Windows 10 upgrade

Came home from work today and Firefox is still running. It appears upgrading the graphics driver fixed my problem (it appears, still watching). Now if they will do something about the Border Bar color problem I would be happy as punch. @daath you probably didn’t notice or are fine with it but what I’m calling the border bar is where you usually see titles in a browser, graphics program, ect and also where you will find the minimize, maximize, X (close) buttons. You can no longer set the color of this by changing themes (UNLESS I MISSED SOMETHING) …

1 Like

It can be done :smile:

1 Like

You are absolutely correct! And it is now done on my computer. Worked great ! At first I thought there was a small problem since in firefox it cut just a smidgen of the title bar off. I reset the title bar and all is well now. Thanks. Did you do this on your computer as well?

It appears that all problems I had with Windows 10 have now been solved, and quite easily I might add. Not to worry though, I still have plenty of work to do elsewhere. Bought the stuff I need to build a Magnetic Stirrer…

1 Like

I haven’t done it yet - I might, though! I’ll work with it for a while and see if I want it different :smile:

You’re building a mag-stirrer? I’ve been wanting to do that as well - but with an old coffee brewer bottom and a PID :smiley: I’ll probably never get it done :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason I needed the change was because I need to see more contrast in my browser tabs. See I use the internet for TV and use the browser from a distance most of the time. I use a extended screen on the computer which extends to my TV. White on White was very difficult to see from a distance. I got tired of paying for the same TV shows and Movies day in and day out, over and over again, A Long Time Ago…

Yeah, I hope to build it this week (Stirrer). I bought the parts so I better, Right…

1 Like

I use Plex :smile: Very happy with it!

1 Like

A little more than a month later and running strong. I’m impressed with this new Windows upgrade. I installed it on a 5 year old laptop and it’s running better than ever.

2 Likes

I’m having no problems with windows 10 either. What a surprise, eh! Mozilla Firefox with w10 is still flaky but that is on their shoulders, not microsoft. For once I feel like I can say MS did a great job in releasing a OS that was relatively bug free (at least noticablely). Who’d thought…

1 Like

DON’T DO IT. There is good reason Microsoft is GIVING IT AWAY.
Mac? blah. The definition of “liberal” is found in their model.
Either stick to Win7, 8, or 8.1…or better yet, use LINUX.
Microsoft is the responsible party for creating the multi billion dollar industry we know as
ANTI-VIRUS.

2 Likes

MS then… MS now.

The only problem with windows are Mac Users.

2 Likes

Uuuugh! It took me 20 hours(!!!) and FIVE attempts (including 4 different downloads) to upgrade…

What a shit-show!

That’s 20 hours I’ll never get back!

I run both Mac and PC on the same computer, so it wasn’t straightforward and technical support wasn’t a help (at all.)

The only bright spot was 20 hours of reading posts here on ELR.

2 Likes

I’m having a problem… If I go to a recipe and use the “copy as HTML” it only copies the percentages column. It doesn’t copy the other 2 columns there and it doesn’t copy the flavor total lines below the recipe. I’ve tried and tried and it won’t work for me. Also, my internet is very slow since I upgraded to Windows 10. I can’t live this way! I’ve got to find out what’s wrong and fix it. very frustrated.

Joya, I haven’t really announced this, but the new format of showing recipes is only flavoring, like so:

Banudding Cake

Ingredient %
Banana Cream (LA) 4
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.2
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 2.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4.3

Flavor total: 12.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

That was “Copy as HTML (text)”.

The reason is, that the rest of the information, while it looks cool, is not very useful. Some pay prefer another PG/VG-ratio, some another nicotine strength… :smile:

3 Likes

Apple IOS 9 Crash… This can happen with any new OS until the bugs are worked out. Just Sayin’

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=off&q=aplle+ios9+crash

1 Like

I ordered 4oz Colorless Banana Cream (LA) from Wizard Labs $11.49. I’ll be making this when it arrives in a few days.

2 Likes

I have this idea that you can add some tobacco to that recipe, and it will taste excellent as well :smile:

2 Likes

Since you guys revitalized this thread I thought I would re-read it. So…

Reinstalled 10 on my HDD on Aug 10 I think. Running ever since with few issues.
I like the Mail App included. However, there was an issue with it freezing. I found the fix. Go to control panel / region. Be sure to select your region from the drop-down tab.
Outside of that nothing really negative to report, but tons of things I love.
Groove Music is ok, but the limited features have me sticking with iTunes
Task view is awesome when you multi-task like I do
The “search the web and Windows” box is great for finding and starting programs and locating files. It actually learns over time and will place results you choose frequently at the top for repeated searches.
I use a 4 monitor setup and, although cheeky and just window dressing, it will allow different desktop background images on each display.
Notifications are useful in the system tray, informing with a single click when updates are ready, installed, or informing other crucial system information. If you don’t get a ton of emails, it is a good place to put email notifications.
I use primarily Chrome and Opera web browsers…Chrome only for when Opera will not display something properly. Nothing negative to report.
Using Windows Firewall and Defender along with Malwarebytes Pro. Keeping me clean so far.
Smok upgrade app works flawlessly

Nothing else to report really other than to say you may as well upgrade now and get used to it. Eventually 7 and 8 will go the way of XP with MS ending support.

3 Likes

That, plus Windows 10 is so much better than those.

2 Likes

I wonder it compares to the perfect and flawless IOS 9… :joy:ROTFLMAO!!!:joy:

1 Like

Its been some time since people upgraded.
Is it better? Is it worth doing ? Does all previous apps work? Or am i better off just sticking to my fail safe Windows 7?

1 Like