Whiterose Custom Mod Thread!

just an FYI: most PWM mods have the 510+ going straight to battery+…the only one i can think of that doesnt is Big Als.
The board in this mod is the Micro Pwm v2 from Mod PCB.

3 Likes

PWM boards require dual 18650s minimum to power the board.

3 Likes

thanks, brother! Means a lot coming from you!

2 Likes

NOW it feels more like Christmas. I mean, after all, what is Christmas without Santa?

God bless you brother!

8 Likes

I got mine walking out the door this morning. I’ll get pics up tonight, but whole eee crap is it beautiful. You guys haven’t seen anything yet!

5 Likes

@Lostmarbles @Whiterose0818 @SthrnMixer Thank you all it is great to finally get a chance to drop in and be active again. It has been a very rough few months here with the loss of 3 of the dearest people that I have ever had in my life. My Father-In-Law was bad enough, he was truly better to me than my own father ever was. Then add to that 2 of the best friends a man could ever ask for in his lifetime all in less than 60 days. As it turns out settling my Father-In-Law’s estate has turned into much more than any of us ever imagined it would be. The man left no debt at all but the state of Virginia is requiring that every item be itemized, a picture taken and a value attached to it before anything can be settled. The greedy bastards want there share of his estate. We are only about half way done even going thru the house so far, we still have not started on 3 outbuildings that are packed full and this all has to be completed by the middle of March. Needless to say it is going to consume a lot of our time for awhile yet.

@Whiterose0818 Truthfully my brother I remember reading here about you teaching yourself the soldering skills needed so you could even start building mods and then coming back and seeing pictures of what you are now turning out is truly amazing my friend. Well done SIR and truly a class act. I have never tried a PWM mod but from what I am reading I may have to get one after all this chaos and expense we are going thru settles down.

11 Likes

To operate:

Read one e-mail, attach tank, turn dial a couple of times, never worry about it again. Refill, vape again, refill vape again…board schmoard… (lol ha ha ha ha)

7 Likes

:clap:
aint that the truth, though!!

4 Likes

Gimme Gimme Gimme! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just realized that. I wasn’t aware of that because the first 2 mods i built were a Big Al board and this pcb with the battery holder clips and the Murata regulator. Both have a 510 + output.

2 Likes

When you are ready, I will put together a completely customized, one of a kind, no other like it, bad ass mod, just for you, my brother!
Take your time…I’m not going anywhere!

3 Likes

Oh and just to make sure i won’t run out of stuff to do i just ordered 3 more iPWM boards, a few enclosures, sleds, buttons and 510 connectors. Damn you ELR, that all comes out of my sofa and chess time.

1 Like

Chess time you say? Chess dot com?

Absolutely. Username is ruebe_70. But i must warn you, i only play d4 openings lol. What are you playing there? I usually play 10 mins or 15|10. What’s your rating?

Blitz 1141
15|10 1205
Daily 1832

User name imthetinman

15|10 1309
Blitz 1115

Sounds interesting. I would offer a game but it’s really late.

I understand. Maybe set up a daily sometime or when I get home in the afternoon I will log on. Pretty sure you will wreck me at blitz and 15|10 but I love playing.

1 Like

My rating is only a bit of an indicator, I am very inconsistent and my rating goes upa and down all the time. Sometimes i have some brain farts or can’t see things clearly for some reason and drop down to 1200 and another time i get close to 1400. I am just on a downwards spiral again i think. Just lost 40 points the last few days.

Perhaps we should open a chess thread and see who else is playing?

1 Like

It’s been so long since I’ve played blitz that you shouldn’t have any issues, lol. I normally do three days so I can avoid the brain farts. But even then I can make horrible mistakes.