Which RTA to start with?

No, this is what I was talking about:

Thatā€™s pretty nifty. I got one like the red one, but I didnā€™t realize how big a 3mm coil was. Way too big for what I needed. But I was able to break a screwdriver that was about the right size and stick it in there. It works pretty well, but Iā€™d like one that was the right size. LOL. That thing looks like itā€™d be really easy to use and get different sizes. I might look for one around here.

This has from 1.5 to 3.0

Thanks! Yeah, that probably would have been a better option. Live and learn, right? :smiley:

I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but I understand Walmart also has them for under $8.00. With the coil winder Iā€™m able to wind sime nice tight coils, and the winding rods that come with it are 2.4mm, 3mm, & 4mm, plus a couple smaller ones that I canā€™t imagine using.

2 Likes

okay 2.5 months later I finally listened to you and have my 50w itaste with the subtank mini on it! The lung hit is MAAAHVELOUS! Woke up today took that first hit and felt like a lil kid at Christmas! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Guys, Gals, Iā€™m thinking of adding RTAs to my inventory and possibly one for personal use. I am considering the following RTAs, please comment as to your opinion of which is the best and which you would choose as a 2nd choice. They will most likely be from fasttech and also clonesā€¦

1: Goblin styled RTA
2: Orchid V6 Styled RTA
3: Goliath Styled RTA

If you think there are better, please chime in. If any I named you think are not worth my time, please chime in. Be aware I wanted to add the Billow to this list but not available at any of my vendors or fasttech. Thanks for your help peopleā€¦

Goliath clone is good ā€¦the one with the glass. ( not fussy about the copper post but for the price I guess itā€™s ok . Orchid v6 is good ā€¦I love mine but theyā€™re cheaply made and the posts spin and after a while cant be tightened back down so if you order some get replacement bases at the same time . Iā€™d look at the silver play clone as well . I love mine . Maybe a taifun gt v2 or you can order authentic Aqua v2 which are a great tank/dripper too.

2 Likes
  1. Goliath
  2. Orchid
  3. Goblin
1 Like

the Goliath is top choiceā€¦ and have you thought about the billow v2 or do u already have one?

As I said, canā€™t find it at this time. It was on my list. I thought by reading threads here on ELR that everyone liked the Goblin yet none has suggested it. Thanks for your opinion. How about the rest of you guys, gals. Whatā€™s your opinion?

Iā€™d say the Crown but I know itā€™s not widely available and not popular yetā€¦ I donā€™t own a orchid so I cant comment, but Goliath and Goblin for sure. The Arctic seems pretty popularā€¦ Iā€™ve heard more about it than the Orchid. If it wasnā€™t for this forum I wouldnā€™t even know the Orchid existed.

1 Like

Sorry about thatā€¦ The Artic isnā€™t rebuildable. I would do another Youde before the Orchid though.

Or go with an RDAā€¦ The Velocity is gonna get popular real quick.

2 Likes

Yes, I knew. Itā€™s quite earlyā€¦lol

Orchids used to be very popular . Same kind of build deck as the goblin with smaller juice channels . Itā€™s so cheap though that people would buy them and Dremel the channels and drill out the airflow . I have two v6 first one broke as I mentioned in earlier post second is still going strong . I love mine and use it almost every day .

3 Likes

Sorry I didnā€™t mean smash on your tankā€¦ Itā€™s so many new and popular tanks out there and I donā€™t hear much talk about the Orchid.

1 Like

Lol no worries man ! I didnā€™t take offense . I was just throwing in my two cents . For 10 bucks itā€™s a solid tank for the money , and if you wanted to modding it to make it perform better is easy

2 Likes

canā€™t speak for the clone but I have to mention the silver play I have and use the authentic in my daily rotation and itā€™s a contender!!!
whatā€™s nice is u can use all the kayfun accessories with itā€¦but other wise it hands down the Goliath !!!

1 Like

I did just look at the Silver Play. It was different than I thought it was. I was under the impression it was one of those units you press the drip tip to juice your cotton underneath. Not that way at all. Looks interesting! Question, is it a top fill?

1 Like

Yes and no , I donā€™t think itā€™s designed to be but you can fill it without the topcap on if you are very careful . I donā€™t really care either way . Itā€™s a gr at flavour tank and it produces huge vapor as well .

2 Likes