile2 wotfo i believe…but it’s in the bedroom now BF has to get up soon for work soon anyway it’s mesh but I been watching diy or die and alot lately I’ve been hearing mesh is not good for flavor? Is this true?

5 Likes

Also I haven’t been able to access this site…again …for 2 days

4 Likes

Not true!!! It is definitely different but not better or worse.
Mesh to me highlights different features in a mix.

6 Likes

My experience and everyone I know gets great flavor from mesh. If you can’t get your mesh wicking right it’s best to stick to premade mesh coils or the rebuildable kind like I mentioned above (Wotofo SMART coils). A bad hit on mesh is like a flamethrower down your throat, lmao. Anyway, no disrespect to Wayne but he’s not the end all be all on vaping. I respect his contribution to the community, don’t get me wrong, but not all of his opinions coincide with everyone else. They’re HIS opinions. That said, I didn’t hear him say that and can only go by what you’re relating to me.

5 Likes

It’s true I’ve mixed a couple of his recipes up and shook my head. Now I just don’t trust him. And this obsession with strawberry! I have a custard and bakery obsession so I get it …

3 Likes

Wotofo rebuildable coils will fit any tank that takes PnP coils, such as voopoo and Smok. I don’t use subohm tanks, I use rebuildable mesh for the Wotofo Profile line and occasionally I’ll use the mesh deck in a Steamcrave Ragnar, plus v2 and Supreme v3. I’ve actually not used the Smart coils, how do you like them?

4 Likes

Idk if these are even smart coils‽! This stuff gets super confusing…all I know is they tell me the best watts and so far they preform well I also have .13 mesh can’t find them tho…

4 Likes

The coils you have in the tube are mesh strips. They are marketed for the WOTOFO Profile RDA/RTA.

There are no such thing as a smart coil. They are SMRT Rebuildable mesh strips with cotton to insert into a coil body of a pod or a round screw in coil.

Third is the coils you are most familiar with is the wire coil. It can be a simple round wire wrapped around a post to more complex by using multiple wires and then fused together with a smaller wrap wire.

3 Likes

That’s just it, I don’t use subohm tanks either but @INOIROC and another friend turned me on to the SMRT rebuildable mesh coils. Mind you, INOIROC spins high end coils and recommended these. I think the flavor is great with those coils. I’ve tried the PNP tanks and the Big Baby which I had to borrow from a friend. If you can find the right type of subohm tank that you like I think it’s worth it. You’re always going to get great flavor from a vertical build with the air shooting straight through the middle like a Chimney Coil. That’s my experience, anyway.

5 Likes

@ladycrooks this is the SMRT coil and all that goes with it, the kit that rcleven mentioned.

4 Likes