Which apple pie?

Whats everyones favorite apple pie?

Cappella v2 at 20 % is amzing

1 Like

My ADV is an apple pie mix. I use FlavourArts Apple Pie in it and love the stuff. It’s also very good as a stand alone mix at 3%

2 Likes

Wow 3 % is flavour art alot more concentrated

Yes, a lot more. A lot of their stuff I mix even lower than that.

1 Like

I mix my own with Fuji Apple (FA), it is my goto for apple flavorings.

@Shaner do you know if the apple used in their apple pie flavoring is Fuji? If not ill have to order it and give it a try. My dutch apple pie is decent but not quite there yet, if it contains Fuji i may scrap mine and give it a go.

1 Like

Ken I don’t believe so but I’m not 100% sure so don’t hold me to it.
In HICs notes he says If you want a classic American apple pie flavor, you’ll need to mix FA Fuji or another brand’s apple flavor and Cinnamon Ceylon with it…
So if he is saying to add Fuji to it then it probably doesn’t have any or just a little.

1 Like

@Ken_O_Where what company does the dutch apple pie flavor and how is it? Im looking to do an apple pie recipe or one with some vanilla bean ice cream type and was wondering which apple flavor/flavors to use

1 Like

I agree with @Shaner I know I’ve read somewhere that HiC and others use it for pretty much anything that needs a crust flavor, so I’m guessing it’s not real strong in the apple either way.

1 Like

I mix it myself, my own recipe. Id share it but i have been working on it to go into my line that i am gearing up for sales.

@Shaner Thanks for the input. I have never read HIC’s notes or recipes. I mean i have seen some of his stuff but im pretty heavy on the DIY thing. I research, test and note all the flavorings i purchase so that there isnt any expectation when i get to mixing with it. Not a bad idea to add a different apple tho, that is my normal thing using flavorings from different companies do get the results i desire. Maybe ill take a gander at his notes.

@JoJo That aint a bad idea. I usually dont use any flavoring with pie crust because the flavoring, along with graham and AP, makes me cough like crazy. I have to cure anything that contains it for months before i can vape it, not sure why that it. Ill pick some up and see how it goes.

I haven’t really read his notes either, but I remember reading through a thread on VU about something else and it was mentioned there.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it if you do try it. It may wind up on my list. :wink:

1 Like

I wish i had spent more time reading on VU in the beginning, it may have saved me much time. Right now i have 3 versions of my DAP curing, each with subtle changes. Hoping they will be ready for testing when i get back from vacation. I may just go ahead and order, if i dont use it maybe my nephew will. If i do ill shoot you a message.

Sounds good. :slight_smile: I haven’t done a ton of reading on VU, not a member or anything, but it did seem like any time I googled a DIY question I had, that was the top hit. They have a lot of good information…but they have a LOT of it. More than I have the attention span to sift without going OCD bonkers on it. lol

1 Like

Right? LOL. Id forget 90% of it anyways. Unless i physically write it down i forget almost everything.

1 Like

I enjoy reading his flavor notes but find my tastes differ from his by quite a bit. I also do a lot of reading on VU and ECF but agree sometimes it’s too much and the brain will go numb.
What has helped me out the most is to make a 10ml single flavor mix of just about every flavor that I have and see how I like it. I bet I have made at least 80 different ones so far and a lot of those more than once til I get the strengths just right, then make my own notes on it.
If I think a flavor will pair well with another one, or two, or three, etc., I will mix a small sample of those flavor from the 10ml bottles together and see how they taste.
Once I get something I like I can put together a recipe and just have to work out the percentages. I feel I’ve come up with some pretty good original recipes doing it that way.

3 Likes

I taste each flavor, 1 drop in a shot glass of water. I then write down its flavor and assign a number from 1-5 on its strength, 5 being very strong. I do this three different times and then average it out. With the notes i have taken at the ready i head to desserts recipe sites and look for things that would pair well. I also check flavor pairing sites, well i used to as i dont have to do so anymore. Even when i add a new flavor to my collection i can pick out other flavorings that will pair well with it.

There is a downside to using this method, there are certain flavors that i never want to vape or eat again. I used to LOVE grenadine and coke, after trying the Grenadine (CAP) flavoring i cant even enjoy a cherry coke. Me so sad. :frowning:

1 Like

Have you tried the INW TDM Apple? I like the flavor, its like a crisp red delicious to me. I’ve been using it at 1% in my mixes but could probably raise it a little.

1 Like

No i haven i havent had any apple flavors as of yet im still new to this all lol

I havent tried it yet but it is now on my order list, hehe. Thanks for the heads up.

I got some INW Shisha Apple last week but havent had a chance to try it yet. I will get to it this weekend since I have a few days off.

2 Likes