Who still buys commercial juices?

Back in 2012, it was very difficult to create your own juice,
nowdays, everything you need, its a click away.
Waiting for your thoughts…

6 Likes

Last money i spent on commercial juice was a couple of years ago when I was on holidays.
Won’t happen again, I just didn’t plan properly and lost a bottle. Now I just bring enough and in different bags.

6 Likes

I’ve thought about this many times. Looking at the numbers on the big sites/forums, considering the difficulty of making good, vapable juice as a beginner and then taking into account the number of businesses selling juice, I’d say the number of those who rely solely on diy juice is very small. I’d venture an estimate of 85-90% of vapers buy commercial juice.

6 Likes

Sometime i still buy one commercial juices sometimes but only because I don’t know which aromas to pick for a decent copy. Flavorist - Maroc Mint is the one. Epic taste but with sucralose as sweetener. Everything else I mix myself

4 Likes

It’s been about 3 years ago…and only 2 bottles of my favorite adv that I have been chasing. Before that, none since I started mixing years ago.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum…I actually liked Steep.Pop Deez and bought a few bottles a couple years back from a local Vape store that was closing down at half price besides that I also bought Naked POG bc I wantwd to see what rhe craze was all about that one sucked lol

6 Likes

Since I started DIY, about two years ago, I have not bought commercial juice …

7 Likes

@natbone. Difficulty in making good juices? not at all nat, people like me just copy the very decent recipes posted on sites like this by people like you &Co :wink: Easy peasy when surrounded by people who actually know what they are doing :joy:

7 Likes

Welcome to ELR @OddFogSmellsTasty. I get asked to TRY and clone FAR more than I’d like to, and rarely even try, so beyond purchasing commercial juice for “research”, about the only juice I’ve ever bought just to vape, were MBV’s French Toast, and Teleos Liquid S’mores.

6 Likes

Nope, just mix my own juice the way I want it. Before DIY I only really cared for one commercial juice that I ADV’d for three years. Most other commercial juices I used to cut in half with base because they were either overflavored and / or over sweetened.

7 Likes

Bought commercial once since I started mixing out of sheer laziness. Still in the cabinet a year later. Just too sweet and frankly kinda yucky. While I’m not a fan of snv I have found a couple tolerable mixes that are okay within 3 days when the lazy bone wins.

8 Likes

My all time favorite juice is one I don’t mix. I’ve been trying to track down what they use for years. I’ve got a couple of flavors that smell identical so I’m getting closer. It’s been a side hobby of mine and I’m really lazy at it.

I also buy Pachamama Fuji, and Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. Both are getting a little played out so I need to try new recipes.

I’ve noticed that a lot of mixers are against store bought liquid. It’s like they’ve taken a hard stance or picked a side. They’ll tell you it’s all horrible or just mediocre mixes smothered in sucralose. I’ll admit they’re more bad juices than good. When it’s good, it’s still good. Not all of it is terrible or over sweetened.

The one I’ve bought consistently for years is now about $9 per 100ml bottle. I’m okay with that and would pay more because I love it. My very first bottle of it in 2017 costed $28.99 for a 60ml glass dropper bottle of it. I’m very picky and things get sickening fast all the time for me. It’s the one juice I’ve never got tired of. It’s probably the reason why I gave up Marlboro Light 100s as well.

7 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
Last known purchase was around: 11/24/2014.
Dekang E-liquid Marl-bo-ro and DK-TAB flavor. I believe these can not be purchased again.

7 Likes

Sometimes, when i want to clone something. Its very rare though because most commercial juice is way overpriced and too sweet

6 Likes

Welcome to our wonderful community.

5 Likes

I’ll buy the occasional bottle but that’s on the very rare occasion that something really catches my eye and it’s in deep discount mode.
Some of the prices make me wince and most of the descriptions make me laugh.

Splashed with, drizzled over, hiding behind etc…

I’ll never buy another bottle of anything at full price. To be honest most bottles that I have bought for a good while I’ve found at best so so and ended up mixing concentrates or another mix in with them anyway.

5 Likes

I have enough of “my own” juices that I make that I don’t really need to, but there’s a wholesale vape store I go to because my nephew has a business and introduced me to them as an “employee” of his, but anyway, they move so much product that they have an entire side room of clearance juices that are slower movers and they just want them gone to make room for ones that sell, and they unload them for 2 bucks a bottle. I’ll pick up 5 bottles of things that look and sound interesting to try, and I use them to inspire me in different directions.
Lots of clunkers in there but I’ve found some gems too. If they’re horrible I just save the bottle and repurpose it.
Full price?
Hell no.

10 Likes

Last known purchase was around: 12/30/2016.
Velvet Cloud’s Strawb-Gwab 1/2 price. (Strawberry Guava)

4 Likes

I have a few favorites I still get now and then from a local shop when I’m being lazy and/or am tired of all the recipes I’ve been mixing… It’s kinda how I feel about going out to get breakfast… why would I pay a premium to make something I can probably make more to my liking at home :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Granted there are some “commercial juices” that I would love to vape 24/7… but ~$26 (not including shipping) for 60ml? I dont even wanna pretend like I’d be ok with juice alone costing more than my smoking habits used to be :sweat_smile:

The two I’ve really been enjoying lately:

The stupid good juice I wish I could afford (or clone) lol… :

6 Likes

Not bought, but won a few bottles after I bought something.

Sorry, forgot what I bought but there were dozens of bottles of the prize. None that I liked.

6 Likes