Wismec Reuleaux - Not a review!

So I’ve had this device for a few hours now. The battery charge indicator has barely moved! Quite a departure from my Efusion with LiPo pack, although I will say this…@daath was right that LiPo will improve over a few recharges.

The Wismec is so nice. It’s roughly the same height as the eVic VTC Mini, so not a tall jobby. Fits great in my big hands. But it’s heavier than many mods. Still, the finish is kind of satin like, so it doesn’t feel slick. And the DNA200, well if you want more info there’s a ton on here already. Suffice it to say this thing is an absolute beast and to date the best I’ve loved a mod within the first 5 minutes. If I could encourage anyone in the market for a DNA200, this would be the one! Solid.

8 Likes

got one coming, will be here Friday. yeah i cant wait

2 Likes

I wonder when I’ll get mine! Probably some time in December - can’t wait! :frowning:

4 Likes

You’re gonna love it. And I think our resident pro has one more mod to complete his DNA collection :wink:

3 Likes

I just posted him a discounted link… he’s gonna hate me lol

3 Likes

Just had a thought. With all our loving wives and husbands not only tolerating our vaping hobby but actually encouraging it by buying us stuff, I wonder how many cheerful faces on Christmas morning will turn to abject disappointment Christmas afternoon when they realize their significant other, out of love and genuine kindness, actually bought them the Joyetech chip mod rather than the DNA 200. I bet if you keep your ear to the ground by Dec 26 you’ll hear about it. That’s why I love it when my wife say I’ll buy you cotton and bottles, stuff like that, but for those battery thingies, nah, I have no idea what to get

1 Like

I had a real hard time trying to decide on which Dna200 mod to purchase.I eventually narrowed it down to three.I loved the looks of the Efusion ,the compactness of the Vapor Shark,and the 18650 battery usage of the Wismec.
The Wismec arrived today and so far I am happy with my decision.My first thought was it is smaller than I had envisioned.It’s shorter than my SX mini and even though it is roughly 1/2" or 12mm wider than the SX, it is very ergonomic.
I will probably have a few questions before I get it dialed in but thanks to the Evolv interactive tutorial I have been learning slowly.

2 Likes

I agree, it was a lot smaller then i thought it would be. Everyone said it was heavy to, and I didn’t see that either. And the battery life soan is really awesome as well.

Cool. I think you’re about to fall in love. I know i sure did. @sillyrabbit, be a champ man and see if you can link up that tutorial I made you the other night so you can share with Howdy.

It’s not much really but I think it was good for getting someone started. I’m insanely tired right now or I would dig it up. I included my CSV’s for Ti and SS and everything should be right there to help get you going.

I’m off to bed. You fellers have fun with your new toys!

1 Like

LOL ok i will try and find it, And repost it up here

1 Like

Hell I couldn’t sleep until I found this link to where I was helping rabbit the other night.

3 Likes

Thanks brother. I couldn’t remember where we was talking about this. Anuway. Good night my friend

That is outstanding , Thank you both!I have been searching in all the wrong places! I have some reading to do…

2 Likes

Agreed - But it’s so heavy compared to the Vt200 for example :smile:

2 Likes

My wife thinks it’s heavy too :slight_smile:

Efusion - 232g, 0.51 lbs
Reuleaux - 322g, 0.71 lbs, a difference of 3.2 oz or…

1 full 30ml glass bottle of e-liquid, or
2 18650 batteries, or
2.4 salad forks from my flatware set, or

Well, you get the picture. Now aren’t you all glad you pushed me to get some scales? :laughing:

3 Likes

It is heavy indeed , I have to remember to keep swapping arms while vaping during my ten hour work shift!
But at least I don’t have to swap batteries at work any more , yaaay

2 Likes

Do you find yourself weighing strange stuff as well?! ;D

Yep, almost 24h later, and my battery is at 50% :smiley:

2 Likes

I was going to say. Im on day 3. And still over half charged. These LG HE2s are what they say they are. Bad ass lol. Gos with the mod. Perfect match

4 Likes

Here’s a big LOL

So I dropped by SC Vapors in West Columbia, SC today and dropped off a bottle of my Christmas Cheer for them to try. I had my Reuleaux DNA200 and the guy working there was holding it and checking it out. This other dude spoke up and said “That’s not the DNA200, that’s the RX200.” I asked why he said that. He told me “they look a lot alike, but hardly anyone who has one has the DNA version. They look identical.” It was at this point I had a mix of emotions - do I strangle him or play with him? I mean after all, if they look identical then how the hell does he know it’s a Joyetech version. I decided to play with him. I said “well if it’s a fake, then Evolv doesn’t even know it either because I set it up through the Escribe software.” Oh yeah, more horseshit as he replied “you can set it up with the software, but it’s not a true DNA mod.”

Ok, I know full well there are people like this jackass. Guys that feel they have to be the smartest person in the room, or have some need to exert superiority in their environment. It’s sad really, but compassion is not enough to keep from making a fool of this twerp. Here’s basically my next response…

To the uninformed, yes, these mods may look identical. However for those of us who know what we’re talking about, the differences are easily spotted from across a room just like you pretended to do. The DNA mod comes in 1 color - this one. The RX200 comes in all black or cream and teal. The screen is flush mounted to the case on the RX, and the buttons are black. Then I opened the battery door, took out a battery, and told him that the sled in the RX doesn’t have the protective rings around the positive contacts as the DNA mod does.

Did this shut him up? You bet. I just walked out shaking my head.

6 Likes

Well done. But i would of played with him a bit more, after all it’s nearly Christmas :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes