Which mods handle stainless steel the best?

I keep saying that I’m gonna start building my own coils and I think I want to start off with ss since it can be used in both tc and power mode. I was reading another thread about ss wire, and saw that certain mods don’t seem to always do very well with it. So, which mods have you used that handle ss really well (in tc mode or power mode, please specify :wink: ) AND which mods have you used that don’t run great with ss? Thanks!

Several will do VERY well, depends [underwear for adults] on your wallet.
If you EVER have an inclination to squonk, get a Kanger Dripbox 160W
If you want to save $10, get an iStick TC100W, if you have the $$$$, get a vt133

4 Likes

Oh, I have quite the squonk inclination.

4 Likes

Clarification: DripBox 160W will work with any tank/atty/dripper, you just also have the option to squonk.

3 Likes

I mostly use SS on all my mods without any issues, Ti is the only wire I’ve used that sent my G-Priv completely doolally, went bat shit crazy and hasn’t been the same since. SS has never caused me any grief.

2 Likes

What mods do you have?

I only use SS and Titanium wire.
I have more un-opened boxes[vapocalypse], but I use two DB160W’s and three TC100W’s all day long, every day.
TC or wattage mode…they work fine and kick ass.

2 Likes

I have the G-Priv 200w, Reuleaux RX2/3 , Eleaf Istick 100w, Vaporesso 200w Tarot, Reuleaux RX200 and the Pioneer4you IPV4…I mainly use Power mode but on the occasion I have gone TC they have all been fine :slight_smile::+1:

2 Likes

I have yet to find a mod that doesn’t work well with SS in Power or Watts mode.I always had issues when trying to run any SS on Temp Control until recently with the release of the latest firmware from Evolv on the Dna 200-133 mods.
My favorite mod for running SS is the SDNA 75 bar none.Honestly they built this for running SS by having DJLSB vapes tune it with 6 profiles for 316L SS.It is a wonderful mod that I enjoy more than all the others I own.
I picked up a Hcigar VT75 that I am going to load with these profiles as well but I still prefer the size and shape of the SDNA75.
I do like the DB160 as well but it is a little large for me to take anywhere but I use it whenever I can.

4 Likes

Definitely second the nod for the VT133, and will add the Cuboid 150 to it Both are exquisite for TC mode, as well as power/wattage (same thing) mode.

I would not recommend any (non DNA) single battery mod if you ever plan to build coils below 0.3 ohms though, as there may be risks involved (overheating, etc) even if you use quality batteries!
My Sigelei Spark 90 was supposed to be “stable” down below 0.3, and at only 0.27ohms (using an RDA) it had gotten way beyond my comfort zone in terms of heat. While it was technically stable, I don’t consider the battery and mod reaching 100F in an indoor environment that’s only 76F safe. I can only imagine what that might have translated to outside in 95F heat… So I can’t (in good conscience) recommend any single battery mod (again barring the DNA boards*) for low impedance builds.

Even though I have more faith in the Evolv team, I’ll let others with firsthand experience speak to the suitability of any single battery DNA 75/60 etc, as I have no experience with them.

Good luck with your quest though!

2 Likes

have to agree with Ozo on the dripbox 160 I absolutely love mine its the best thing ever imo…

4 Likes

I’m still quite happy with SS316 TC setting on my eVic VTC and VTwo minis. They’re only 75W single-battery mods tho, so no quad coils or anything nuts if you wanna vape for more than a hour on a charge. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Are you running ss coils on it?

I have a Cuboid, RX200, RX 2/3, Istick TC 100w and an Hohmwrecker G2 aa well as various other wattage only mods. Out of all of them, the G2 is the superior mod. It handles anything I’ve put on it and I mainly use SS316L (both single wire and Claptons). The G2 can be set to preheat the coil at 51% or 100% before adjusting itself to the best setting for your build. It can also run Kanthal in TC mode (I haven’t tried it yet though). It’s my goto mod and it satisfies nicely.

2 Likes

Beautiful.

You guys are so freaking helpful!

3 Likes

this, and the VapeCige VTBox 200 are at the top of my list of things to buy either this or next month :+1:

4 Likes

Before the latest Firmware came out from Evolv the Hohm Wrecker G2 was the only mod I had that would constantly work on Temp Control with SS.
I wish they would put the refurbs back on sale at Vapercube!

3 Likes

have you tried the code recently? I tested it a week or two ago and it was still active. G2REFB

1 Like

I only use stainless steel [316L] and titanium [T1]
There are two DB160W’s on my desk at all times with SS dual coils, one Tsunami 24mm, and one Velocity V2 22mm
.23ohm 445F SUS mode. Plenty of cool vapor and excellent flavor.

3 Likes

Did you put that wine voucher in the pic for me?! Lol

4 Likes