White Whale Recipes

Eggnog bread pudding with dates AKA raisins :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Eggzactly….

6 Likes

You know every time I reach for the Red Dates (ahem Rasin)
I think of You :wink:

7 Likes

Its a apple

6 Likes

Im so happy this is making things challenging …lol

6 Likes

Hey Muth if you where referring to me. I’ve have tried a lot of them MB JD Whiskey, VT Scotch Whiskey, FW Whiskey, FW Fire Whiskey, FA Whisky, some unknown Chinese brand from DIYEJUICE.

5 Likes

As i had never tried any currants in an attempt im going to give this a mix tonight:

TB Jam

0.20% Candy/Jammy Wizard (FA)
0.16% Lemon (Silver) (MF)
0.35% Raspberry (Premium) (MF)
0.30% Raspberry Syrup (SSA)
0.40% Strawberry Jam (OOO)
0.20% Sugar Cane (SC) (WF)
0.50% Sweet Currant (CAP)

Flavor total: 2.11%

This will be near the 100th attempt. It would likely just be easier to make an extract but this is much more fun this way.

7 Likes

That there looks like a good recipe.

4 Likes

Yes, I think I was. I’m a fan of FA Whisky but not in an Irish Cream. I can see your dilemma. Did any come close?

4 Likes

Yes many of the versions I have built have been good though as they steep the Whiskey always creates too much of an upfront peat moss/oak note that basically ruins the taste for me.
An authentic homemade Irish Cream consists of mixing condensed milk, chocolate syrup, half and half, almond and vanilla extract maybe a light mocha/coffee note and of course Irish Whiskey. All of the main notes a full creamy mouth coating chocolate milky cream is easy enough it’s finding and dialing in the right whiskey flavor. It could mean using .20% bourbon with .05 fa whiskey it’s just trial and error until I find the right combo.

7 Likes

Yes, I was thinking bourbon would be helpful. I hope you find the sweet spot for yourself.

4 Likes

Has anyone been able to create Philadelphia cream cheese? Not the whipped cream cheese but the thick block one. I can get a whipped style which is more sour and dairy like but the block has like a sharp deep flavor i just cant recreate in vapes.

3 Likes

Are you BA sensitive, or are you using BA flavors ?

1 Like

WF mascarpone cream cheese for me tastes pretty close if pushed 2% & up. I prefer it lower around 0.7 to boost cheesy notes in yogurts and “cold” cheesecakes.

8 Likes

Can’t you just be happy with the whipped style? :rofl:

4 Likes

You rock, Letitia :smiley:

4 Likes

Im ok with a little BA. I actually like sour yogurts and such. As far as cream cheese though im a New yorker. Love me a heavy bagel and cream cheese

3 Likes

I think i only have ssa marscapone

3 Likes

Lol nope im a New Yorker . Need a heavy creamy cream cheese for our bagel and cream cheese

5 Likes

I get no mascarpone flavor from the ssa but it is a nice cream. I haven’t pushed it past 1.30.

4 Likes