Wilton flavors? (Actually Wonder Flavors)

I looked through the threads and coudnt find any information about these flavors or this company. Does anyone have any experience with them ? Can you make any recommendatons ? Thank you

Read the labels closely! And use caution even after the fact. Theyā€™re much like LorAnn, in that, they are designed/intended for use in foods (ingested). So they are prone to have a number of things that are not regarded as ā€œa good ideaā€ in the vaping arena.

Such as: sugar syrups, molasses, food colorings, preservatives, ā€œand other natural flavorsā€ (which I always regard as a blanket cautionary statement with respect to vaping).

This is not to say that you canā€™t find suitable flavors to use in vaping, but itā€™s a much trickier path to walk and research, since the brand hasnā€™t gained any notable traction in our application. (Folks have simply done more legwork on LA by comparison)

5 Likes

All the wilton flavors Iā€™ve seen have actual oil in them.

3 Likes

Ok Thank you so much.

1 Like

Ok ive seen a few recipes containing wilton ingredients and i wasnt sure if they started making flavors that are safe for vaping.

Hi jojo i meant to ask about wonder flavors not wilton flavors. Typo. Is there any threads about wonder flavors. I coudnt find any information.

1 Like

Iā€™m about to order a couple of Wonder Flavours - I think @bluenose63 has some experience (correct me if Iā€™m wrong bluenose :laughing:).

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a thread Hun

3 Likes

Ok great Thank you Lolly :grinning:

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in on this one quick. Donā€™t be so scared about this term. The term WONF or ā€œWith Other Natural Flavorsā€ is shown on a lot of labels. For example, if someone sells a strawberry extract but adds a hint of blueberry to get the fruit to pop a little, they do not list blueberry on the ingredients list, they simply say with other natural flavors.

You see this a lot on juice at stores. It says 100% Natural Peach Juice, then you read the label and it has Apple in it o.O

7 Likes

Do not use them.

1 Like

Itā€™s not that Iā€™m necessarily scared about itā€¦ Lol
(you know me, Iā€™m not easily scared -Iā€™m one who prefers diketones after allā€¦)

My point was, and of course correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but wasnā€™t that phrase created with the sole intention/purpose of opening things up (wiggle room) for manufacturers to obscure trade secrets (legally speaking)??

So when I say ā€œI consider it as a blanket cautionary statementā€ I mean it in the same sense as the phrase it was created under. Basically, given the system legally allows wiggle room, then unless someone (Lord knows ā€œJoe end userā€ canā€™t do it) basically works for the company and has access to confidential ingredients listings OR has access to, and the time and money for testing on a mass spectrometerā€¦ Thereā€™s simply no way to concretely say whatā€™s been bundled under the umbrella banner of ā€œother natural ingredientsā€ in any chosen flavoring.

I know that you personally try really hard to disclose relevant data, but I continue to view you as one of the exceptions to the rule. The rule in place for the majority of food entities (in my book) is never assume. (You donā€™t want to know my rule for drug or vitamin companies that use the phrase ā€œother natural ingredientsā€. Lol)

I also acknowledge thereā€™s legal limitations as to how that phrase can be legally applied. And not having researched it, thatā€™s more of what I was hoping to find expounded on.

I also believe, that a noteworthy percentage of ā€˜corporate Americaā€™ has a vast tendency and propensity for wanting to wander into the ā€œgrey areaā€ of such legal boundaries. But thatā€™s just me.
Again, the largest part of why I said, and chose the phrase ā€œcautionary blanket statementā€. :wink:

5 Likes

Just tried the Orange Juice flavour. Decent enough finished flavour, but not really able to form an opinion on the range based on 1 flavourā€¦

4 Likes

Haha! My badā€¦no idea where I got that idea from :laughing:

1 Like

Weā€™re on the same page. I wish for more transparency everywhere, not just in vaping industry, but also in food, chemical and other industries. I am also more concerned about oils, sugars, preservatives, than about diketones. And iā€™m even more concerned about ingredients in food/beverages and i wish labeling some substances would be required (aspartame or gmo for example).

But in the corrupt societies the money always wins and the laws are often made in favor of protecting the industry instead of consumers or their health. Since we canā€™t hope for regulation to solve the problem, i think the only way is that consumers demand more transparency by raising the awareness and by pointing out good practices and bad examples.

Hopefully, down the road many will recognize that hiding things from their customers is not beneficial for the image of the company and their profits (no business wants to be seen as shady, right?). Transparency is narrowing the gray area and that is always good for us, customers. Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.

1 Like

Wonder flavors are a must have in ur arsenal their glazed donut is the only one I found to not have that play do accent to it and itā€™s exactly what it says a glazed donut hands down. Also another really good one I have a lot of experience with is Tahitian vanilla cream itā€™s a very rich thick and creamy vanilla comparable to vanilla swirl but creamier and almost with a cream filling type of feel to it in vape form itā€™s awesome. A mixer I have seen use them in recipes and were very good is silhouette check out her recipes for reference. Oh and I hear great things about their angel cake I just havenā€™t gotten it yet

4 Likes