Wip 2019/20 edition

Looks good except for the vanilla bean. I keep it under .2% because it is an additive…
I think in the end… it will definitely warp something in the mix… but if you like it there… :smiley:

I also know when you keep things around the same amounts, you can get some funky happenings… keep notes on this one as it steeps so you understand what is going on.

6 Likes

I hadn’t really thought about that but that does make sense to me. I will remember that. It didn’t really click until I realised I kept adding 0.18 which is easier to hit at 0.02/drop. I quite often change % to end in an even number.

5 Likes

I think I am the only odd ball… I do not focus on the percentage side at all…
I use drops and find where I like my solos, and just adjust from there…

Knowing my drops are all .02g makes it easier to make sure its put into the calculator here… but on atf… no way… I have been asked a few times… and well… even here I sometimes have issues putting everything together and triple checking. might just be me… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Both simple, not quite there but showing promise

5 Likes

So I’ve been wanting a plum cake of some sort, you just inspired this recipe. Thanks. It needs some tweaking but it’s a starting point.

3 Likes

I like the idea. Tell me how you find the plum/oak milk combo.
Thanks for the mention :star_struck:

2 Likes

With encouragement like that ( and a really empty schedule for reasons) I’ll put out two more.

This is completely untested but I really like the way the cakes go and play with each other. Banana probably a bit high from finger tasting.

Ok, there I am into something. Needs balancing but it is pretty damn good 3 hours after mixing. Can’t decide whether ginger is making grapefruit pop or the other way around. Which is a good sign that these two want to be together. I love real ginger and am pretty much immune though, so be warned.

@anon84779643, did not want to crash the flv recipe thread, but did you try pumpkin bread/cinnamon roll combination, I think there is something there. Also, Persimmon spice smells like the best ginger from flv ( but I haven’t mixed with it). If you know a way of making flv ginger not taste like a bag a dried baking ginger, I am all ears as well.

4 Likes

I have… think cheesecake to bind them, with either pineapple or lime (I can’t decide, love them both) to help break it down yet bind the flavors together, separately. It is amazing!

mmmm Persimmons to me remind me of… do not laugh, but if you do, is okay… mushy kiwis… Kiwis are bright and happy fruits… Persimmons, are fruits too… but lack the bold vibrations of sunshine… (so therefore, to me Kiwis are liquid sun!) while persimmons are more sweet, laid back melty sunshine…

If you use Ginger… I use it like rich cinnamon… 1-3 drops in 30ml… its a spice there, and not an actual dehydrated ginger that sat in the sun too long… not sure how you are using it, but ginger is supposed to be soft yet spicy…

If you look here… this is what I am thinking you are thinking about…

Comb thru my ginger recipes and you might gain other help, with just the way I have it blended… maybe??

4 Likes

Also think of a ginger kiwi persimmon cantaloupe quad… if you add in a tiny touch of wild melon… its liquid sunshine in a bottle…

4 Likes

Might have sft’ed it at 1.5%. will try again lower. Wasn’t convinced when I used it low in recipes before. Hence the sft.

3 Likes

single flavor testing should be done from the lowest amount of flavor, to find where you start to taste it… then raise it till it taste good from that starting point… :wink: (SFT) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

btw… I can not imagine ginger or rich cinnamon at 1.5% as they both are considered flavors… but they are additives… just like pucker… is not a tobacco… but a way to add pucker, or tang to your mix :wink:

Add bar back bitters to that short list too… :smiley:

2 Likes

Add some notes on elr then :slight_smile: I for one would be grateful. I try to do so when I can myself. Probably will do a big batch at some point soon from the 30 odd experiments of the past couple weeks.

I do use your recipes as an indication quite a lot of the time. That said, I think you’d do a better job reeling people in with simpler recipes. If I am missing 7 flavours, I’ll probably just pass :slight_smile: I know you post some simpler recipes and I might be able to get some mixed with the fairy big increase in flv in my stash of late.

2 Likes

If I had the time to add notes here I would… I cant even keep up with my website for my notes either and its been a goal of mine for a few years now to get it all updated and online for everyone…

I would love to pop up simpler recipes… in fact a lot of my “larger” recipes came from simple mini recipes within the large ones I have. As it is now, I have about 600 recipes on here… a lot of them are private… I do not have any of my clients recipes sitting on elr, either…

I do not mind people asking questions on my recipes, but that rarely ever happens too…

I dont know what the solution is, except that I will be taking time this week to update the back end of my site and try to sort out the front end better… specially since I am still recovering from the flu… but I can taste my juice again!!! YAY!!! :slight_smile: lol…

I know you are trying to give me some tips, @SuperFrog and I appreciate that… i just get as frustrated as everyone else too :stuck_out_tongue: which way do I go and is it till the job is finished?? :slight_smile: oh look over there --> lol side tracked… and next thing you know Im off painting a new part for one of my guitars…

4 Likes

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3287621/Jam%20Monster%20Blackberry%20Clone/Remix

this is an adaptation of another recipe. The blackberry is damn close. Off the shake this has promise of being realistic, just hoping to nail down the toast part.

2 Likes

This recipe is marked as private!

2 Likes

Hope I fixed it.

3 Likes

yeps you fixed it :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve made almost 70 cinnamon roll recipe’s, not counting the ones I have actually just mixed up without using a recipe, lol. I love most of them but always feel like something just needs to be a little different.

5 Likes

I was amazed at how many apples I have… and yes I like apples, but holly smacks! :slight_smile:
Like you, it can become a fascination real quick!

My strawberries are even more so! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes