Will Trade vape devices/accessories for Juice

At the suggestion of another member of the community, I think I am going to have a contest. The prize will be a mod+tank+batteries+coils for the member who makes the closest juice to the flavor I want.

Thank you VERY much for being interested in helping me get that flavor I loved so much a few years ago.

I just need to find out how and where on the site to post about the contest.

Mary

2 Likes

You need to figure a way out to how to taste test it tooā€¦ you sure you are up for this? :slight_smile:

I put contests for my flavor giveaways from Flavorah in the pub areaā€¦ seems to workā€¦
You need to find out what your rules are, as well as which manufacture etc you are aiming for.
What works for both your budget and your mouth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bob Bitchen, give this guy some steak and green beans

5 Likes

Smoky, I just sent a message to Lars, one of the Admins, after reading the ā€œrulesā€ for Contests and Giveaways.
I plan to ask anyone that wants to enter the contest to make up a batch of the flavor I am looking for (and I will provide a more exact description of the flavors). I will taste test them all using RDAs at the same time, so steeping time will be required. I can even do the taste testing on video and post it on this site. Whomever makes the closest match to what I am looking for (in my opinion) will win a full setup. We carry most of the top national brands of hardware, so the winner will be able to choose from several devices and tanks/RDAs/RDTAs. The prize will also include batteries and coils.

So once I get the OK to post the contest, you should see the details.

Thank you so VERY much for your messages and advise.

Mary

PS, We have 5 Tesla 80 watt mechs and 36 identical RDAs that we use for taste testing in our store. So that will be the hardware I use to test the juice. I will have to consult some of my industry contacts to get their suggestions on ā€œcleansing my palletā€ between entries. LOL.

4 Likes

Good dealā€¦ :slight_smile:

Coffee, crackers and anything spicy to eat drink or smellā€¦ there, saved you a question :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope it all goes wellā€¦ and I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

am not sure you got smokyblueā€™s point. Are you expecting competitors to submit samples of their mixes or are you mixing the recipe yourself? Even if the entries are to be shipped which involves costs on the participants part, they may contain flavorings not easily obtainable or costly for your goals. With similar contests there is usually an equal the playing field. The contest does sound interesting and perhaps exciting for some but these are things to consider influencing your rules.

7 Likes

@Todd_Shop

Do you have some basics like (Raw) PG VG and Nic?

Can people send you a one-shot flavor bottle w/ flavor drops only (to make say - 10mL) and you add the PG VG. (and Nic if you want Nic)

And mix them all to a standard ratio ā€œyou likeā€ say 50pg/50vg or 30pg/70vg or 20pg/80vg - PLUS - If they say it contains 5% or 12% Flavor or 18% Flavor? Do you know how to make them all the same ratio to judge them according to what you like?

I think just sending flavoring drops one-shots ( not ready to Vape) wouldnā€™t be breaking any laws. I could be wrong. :woozy_face:

Opps sorry @Chrispdx I didnā€™t mean to reply to you :smile:

3 Likes

Have you had a liquid that was close to what your looking for , at least something people can buy that would get someone an idea ???

4 Likes

Good point @fidalgo_vapes

@Todd_Shop
Or even an existing ELR recipe that is semi-close to what your looking for? So we have a clue to what Brand Flavorings might have been uses in the original.

4 Likes

Ya for some reason this profile has me interestedā€¦ I donā€™t like booze flavors but I think this would make a nice after dinner vapeā€¦ I already Have 4 or 5 simple recipes twirling arou d in my headā€¦

4 Likes

Also id like to know how sweet the original is ā€¦ 4 to 5 years ago juices were over the top sweet , and A lot of us dont use sweetener so im not sure without knowing how sweet it is anyone would nail this recipe

4 Likes

Yea interesting.

Opps I just noticed this :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Yes I seen that so the OP is in for a lot of questions lol

6 Likes

Didnt mean to dampen the mood if i did by posing the questions. I think you will find we get more outta simply trying to steer u in the right direction w/ a recipe that u can mix on your own then being involved in a contest. The profile does look cool and did ponder something similar i could do myself w/ limited flavors atm.

5 Likes

My first thought is to go with VCV1 and not creme brulee anyone thinking that route with a butterscotch/ caramel combo , bourbon either FLV , RFSC aged bourbon or INW vanilla bourbon but really thinking of the RFSC with a couple drops of FLV bourbon , blackberry really low ā€¦

4 Likes

even w/ the inw creme brulee i see many adding vc v1 anyhow in their bases. Things like that i always think well why bother w/ it to begin with :laughing:

2 Likes

Ya Iā€™m almost certain The TPA Vc or Caps was used and the description said Creme brulee just bc it sounds better for a descriptionā€¦

4 Likes

i caught a creme brulee base while back on reddit, saw how much sweetner and 'mellow was in it and laughed

4 Likes

I bet ā€¦ Speaking of MM maybe toasted marshmallow would work to sweeten , fluff and get that light toasted note hmmmm

4 Likes

Omg its midnight and I have to go paint a couple rooms tmrw at work :frowning: ā€¦ 6am is going to roll around quickā€¦have a good night worm and @Freddie3

4 Likes