Will Trade vape devices/accessories for Juice

So, after reading the rest of the post, it appears you have an answer to your question? It also looks like people are working on it already.

4 Likes

Never seen that woozy face emoji before, OMG hilarious

3 Likes

Hey everybody, I feel like I should be the one to bring this up since Iā€™m the one that suggested a contest.

Logistically it seems like a nightmare but thatā€™s beside the point I want to make. First, let me say that I think it would be better for us to give her some examples of recipes and she can mix it herself. It isnā€™t hard.

I am not sure there is a tactful way to say this but there are a couple of things that are bothering me. I say this because I was talking with a friend that sells their liquid to vape shops. I only mention that part because it is relevant to the discussion.

Anywho, I was asking him about this liquid I was thinking about making. Obviously, he wanted to know the details because he knows I donā€™t like the taste of alcohol and was wondering why I wanted an alcohol eliquid. So I told him about this thread and how I thought it would be better as a contest blah blah blah.

Like I said, this friend of mine is savvy and he chuckled. " what?" I ask him. Well, he says. I donā€™t trust her. ā€œeh?ā€ was my response and he started to tell me what he goes through when he calls or goes into a vape shop to sell his wares. There are always people trying to get something for nothing or for as little as possible. Yā€™all know what I mean. We have all seen it.

I wonā€™t go into the whole conversation but I will leave yā€™all with two salient points.

• If she doesnā€™t own a vape shop think about it a bunch of people send juice to you for you to vape and judge a winner - free juice for a long time for the cost of a mod and a rda/rta deal of a lifetime for her.
  • Flipside she does own a vape shop and gets a fully developed recipe that would cost between $500 and $2k if she employed a professional mixer to develop start to finish - all for the cost of a mod and a rda/rta deal of a lifetime for her.

I am not saying it is like this, one way or another. I think we should be careful.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hello Dan,

I personally had two reactions to your post.

1. What an asshole! HE made the suggestion about a contest when all I asked for was to give someone hardware or accessories for making me 120ml of a juice called Conundrum by Marquee Vapes (actually it is a line of juice made by Capt Amsterdam)!
  2. This guy is a HOOT! He suggests a contest then thinks Iā€™m a scammer. LOL.

I am not obliged to ā€œdefendā€ myself, but I will. Here is my business card. If thatā€™s not enough ā€œproofā€, check us out online. We are in Yelp, Facebook, Instagram, and Google.

An obviously YOU donā€™t have a clue about what it costs to Commercially SELL a juice after it is ā€œdevelopedā€. I have absolutely no aspirations to become a manufacturer of vape juice. What I would have to do to get registered with the FDA, and every other aspect of manufacturing juice for just 1 flavor is ridiculous.

And since you are such a skeptic, I really donā€™t think you should even consider participating in the contest.

I thought this was a nice community. Here I am, after just 4 days in the ā€˜groupā€™ and you think Iā€™m a scammer. What BS!

Mary

4 Likes

Dan,
BTW, I am not much of a drinker. One or two glasses of wine a month. And I donā€™t think I have EVER tried cognac. I only mentioned it because the original manufacturer described the flavor as ā€œA cognac creme brulee with a hint of berryā€ .
All I wanted was an attempt to get the original flavor of the juice as it was my favorite for a few years (I have been vaping for 5+ years).

MT

4 Likes

Freddie,

I have mentioned before that I have never mixed juice. I have never had any interest in it. The ONLY reason why I even asked if someone would make this juice for me was because it was my favorite flavor until it stopped being manufactured. I believe that was over 2 years ago, more or less.

And now that Dan_the_Man has suggested I might be a scammer, and Lars has not replied to my request to have a contest (per the rules for contests and giveaways), I may just give up on this and move on. I have a full plate running a small business.

Thanks for the nice messages, suggestions, etc.

Mary

3 Likes

Fidalgo,

I personally have no idea what cognac tastes like. I never thought the flavor I want tasted like alcohol, but the original manufacturer described it as ā€œa cognac creme brulee with a hint of berryā€.

BUT, since Dan_the_Man thinks Iā€™m a ā€œscammerā€ and Lars has not replied to my request to have a contest, I may just blow this idea off. Really sorry, but I have a very full life just managing a vape store and donā€™t need BS.

Mary

4 Likes

You may think that @Dan_the_Man came off as an asshole but all it was is realistic. Sadly that the mentality you have to have nowadays to avoid being taken advantage of. Like i stated, i believe more peps be happy to help without the effort of submitting samples. But as far as helping you there are still those unanswered questions.

7 Likes

(This reply was started this morning and posting just now. i wish Iā€™d had the time to finish it before Mary respondedā€¦)

I do trust her. Just a little google-fu brought me to her lilā€™ vape shop on the mountain in Big Bear. The shop appears to be strictly resale, with no house line of juices.

Her reviews are solid and she appears to be a very nice lady who happens to have a hankerinā€™ for a juice that no longer exists.

Now this is the part Iā€™m adding now that Iā€™ve read @Todd_Shopā€™s response:

A little bit of searching could have avoided some hard feelings. This was a very innocent request that got put off by skepticism. I understand this skepticism comes from seeing some shifty stuff happening, but I donā€™t think it was necessary here.

Mary, Iā€™m going to whip something up in a similar flavor profile and send it your way, no contest needed.

I hope you understand where the negative thought process came from and even though you didnā€™t deserve it, it came from a place of love and community. Like big brothers protecting their family and stuffā€¦ I donā€™t think anyone directly accused you of being a scammer, just a lot of what-if-it-could-beā€™s and caution.

10 Likes

I know and I am sorry for that, truly. I should have waited to see how it all played out and I probably wouldnā€™t have had to say anything.

Truth.

It is a nice community. I hope you donā€™t judge the whole community because of one A-hole. As you put it. We (as you say, not me) can still help you with your endeavor.

As far as I can remember, I donā€™t recall anybody ever asking to make a juice for them. Usually, it is a beginner asking for help but as you say, you have no interest in learning. I found it strange and acted accordingly. I love this community a lot and will do what I think is best to protect it and the people within.

9 Likes

Whoa this thread blew upā€¦ Iā€™m not going to get in the middle of the most recent posts except to say that @Dan_ the_man has apologized and I hope you can put this in the past , I do understand why he could think this way , we have had many people come across the forum and act in shady ways , I do not believe your intentions were foul in any way , the gesture of the contest was a cool idea and I ty for that ā€¦looks like @Plunderdrum is going to try to nail something for you , and Iā€™ll try to do the same ā€¦ I am wondering what @Plunderdrum is using for the alcohol note ???

8 Likes

@Todd_Shop is there in liquid that you know of that is a similar profile ??? Something on the market today ? Oh and how sweet was this juice say compared to Naked Sweetness or steep pop deez ??? The hawaiin pig and steep pop deez are sweet imo

5 Likes

I was thinking since cognac is made from grapes, a touch of Grape MF with Aged Bourbon Cream RFSC, some Creme Brulee RFVG, Burnt Sugar NF, and a few Berries in the background should come close.

5 Likes

Awesome I have my mind set on the aged bourbon as well , in my cart as we speak ( type) ā€¦that burnt sugar sounds like a smart move , I wonder how it would mix with a vanill custard , I only have INW creme brulee and am not a fan

4 Likes

As this ā€œdiscussionā€ is a moot point if a site Admin doesnā€™t give me the OK to have a contest. After you suggested it, I was excited that I could possibly get that flavor againā€¦for me and my son, who also loved it.

However, since I have no clue about mixing juice, and several folks have said they need much more info, this was probably a bad idea.

So if ANYONE wants to try to make a rich, creamy, decadent creme brulee flavor that is better than Vapetasiaā€™s Killer Kustard, and every other rich, creamy flavor Iā€™ve ever tried, feel free. I WILL send you compensation in the form of hardware. Just give me a clue what it costs to make it, and I will HONESTLY send hardware in that value, whether it be a tank, RDA, or even a mod if itā€™s costs a lot. Again, I not only have never mixed juice, but I only have a slight idea how much it costs for flavors. We do some business with Midwest distribution, and I have notice that they have, or used to have, flavors for diyers. I also have a slight clue how much both PG and VG is, from having an account with NicRiver.

And I donā€™t need a 100 or 120ml. A 30ml would be appreciated. If I totally love the juice, I will likely ask whomever made it to make more and will definitely pay for it in either cash or hardware (since we do have a lot of hardware). And since I am a store owner, I will contact the manufacturers of flavors folks are talking about and see if theyā€™d like to send me some ā€œsamplesā€. I will send some of those to anyone who makes me a juice if they want.

Here is the mailing and physical address of the store.

Todd Shop - Big Bear Vape Essentials
512 W Big Bear Blvd, #363
Big Bear City, CA 92314

I accept your apology because the world IS full of scammers. I never meant to cause such a stir on this site. I am new to this type of website and thought maybe someone could make me that flavor that really was my favorite for quite some time.

My bad.

Mary

7 Likes

@Todd_Shop

I hope all is good with you.

Like @Plunderdrum I think a few of us found your shop from your profile page on the recipe side, before you posted it.

Anyhows. I was interest in the recipe profile, since I was mixing all day yesterday on a 4 different Cream recipes. Iā€™ll let them steep and add the fruit and booze later see how they vapeā€¦ Otherwise creams usually weaken/mute fruits if you put them in too soon. But I think I know a few good fruit jam combos that can withstand a cream and not mute the fruits.

Iā€™'ll watch @fidalgo_vapes and @Plunderdrum closely to see if I can get (lift) some good ideas for the Booze. hehehe

6 Likes

THANK YOU for the very nice message. I have obviously stirred up a can of worms here, and had no intention of doing that.
So I am likely backing down from this idea, that wasnā€™t mine to begin with.

Please read the message I sent just a couple minutes ago to Dan_the_Man. If anyone wants to make a 30ml in the rich, decadent, smooth creamy flavor, just send it to our store address. I will compensate anyone who wants to fiddle with this.

Mary

7 Likes

Cool they are like a few miles away from me. maybe I should look for a job with them. lol

5 Likes

The booze is a new one for me , the profile though was inspiring so ive ordered the Aged Bourbon and if itā€™s not enough ill back it up with a drop or two of FLV bourbon ā€¦ I do know a couple people who vape boozy things so hopefully they can steer me in the right direction.

5 Likes