Wifi question ( not vape related )

I appreciate your concern.This was definitely off topic but since Phil decided to make his announcement here I responded. Sorry, it has nothing to do with you or the topic though I know that you are a longtime member so I’ll attempt to shed some light.

Phil is an old friend that I think very highly of and I’m sad to see him go. Correction, I’m sad and angry. Its an old situation which I know, not think, the intricacies of because I was directly involved in it. Just the same, then I know that certain hostilities are misplaced. Phil didn’t cause anything. As a staff member, staff actions and decisions were made. He did not act unilaterally and indeed another moderator attempted to inform Lars. Like so many before him, he then quit. Then Phil left the first time.

@JoJo posted the other day in another thread how every moderator gives up or quits. True. In essence, both she and Phil were then ridiculed over a flagged post. Meanwhile the self anointed run roughshod over anyone they like and moderation remains non existent. Phil came back to try to help. Some people always have to be ‘right’ and can never leave things be. Like so many before me, fuck it.

This is my final post. I have not asked to have my account deleted in case a customer needs to contact me. Gamechanger1952@yahoo.com

5 Likes

So here are my speeds using the TP-Link on 5gz on the other side of my house…about 1800sq. I don’t know exactly how far I am from the wireless router.

I do have 1GB internet service.

6 Likes

I’m testing the eero Tri-Band WIFI 6 Pro, and it’s a smoker. Main hub, and 2 beacons…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085VNCZHZ

3 Likes

@scifoc, 4-4.5 isn’t bad at all for 1G service !!!. If I was rich I’d send you a eero Pro to see what it did.

4 Likes

Wired i get constantly 950Mbps up and down. I’m pretty impressed with these newer TP-Link Wireless routers and I believe some of them have mesh capability. I’ve found them to be a reliable solution at this price point for friends and family. The range is unbelievable. Typically home consumer networking stuff is crappy but these are good. You can do Openvpn if you have that need. The main reason I switched over is the crappy AT&T U-verse modem wouldn’t reach consistently to my fire pit for streaming music. Maybe 100ft from the house and another 150ft to the router. I’m bad with measurements without a tape measure. No issues now.

5 Likes

That is quite expensive. Interesting though. I’m looking at more at a Unifi set up long term. Those also support mesh. If I can figure out how to run cabling in my house…

4 Likes

Hehe, I have an aluminum pool deck with fence that acts like a Faraday cage. Thankfully the Tri-bands (with 2 5G freq’s) did the same for me.

3 Likes

Eero (and others) have many different kits, obviously higher throughput, more bands and MIMOS adds cost.

3 Likes

@scifoc obviously the Pro 6 is overkill for 100 Mbps, but gig is coming soon.

4 Likes

Eh buggers! It’s a shame to lose a valuable ELR member like you. I don’t know who the bad actors were but pooh pooh to them. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

@robin did you get the tech out to your site yet ?

5 Likes

No not yet. He coming wed morning.
If he cant fix it, are you down for a rode trip? I think you would do a better job. Ill pay for the gas. I think your only about five hours from me…
Just kidding
If the problem doesn’t get solved ill just buy the TP-Link router.
Ill take pictures when hes done, just before he leaves my house.

6 Likes