Who still buys commercial juices?

Agreed …

4 Likes

That sounds as if I wrote it. I have 2 flavors I still buy when I can catch a sale. I’ve searched the web for a clone of the first one and nobody comes close although they claim they have the clone. Most of the time I can tell by just looking at the recipe because I’ve tried myself. This too has become a hobby (obsession) of mine. It’s the most perplexing, bewitching thing. And I’ve come close to others but not my favorite.

3 Likes

… not gonna lie… I’m dying to know what liquids these are :crazy_face: :innocent:

3 Likes

I haven’t bought any commercial e liquid for a couple of years now but my Mrs occasionally buys me a bottle as a treat. To be honest I nearly always prefer my own and the thought of how much she has paid often makes me wince when I know that I can make a better version of something she has bought me. I try to gently tell her this without hurting her feelings but she still continues to give me these occasional “treats”. The only commercial juice that I am sometimes tempted to buy is my absolute favourite Suicide Bunny The O.B. but I haven’t succumbed for the last two years because it usually costs an arm and a leg.

5 Likes

Pacha Mama i tried before… Also a very good commercial one… Might try to clone that one some time.

4 Likes

Sure, I’ll tell you but it might not mean a thing as we all have different tastes. The first one which no one can seem to clone properly (or close) is G2’s CaRnY4. It’s described as a unique dessert RY4 with carnival treats. Has the best buttery rich caramel I’ve ever experienced in a vape. Released 2012. The second one is also G2 called Vazilla. I just love vanilla and this one hits it for me. Carny4 enjoys international notoriety and it must be a highly guarded secret or something. You might hate it for all I know but it simply befuddles me. It’s also a hellish coil gunker but I don’t care, lol, it’s the price I’m willing to pay.

5 Likes

If it kept you off cigs I’m curious as to what it is. I’m still looking for a juice my friend can try. It’s been a bitch trying to convince her to quit smoking and try vaping. She like a liquorice once but not better than cigs, lol.

4 Likes

Hey SD, are all MBV juices 50/50 now? Out of curiosity I looked up your French Toast and it has over 2,300 reviews! What do you use to vape 50/50 blend in? I haven’t vaped that blend in ages, not even my MTLs.

2 Likes

Every once in a while I still buy Cloud Nerdz peach bluerazz because the recipes I’ve tried just doesn’t quite hit the mark and this is my fav juice.

5 Likes

I only ever got it at 70/30, not sure if they’ve changed their offerings or not. They used to sell the big 120 jugs which was perfect, but I heard they stopped @muth.

2 Likes

I used to buy from them, too. I liked their Cinnamon Roll and SB Moo I think it was called. Back then you could request any blend and nic you wanted. They must have been VERY busy and I think they still are but things have changed although they are still dedicated to the cause. I’m glad they’re still in business.

2 Likes

Which recipe is that? I just looked but couldn’t find it.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry, Natbone. We were talking about commercial juices that we have bought or buy. I was referring to his old favorite, French Toast, by MBV.

3 Likes

No problem, it used come like this:
blue-Slushee

When the media and politicians started accusing vapor companies of enticing children, Propaganda changed the name and label. Instead of Blue Slushee it’s called Blue Frost now. There’s no cooling effect like the name suggests though.

It comes like this now:

I buy about 10 to 12 bottles at a time always during a sale. For Christmas I got 10× 100ml bottles for $82, so not bad.

5 Likes

I see, thanks. I tried MBV when I first started vaping but didn’t have much luck with any juice I ever bought which got me into DIY within two months. I haven’t bought commercial juice since January 2017, 3 months after I started vaping.

Last year a friend took a trip to the US and brought back a few bottles of DLLT because I had mentioned it a few times to him. He gave me one and after half a tank I gave it back to him. Lemon is my number one flavor but I couldn’t stand DLLT… :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Is it like a blueberry slush or sherbert?

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be a blue slush type drink. It’s not too sweet and sort of mellow. It took me forever to identify what I was actually tasting. There was one clone recipe on ELR and it wasn’t remotely close. I need to really start trying to make something close. I think I might have the tools to do it now but we’ll see.

4 Likes

Is that the Dinner Lady sauce that everyone talks about? I never tried it because I’m very suspicious of lemon (don’t ask). I can relate though when it comes to vaping some famous flavor and you don’t like it. 9 South Cereal Killer (Fruit Loops) used to sell for like $100 for 240mls. A friend sent me some to taste and all I tasted was stale lemon. And I loved Fruit Loops as a kid. So go figure, Idk.

3 Likes

I hope you get it. Sometimes I wonder if people’s clones are a representation of what THEY taste. And we taste something different. Does that even make sense?

6 Likes

I think we’ve all learned whether with juice or flavors that just because a million others like it…

5 Likes