What's the best DIY-recipe you've tried?

Yes, understood :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s so many recipes for Motherā€™s Milk here. Which one is the best? Ahā€¦the ā€˜subjectiveā€™ issue again. I also wanted to askā€¦ How do recipes get the stars? Iā€™ve been saving some with stars hoping to make some when the rest of my bottles arrive.

The star rating comes into play (one hopes) when someone has actually mixed the recipe you have made public and decided to rate that mix. When the original recipe is displayed on your screen, you then have the option to select how many stars youā€™d give that recipe. As I said, we all hope that everyone actually mixes the recipe as posted and takes all suggestions (steep time, etc) to heart, prior to rating the original creators mix.

2 Likes

I have tried quite a few recipes from fellow artists here and it is very hard to find an absolute favorite. So hard, I canā€™t provide one at the moment.

Hmmmā€¦ .thatā€™s a tough one. There are so many excellent recipes here. One of the latest Iā€™ve copied and love is
Grants, Ulysses (USA) Custard - by Blues

3 Likes

For real, this. :angry: It really irks me when people leave comments that say ā€œI didnā€™t have FlavorA, FlavorB, or FlavorC so I substituted these others, and I gotta say, I donā€™t really like it.ā€ At least make it the way the creator intended before commenting or leaving a rating. This hasnā€™t happened to me (yet), but Iā€™ve seen several recipes along those lines and it must suck for the creators. If someone is going to rate a recipe they adapted into oblivion, why donā€™t they just post the adapted recipe and rate that? (End of rant. :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

To quote Tony Soprano, ā€œWhaddaya gonna do?ā€

1 Like

LoL. Rant about it on the internet to random strangers. Then realizeā€¦meh, itā€™s the internet, and go puff on my lil ego and watch some youtube. :smiley:

1 Like

One of my current favorites is a Blueberry Vanilla Custard recipe that I modified from a recipe I found.
4% Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble (CAP)
6% Blueberry Extra (TFA)
3% French Vanilla Creme (TFA)
3% Marshmallow (CAP)
1% Super Sweet (CAP)
6% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Keep in mind that my taste buds are shot so I tend to go heavy on flavor.

I love it ! Thank you JoJo it pisses me off ! Iā€™ve seen a couple of my recipes like this and Iā€™m like well duh you didnā€™t make MY recipe dip $h!t

3 Likes

I am hooked on a recipe clone of Unicorn Milk by Curtis Burkel I found on the internetā€¦I have several but this one is so good I never tried the restā€¦lol

1 Like

Post the link!!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve looked for this recipe, canā€™t find it! Do you have a link to it? Or can you load it to the recipe database?

Very nice. Iā€™m so, so glad we have this site. I plan on making a bunch of the recipes that have many stars. Itā€™s also given me an idea of what flavors go with what. I have a tiny straw and use it as a way to get just a pinch (not even a drop) of flavor concentrate. Iā€™ve used it with some PG/VG on my tray and on to my finger to taste some of the flavors I got in the mail. I got the 140 flavors from TPA, and also about 30 more that werenā€™t included in that package, i.e., pistachio. I also bought extra bottles of watermelon and banana because up to now, my favorite mix has been Tropical Paradise which is Mango, Banana and Pina Colada. I also got my bottles in the mail and sterilized them yesterday. I got clear 30 ml and clear 15 ml glass bottles from a source at this point I would not recommend. They overcharged me on shipping. I sent them an email yesterday asking for a $24 refund on shipping charges. My order was only $50 and shipping was $48. REdiculous. I should have cancelled the order when I saw that at checkout, but I didnā€™t. I had spent so much time and effort comparison shopping and then choosing what I wanted on their site. Thanks for the help/info on how recipe stars are obtained. Nowā€¦Can you tell me whatā€™s the best way to post without always starting a new thread? Itā€™s as if they donā€™t want you to start new threads. I guess I should just reply to someone who started a new thread or reply to someone who replied??? On an old thread? Weird. But okay iā€™ll see where that gets me. Iā€™m a real talker. An old lady who smoked for 35 years and new to vaping with a lot to say. LOL. enough for now. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

@Joya; Start a new thread! Itā€™s perfectly acceptable and highlights your questions or comments about a topic; just take a moment and make sure your thread is posted in the best/correct section. Or you can use the search bar to see if your topic has been discussed in another thread; I use that all the time!

This is a forum where you are allowed to talk your head off! No member here will slight you for that or make light of your questions. I canā€™t say that I havenā€™t come back with a sophomoric answer to posts, but, it is all in good fun.

1 Like

Like @Jimk said, feel free. I havenā€™t been here long and have posted my fair share of ā€œDuhā€ posts already, but everyone has been super nice and helpful.

Another option, if you are in a thread and want to go off-topic but keep it linked to the original is to hit the ā€œReply as Linked Topicā€ button that pops up on the right side of a personā€™s post. For instance, someone says something in a post that you want more information about, but you donā€™t want to de-rail the current topic you can reply as a linked topic. :smile: Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Here it isā€¦ :relaxed:

Unicorn Milk-Cuttwood
By Curtis Burkel ā€¦
(cap) Strawberry-14%
(tfa) Cheesecake w/gram cracker crust-1.5%
(fw) Bavarian Cream-1%
(fw) Sweet Cream-1.5%
(cap) Vanilla Custard v1-3%

Let it steep for a couple days until it turns to
honey color ā€¦

Editā€¦I found this on the internetā€¦Steep time is crucialā€¦worth the wait! Enjoy!
Tastes excellent on my sub ohm coilsā€¦
I also use TPA Ripe Strawberryā€¦because itā€™s my favoriteā€¦

3 Likes

I wonder if custard v2 would work ā€¦I have everything else

Iā€™m not sureā€¦ I have it but havenā€™t really played with it yetā€¦I used different brands of flavoring then the OP because I like certain brands over othersā€¦and it worked out wellā€¦so give it a shotā€¦might be really goodā€¦

Iā€™ll give her a go!! Thanks Deb

1 Like