What's your weirdest most regretted flavors you've ever bought?

Jack Johnson ?? The boxer?

5 Likes

I don’t know mate, Fresh03 didn’t say in the recipe description.

5 Likes

Who the hell vapes roast chicken? Lol
Guess some ARE really just for chefs.
I still remember trying to vape “Capsicum” must’ve choked for an entire hour begging asking myself “why did I do that??!!”

10 Likes

Early in my DIY journey, I tried Hangsen Arabic Tobacco. A very strong, spicy, Arabic tobacco. Not knowing what percentage to try for my initial SFT, I chose 10%. (I think 2% is closer to norm)

I’m still waiting for my nose hairs to grow back.

10 Likes

@ladycrooks you need to meet @Bob_Bitchen.

7 Likes

Each to their own and good luck to the bloke but @@@@ me that recipe is something else!

He must have been hungry when he thought of it or something.
I’m with @ladycrooks and am in the who in the hell boat.

4 Likes

@Bob_Bitchen has some GREAT recipes. SOME, for the not faint of heart, and many of the others, for just EVERYONE.

7 Likes

I agree! Even used at low %’s it’s terrible!

7 Likes

Gremberry Farms gave me a freebie in one of my orders… for Halloween…Chicken Gizzard. Yea…that one got tossed. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

You gotta be kidding?!!! Blech. Just curious, did you open the bottle and smell it? SFT it? You probably need some onion with that.

5 Likes

Bitchen is a great mixer.

4 Likes

When I started it was so popular but I didn’t understand why. I was disappointed. I did manage to find some others that were better, though.

5 Likes

Not weird or regretted but when I first used FA Cardamon I overpoured thinking the more the better. Couldn’t be more wrong. I destroyed about 300mls of juice.

6 Likes

Years ago, Frank from Wonder Flavours sent out either a contest or flavours that his lab would make for sale.

I wanted a Saskatoon Berry Concentrate…

It was made…

While I loved it at the time, I think the novelty of having a flavour that I had suggested come true made me think I liked it a lot more than I did.

I was given a 120ml for free, but with the strength you need to use it at would flavour every single bottle of juice ever made.

It’s not quite what I imagined and I’m sure it’s had some recipes that were pretty good, but I just couldn’t jive with it after the novelty wore off, haha.

8 Likes

And I still don’t understand it. I know taste is subjective and all that but I just can’t get my head around it, maybe there is something in it that we pick up on that others don’t but I personally find it quite obnoxious.

5 Likes

We should be buying all the flavours that Youtubers tell us, it says “Must Have” in their videos after all.

Welcome to ELR

5 Likes

I think it’s more hype from Internet personality’s that say wow this is better than company “X”.
People have argued with me that I shouldn’t use INW biscuit and how great the biscuit from flavor jungle is ( new at time). Now you never hear it mentioned in recipe’s today. All I could do was SMH.

6 Likes

I could smell it without opening. :tired_face: good for cooking I suppose lol

6 Likes

Well, it’s described as a tobacco with caramel and vanilla. I taste none of that and I too find it astringent. I’ve used other RY4s but only as supporting elements.

5 Likes

Good grief!

4 Likes