Who still buys commercial juices?

I had to talk about this because I’m just disgusted with my experience. You know that juice that seems to be everywhere, Killer Kustard by Vapetasia? I was given some and thought okay now I’ll know why everyone buys this stuff. Well, I suppose they didn’t get the flavor too wrong but egads, what and how much sweetener do they put in that stuff? I thought I would need treatment for blood toxicity. And my coil was a mess by the end of the day. It was like Saccharin, awful. Does anyone know what they use as a sweetener in that stuff? I have very little experience with sweeteners and would like to know if I poisoned myself :rofl:
Killer Kustard E-Liquid By Vapetasia 100ml ⋆ $14.99

8 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ll take up a collection and send a nice bouquet to the wake.

5 Likes

@muth My coils go to shit immediately after vaping KK too. So much so I didn’t finish my 100ml.

My custards aren’t very far off that juice anyways- and use FAR LESS sweetener. :blush:

4 Likes

Koil Killer Kustard ??

5 Likes

Thank you, that’s all I ask :woozy_face:

4 Likes

That would be a great title for a review.

4 Likes

Back to the original question (Though I just read this whole thread and it was pretty cool)…
I buy commercial juices occasionally when I’m at the wholesale vape shop picking up coils for my armada of asian vape tanks (Smok, Freemax, Vaporesso, Horizon, etc) , and I usually get stuff that is “out of my wheelhouse”, for inspiration and variety, then use that to steer my mixing in other directions.
I’ll tell you what though, I would sure love to know how they made Vape Kitchen’s “Bad Mother Custard”!. That stuff was magical. My favorite commercial juice ever. I would even tone it down now that I’m more into tame mixes, but I’d love to get that recipe.
Anyone?

5 Likes

Can’t help on this, but you have piqued my curiosity now. Is Vape Kitchen the manufacturer?

4 Likes

TASTIEST SHIT ON THE MARKET

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting thread on Reddit. and another one here. I don’t ever buy a commercial juice, but this one i might (if on huge sale).

…they do their own extractions, so there’s way more work than just chucking 8 tons of sucralose in a bottle and calling it premium…

…They infuse their custard base with Madagascar vanilla over the course of 3-6 months. That’s dedication right there. And Chef Oren is an actual chef which explains his remarkable palate and wonderfu unique creations.

Chef Oren who is the owner and mad chemist of The Vape Kitchen is a classically trained chef who studied in the culinary arts in San Francisco many moons ago before chefs were ever known as TV celebrities. He also worked at a few well known restaurants here in Los Angeles.

Bad Mutha Custard - Vanilla VG and add that to our creamy, rich custard base consisting of 3 different vanillas, 2 complex caramels, 4 different cream/milk compounds and a touch of spice.

4 Likes

That is definitely appealing.

5 Likes

Thanx! Might have to look into that.

4 Likes

All of their juice is 100% VG and they use Vanilla VG as a base. :thinking:

It does look like an art:
Opus 1: A delightful blend of 25 flavors layered over a smooth and complex base of 14 day infused earl grey and Vanilla VG.
Opus 4: Warm and boldly toasted almonds pair naturally with toasted coconut and Spanish Saffron infused VG. Generous notes of cream provide a comforting and rich base for this 30 ingredient Vape masterpiece. (Reddit)

3 Likes

Wait a minute @Mikser is this the same line that Nicotine River owned, and sold back in 2019 ??

3 Likes

Wait What GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

That’s it! It’s even in your all-in-one-base-camp and i totally forgot about it! So it’s not that spectacular after all, huh?

2 Likes

Hehe @Mikser, trust me, I know all ABOUT forgetting what’s been posted where, why, about what ?

As far as how great were they ? Some were VERY good, many more were above average, and a few bombed for me. As a whole the entire line did seem different from other commercial juices I’ve tried, almost like they all fit into their own niche. Not in a constraining way, but just a fresh, and unique take on mixing I think.

4 Likes

You’re in very good company. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The one I’m talking about was the one from Nic River.
In fact you reviewed all of them.
Remember Thai sticky rice too?

2 Likes

I do remember that one …

2 Likes

Yeah, it was the “Penthouse Forum” of vape reviews.

2 Likes